The scoop on the new box

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
If you guys really want to change location to Virginia we can do that. Our old server was located in Plano Texas ( near dallas). Our current location is San Antonio Texas central texas. If we move it to virginia it will be basically in Washington DC (just west of it) Whatever you guys want. Right now Ping is a tiny bit higher for some. But gameplay is definately smooth so far. So lets test out our current location and next month we can move them. Obviously we will have new IPs. Let me know what you think

i still had the old server active on my browser. when does it go down?

let me know this location texas or virginia. Wolfservers.com for test ips.

I need all of you to open up command prompt.

Windows XP: Start Menu - Run - type 'cmd' without quotes.
Windows Vista: Click Vista Logo - in search bar type 'cmd' without quotes.

TYPE - > ping IP ADDRESS GOES HERE. Test as many IP's located on the east coast as you can.

Post your results in this thread.

i actully get better ping in chicago.. thats wierd becuase im alot closer to san antonio... they difference is 58 tx and 41 chicago

I know you get very high ping Falcon and epitek. Do you see this impacting your gameplay at all though?

oo move to chicago, thats right up the road from here. we need to start a map of where ppl live.

chicago doesnt have the same specs as this. And there is no unlimited bandwidth its 3000 GB.

Why not just keep it at the current location. Some of you may be getting high pings but is it really affecting your performance?

if you want to know where everyone is at all of the GBRH guys are in the Tulsa, Ok area except for 1 and he is in Galvanston, Tx

Given the combination of my shitty ISP and 100 ping, I will not be playing on the server unless there's a scrim or a 2v2 ladder match. Whatever the vote of the poll says, go with that result. I voted for Virginia obviously, but I'm not going to beg for it since it will hurt others' performance and only help mine.

Despite the fact that this is a mixed poll and after doing some research I believe that we will get more players overall by going to Virginia. I was talking with TheHeartSmasher, a WOLFServers Staff who said that he has his servers in Virginia as that is probably the best location for a global box.

We have to look at this from global and opportunistic perspective. We will get more people on the east coast not just because there seems to be more people on the east then the west but because people from other countries will be able to ping in the high 90's to low 100's.

I live in Southern California. I get ~80 ping on east coast servers depending on the backbone. I know a few you have very shitty ISP's but we can still comprompise.

My solution - move it to Virginia.

I have asked Gi Joe, ceo or founder of wolfservers and stated virginia has a better back bone than our current location. Also if you look at MIA, DIG, Xtrme 24/7 titan chaos, and Xxxemtremegamers, fullcontactwar and tacticalgamers they all run by wolfservers and in virginia. You guys play alot in those servers and pretty much everyone seems to be satisfied when playing on those servers. In addition, mostly from what I see its a lot harder to populate where we currently are because people look for the lowest ping servers to join like the servers i mentioned above as well as some chicago servers like GUN and ATU. It hasnt gone past 30 people today in our suez. And then we experienced our first crashed in 3 days which killed it. NOT BAD AT ALL though! Finally some good news with crashes!
By the way nothing gets lost but Ips and battlerecorder URL. Other than everything should be in tacked and takes one and a half days to move so not a big wait.

Like I said, I'd more than support a move to Virginia. This does need to be discussed openly though, so let's get some opinions.

Back