Will this new series possibly take over BF?

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
Donator
Remind you of battlefield anyone? Will be available on steam. No news on dedicated servers or admin control but apparently you can kick people from your tank. Not sure how that will play out. That would be a sign that you will have control of your own server

Will support 64 / 48 or 32 player servers

Anyway check out the vid

Last edited:
It looks good, but it appears there isn't much details or gameplay footage on it.

All I can say is, if you like choices, the next generation of FPS gaming looks solid.

I'll buy this over BFV, not for any other reason than not liking period piece games........I didn't buy BF1, and I won't be buying BFV!

AS for taking over the BF series, probably not......but it will most definitely steal some business away, provided that it's good of course!

Nothing compares to the BF franchise.. NOTHING! Altho there are good 1st person shooters out none IMO deliver such non stop action and vehicular combat fun like BF3-4 and 1 did and continue to do so. BF1 is not perfect but then again neither are we.

I do hope with increased competition maybe EA and DICe will feel the pressure to step up their game and release completed games.

TBG's BF3 maps server is the BEST IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! :p

hope it turns out good although it did say minimal destructible environment physics

I always said that post BF3, ... BF needed a similar competitor. I hope this is the start of it. While it lacks mass amount of vehicles, it has me 10x more excited than BFV... you know that game pretending to be set in WW2.

Man, DICE sure have fallen of their wheels.

If you look outside mainstream, there are a few to keep an eye on.

Even if there is not much gameplay footage with the small part that I saw FINALLY another game than BF and GTA with decent graphics. If we can own our own servers like BF4 sign me in! That's the main problem of FPS these days, we are at a certain level of computer hardware but only Dice and Rockstars follows what these builds can handle. Nothing against other games it's just that we spend a lot into our build's and it's nice to enjoy it fully...

Even if there is not much gameplay footage with the small part that I saw FINALLY another game than BF and GTA with decent graphics. If we can own our own servers like BF4 sign me in! That's the main problem of FPS these days, we are at a certain level of computer hardware but only Dice and Rockstars follows what these builds can handle. Nothing against other games it's just that we spend a lot into our build's and it's nice to enjoy it fully...
Meh, I was not impressed with the graphics at all. Then again, the youtube vids are only in 1080p, but details and sharpness to graphics is lacking. And WTF is with the god damn hazy/smoky environment? I've always hated that in BF series and now another franchise wants to mimic it....why? Just for the sake of making their okay looking graphics look worse? I don't get it. Then again, I"m a 4k snob now so there!

I understand and I am definitely not saying that it's at the level of BF/4K but it's way better than most of the last fps I say lately in public test. The game is still in conception mode that worth the interest considering the shit show that BF is giving us since a while. What will you do if BFV is the same scenario than BF1 but mixed with new graphics? Just keep playing something that is not what we want just because it's more pretty than anything else?

BF1 is still better than BF4 imo. It's not what I want but they'll never make that; too busy catering to COD crowd.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 35 GB available space

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), Windows 8 (x64), Windows 10 (x64)
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Geforce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 35 GB available space

https://store.steampowered.com/app/674020/World_War_3/

Looks good for sure. I would probably play it,,,But BF series franchise is far to big and well rooted to be knocked off the radar.

The game will more than likely end up like FFOW ( Frontlines Fuel of War ) or Homefront in my humble opinion.

Looks good for sure. I would probably play it,,,But BF series franchise is far to big and well rooted to be knocked off the radar.

The game will more than likely end up like FFOW ( Frontlines Fuel of War ) or Homefront in my humble opinion.

Back then BF titles were designed exclusively for PC with dedicated servers mods etc... Times have changed. What you could do is spread the word.

I do usually !!!

Just a shame well made games fall to the wayside due to lack of player participation...

Back then BF titles were designed exclusively for PC with dedicated servers mods etc... Times have changed. What you could do is spread the word.

I miss server side mods in BF:( I was in TRU during bf1942/DC. Our modder would do crazy shit like put a battleship in northern el-alamein. He also figured out how to make VBIED's, basically honk the horn on a techi and 5 seconds later would blow up. This was before sticky c4 so it was pretty awesome at the time.

I miss server side mods in BF:( I was in TRU during bf1942/DC. Our modder would do crazy shit like put a battleship in northern el-alamein. He also figured out how to make VBIED's, basically honk the horn on a techi and 5 seconds later would blow up. This was before sticky c4 so it was pretty awesome at the time.
El-Alamein was the bomb. Love that map... Desert Combat was a hell of a mod as well. I think I played that as much as the original BF1942.

Still servers up for BF1942 as well here and there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back