GTA V PC (Poll added)

Will you be getting GTA on release?

• Total voters
Played 13 hours or so online today, time to get some sleep.

Everything seems to work really with out any bugs, I can see why they held the release date back now.

tried my first online heist last night. our pugs we had with us sucked and killed hostages so in came the swat. didn't work well after that

GTAV keeps crashing to desktop saying I don't have enough memory? I have 8 gb I guess maybe 8 more would clear that up any suggestions?
I am using Nvidia geforce experience to auto configure optimized settings?

might be ur page file isn't large enough. i would recommend try increasing that. its in windows settings. don't recall the exacts, but google can guide on this one ;)

I have this monster inside of me clawing away. I want this game soo bad. Next week boys i'll be all up in this game like my life depends on it.

Finally got to play. I bought this game primarily for GTA Online so that's what I jumped into right away. So far it seems like there is very little to do in the ways of open world stuff. You can gank, rob gas stations, and that's about it. I think you can steal cars and take them to a chop shop but I haven't been able to find any shops. As far as the jobs goes. That's been a bust for me. 9/10 times I join one I get "unknown network error" and it boots me out of the job and online completely. Oh and using the quick jobs the game put me in a lvl 50 job that I had to quit because I was level 3. Come on really? I have a feeling due to the crappy peer to peer system they use for the jobs I'm going to have to set up port forwarding and a DHCP reservation. I couldn't find heists. I'm going to have to spend some time learning where all this stuff is.

Other than that the game runs smooth on an older system with a 680 GTX with the default settings. It looks pretty good too. I didn't have any problems with ALT tabbing out and back in. Also no issues with jagged shadows. I did however have to turn off the pause when out of focus setting. Also the depth of field blur had to go. Its nice for screen shots but I like seeing things in the distance clearly.

Loving the GTA Online. Having alot of fun playing that. I have bought a garage and stole a couple of cars. Have not sold them yet. I have a few questions though.

1 - I have looked online and nothing has worked yet. I am looking where it is that you set your car so that nobody can just hi-jack it or steal it form me? The places I see online say to hold down the "back" button. I have tried that it didn't work.

2 - Still trying to get used to the mechanics of the game and also just the idea of killing people. Any hints or tips from you guys about robbing, killing or fighting the civivilans, or shooting other player? Any little nugget would help in my game-play. Thank you.

I have a few questions though.

1 - I have looked online and nothing has worked yet. I am looking where it is that you set your car so that nobody can just hi-jack it or steal it form me? The places I see online say to hold down the "back" button. I have tried that it didn't work.

Push the "m" key, move to Quick GPS and select Mod Shop. It links you to the closest one. Take the car there, drive it into the garage and that's where you buy the stuff you're asking about (insurance and the tracker)

>>I think I read you can buy insurance and the tracker from the phone but I haven't done that yet, if anyone finds out how let me know!

2 - Still trying to get used to the mechanics of the game and also just the idea of killing people. Any hints or tips from you guys about robbing, killing or fighting the civivilans, or shooting other player? Any little nugget would help in my game-play. Thank you.

push "q" to take cover behind stuff then right click to pop out and shoot. The bullpup is nice for long range, put a grip and scope on it. Silencer if you want. The scope will allow you to scroll your mousewheel up to zoom in.

Shotguns are great for close-range.

I also got a long-range rifle because I got tired of dying from some bastards barely visible on a mission where we had to destroy cement trucks.

Another important thing to NOT get killed if you're trying to do something peacefully, push "m", scroll down to "Enable passive mode" and hit the "enter" key. you won't be able to attack and you won't be able to be attacked.

Oh ya, aim for the head to improve your shooting stat/skills bar

might be ur page file isn't large enough. i would recommend try increasing that. its in windows settings. don't recall the exacts, but google can guide on this one ;)
Thanks Turbo that fixed it now I can play just fine!

I have played GTA V like for 45 min and the entire time I was getting like under 10 FPS why would this happen? I've optimized the game from nvida experience and have the latest drivers.

I have played GTA V like for 45 min and the entire time I was getting like under 10 FPS why would this happen? I've optimized the game from nvida experience and have the latest drivers.

if you have SLI, right click on your desktop, click "NVIDIA Control Panel", under "3D settings" click "SLI and PhysX Configuration", click on "maximize 3D performance", click "apply", "yes"

if you don't have SLI then I don't know...have you threatened an NVIDIA employee with the bow?

Try what Mex mentioned, or try checking your resources during gameplay to see what is happening. let us know if you fix it or if u need help
BTW, a way to check if it is utilizing ur SLI setup is to monitor temps of both cards and see if one stays close to idle temp, and the other is near overheat lol

Back