What are your impressions of BF4 beta so far?

Bf3 tanks were stupid because the armor is o.p.

Tanks bf4 seemed okay. I don't like vehicle disable and they just bail. I rather it explodes while they are in there

Not to sound too much like a fanboy but....

I had way too much fun. Played ~9 full games. The map is awesome. The gun-play feels powerful and accurate. Character movement feels more grounded and less floaty like it did in BF3. All of the vehicles feel like they have actual weight to them. Thankfully I only encountered very few bugs/stuttering. Can't wait to be able to try more gadgets and guns with the full release.

Not to sound too much like a fanboy but....

I had way too much fun. Played ~9 full games. The map is awesome. The gun-play feels powerful and accurate. Character movement feels more grounded and less floaty like it did in BF3. All of the vehicles feel like they have actual weight to them. Thankfully I only encountered very few bugs/stuttering. Can't wait to be able to try more gadgets and guns with the full release.

And since you like that, it will not be that way in BF4 because every butt hurt camper will whine they want suppression and their tank to withstand nuclear bombs and for god's sake why does everything move so slow?

Seriously, I hate how slow the players move. It's way slower than BC2 and BF3 and now I feel like I'm crawling along like in 2142...and that sucks ass. When infantry runs it should at least feel like you're jogging and not walking. Christ, if I walked that slow in real life I'd be dead before I got anywhere.

...and for god's sake why does everything move so slow?

Seriously, I hate how slow the players move. It's way slower than BC2 and BF3 and now I feel like I'm crawling along like in 2142...and that sucks ass. When infantry runs it should at least feel like you're jogging and not walking. Christ, if I walked that slow in real life I'd be dead before I got anywhere.

I'm with you - though the slow movement was way worse in the afternoon than the evening. The last game of the night I played was much quicker, but still noticeably slower than in BF3.

I enjoy the slow movements. Very much so, actually.

BF3 was too slippery. People could hop and slip away like some cheesy Die Hard movie.

Here, the movements feel more weighted, like in BF2/2142. If you fuck up your positioning and you're in the open, you're fucked. No more Usain Bolts sprinting and hoping between bullets.

I enjoy the slow movements. Very much so, actually.

BF3 was too slippery. People could hop and slip away like some cheesy Die Hard movie.

Here, the movements feel more weighted, like in BF2/2142. If you fuck up your positioning and you're in the open, you're fucked. No more Usain Bolts sprinting and hoping between bullets.

You never played BF2 before they patched it late did you? BF2 was so ripe with bunny hopping, dolphin diving, dolphin diving while rolling, it was stupid. BF3 doesn't feel slippery, 2142 and BF2 were just way too slow. I can't stand that shit. Tell me why characters shouldn't be rendered at a normal speed. You can bunny hop in BF4 beta too, so you can claim they slip away too but that's nonsense imo.

god i miss dolphin diving, you guys would of loved playing i/o with me back in the day :)

You never played BF2 before they patched it late did you? BF2 was so ripe with bunny hopping, dolphin diving, dolphin diving while rolling, it was stupid. BF3 doesn't feel slippery, 2142 and BF2 were just way too slow. I can't stand that shit. Tell me why characters shouldn't be rendered at a normal speed. You can bunny hop in BF4 beta too, so you can claim they slip away too but that's nonsense imo.

Not that slow in titan mode and spawn beacons/APCs :)

That map feels like its made for vehicles.

Default FOV is 70 degrees. It goes up all the way to 120 which smells like ridiculous, but at 90 there's a definite difference in speed.

We will have to agree to disagree, because our impressions are clearly subjective.

Default FOV is 70 degrees. It goes up all the way to 120 which smells like ridiculous, but at 90 there's a definite difference in speed.

You're right, thanks I forgot about that. I turned it up to 90 and it's a normal speed now which makes me all kinds of happy.

I wish they had an always sprint; I'm constantly holding down my left shift. Gameplay is too slow battles are not that intense; full of belly babies;

Mac what do you mean about the tanks. Could a swore bf3 tanks take twice as much damage up the butt than anywhere else.

I mean the BF4 tanks seem tougher sides and front and weaker in the ass.

Now what the fuck is this shit I'm hearing about FOV? Are you telling me you can change your FOV in Battlefield? Why the fuck didn't I get the memo? I might suck 10% less with a proper fucking FOV. MOTHERFUCKER 4 years of grinding away at Battlefield in loser mode, cunting fuck.

I love it so far. Needs a bit of work but overall its pretty awesome

Back