Ugh!

sixer9682

So, the upstairs master bathroom flooded early this morning due to a cracked toilet tank. The crack went around about 1/3 of the tank, don't ask me how that happens because I don't know.

Of course, by the time I saw this the toilet room, the bathroom and the walk in closet are all standing in about an inch of water. I got that cleaned up with the wet-dry vac. and finally got a plumber out here on a Sunday-they're replacing the toilet and the plumbing in there for the toilet.

So, of course the water goes through the floor, to the ceiling downstairs where I literally had big pockets of water pooling and hanging looking like alien pods or something. So, of course, the ceiling downstairs in the living room has to come out and the guys will be here tonight to start on that.

I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing; no such luck this time. At any rate, I'll be off work tomorrow while the rest of the "restoration" work continues. Yippee.

OMG water is always bad inside a building. Don't give up!

That sucks Sixer, hope you get things back up to speed shortly :D.

Thanks, it going well so far, just time consuming is all. The bathroom stuff is done, complete with a new "high capacity" flusher. lol. Now there's something I can put to good use. The other repair guys are finishing up taking apart the flooring upstairs and then it's on to the ceiling downstairs.

Just a couple of pics from the living room with the new ceiling :) Obviously it's still having work done now, but they've almost got the whole thing out where it's needed.

DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

\
DSCF0414.jpg

It is best to deal with these situations by killing things online. Keeps you from killing them for real. Good luck with the repairs, hopefully you didn't hire Tim "The Toolman" Taylor.

Thanks, I'll be joining shortly that's for sure. And no, these guys are like wizards, it's like the water was never there. They've done a simply amazing job so far.

time to run electrical behind your TV and hide that power cord. oh, and add some speaker wires even if you dont plan on using them now. you never know when youll have the ceiling down again ;)

no really tho, it sucks to have that happen. good thing you werent out of town or something where mold could start to grow.

is insurance covinering this? new ceiling could be $$

Yeah, the insurance is covering it, they've actually been very good with the whole thing. As far as these things go, it's been really good. I stumbled onto some great repair/remodeling guys today as well as the plumber. How often does that happen? It might be different elsewhere, but coming from S. Florida it's usually a nightmare dealing with stuff like this. I have to say though, since we've been in GA. it's been the exact opposite.

Sorry to here about the bad luck Six. Hope you get everything back in order without too much pain.

Holy shit. It looks even worse than it sounded. Kind of sad that a single toilet tank crack can f up your house so badly :-/ .

at least you didnt walk into the bathroom half asleep and slip in the water then have to go to the hospital on top of all that.

Looks like your getting everything done right.

Kind of sad that a single toilet tank crack can f up your house so badly

And to think the tank cracked at the handle, probably when I flushed it last. I guess I don't know my own strength! Either that or I was adamant that whatever was in the bowl was going D O W N! Get down bitch! Did you hear me? I said now, bitch!

Back