Buying a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac is the flavor of the week. like when i was in high school it was cool to have a jansport back pack with patchs all over it.You had to have one to be someone. It didnt work any better then any other backpack but it cost more then the other.
The only reason that mac is still around is the ipod. Had they not created the ipod when they did they would be out of a job like Hosni Mubarak (If you dont know who that is Use your fucking douchey mac to read the fucking news Hosni Mubarak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The only reason that mac is still around is the ipod. Had they not created the ipod when they did they would be out of a job like Hosni Mubarak (If you dont know who that is Use your fucking douchey mac to read the fucking news Hosni Mubarak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Agreed. They were briefly popular when iMac was out. Only that made them popular was they were below spec all-in-ones and came in all the colors of the gaybow.

They have been trying to force us into Mac since I went back to college in 1990. Didn't fall for it then or now. Now they REQUIRE a Macbook for education majors. Like they don't suck enough money out of us for school.

Well, in all fairness, I guess people did spend hundreds of years of screaming about how the world was flat. And there was that whole thing with earth being the center of the universe...

Time has proven (and will continue to prove) Mac to be an elite machine. :)

Well, in all fairness, I guess people did spend hundreds of years of screaming about how the world was flat. And there was that whole thing with earth being the center of the universe...

Mac's are just as elite as an Alienware. The difference is, Mac's are over priced pieces of junk, just like Alienware. Mac's are not a revolution, they are a fad.

Mac's are not a revolution, they are a fad.
27 years of making and selling computers -- and still going strong -- is quite a fad.

27 years and ( even though I now realize that I must be a drone of very limited intelligence ) people who at least test fairly high on various popular intelligence scores are still buying these things...

27 years of people spending ( even what I agree is ) way too much money for a fad.

Well, I suppose, if you squint your eyes, lean your head to the side, and spin around really fast... Well, then it might really add up to a fad, after all.

The bottom line is, people pay ( way too much ) for a quality experience that just cannot be had with a PC.

Now, the PC fans can bash the Mac name all day, create funny internet images of really bad logic, and even tell children to do their chores or Steve Jobs is going to get them.

But none of that changes any of the facts.

Okay, yeah sure, it's popular. Here, I'll do it, too...

• Boo!
  • Mac sucks!
  • Go home you stupid platform that Win-Doze was stolen from because you were hijacked from Xerox, anyway!
  • You suck, Mac!
  • You cost too much and do all that stupid fancy stuff!
  • Yeah, Mac is different and we don't understand it, so we must fear it and destroy it!

Allllirighttttttt, now I'm one of the cool kids. Sweet! :)

27 years of making and selling computers -- and still going strong -- is quite a fad.

27 years and ( even though I now realize that I must be a drone of very limited intelligence ) people who at least test fairly high on various popular intelligence scores are still buying these things...

27 years of people spending ( even what I agree is ) way too much money for a fad.

Well, I suppose, if you squint your eyes, lean your head to the side, and spin around really fast... Well, then it might really add up to a fad, after all.

The bottom line is, people pay ( way too much ) for a quality experience that just cannot be had with a PC.

Now, the PC fans can bash the Mac name all day, create funny internet images of really bad logic, and even tell children to do their chores or Steve Jobs is going to get them.

• Boo!
  • Mac sucks!
  • Go home you stupid platform that Win-Doze was stolen from because you were hijacked from Xerox, anyway!
  • You suck, Mac!
  • Yeah, Mac is different and we don't understand it, so we must fear it and destroy it!

for all that shit you talk about windows sheep, how much of the mac kool aid did you drink.

I never said they sucked. They just bend over for you... If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.

Don't get a mac just because your friend have one.... think them as tards that likes to waste money....

• Boo!
  • Mac sucks!
  • You suck, Mac!

Lol still going strong?
OS market share news
Mac has had 4% to 5% of the home computer market share for years. The only reason it hasnt gone to zilch is because those people keep indoctranating their kids. How is 4-5% "still going strong"? The ONLY thing that saved Apple from going under is the ipod. Why do you think everything they've put out since plays off the ipod? If it was true that the Mac did everything better like you say, then it would naturally be adopted by the majority. But it doesnt. It's just pretty and shiny and makes fanboiz go "OOooooOOO take all my moniez!"

Other reason why they survived is that they sell computers for cheap to schools. I learned how to use a computer on a Apple II.

Should change the topic title to "Bending Over and getting a mac book pro"

Okay dude, here is where I educate you.

I used to own a Mac for a very long time, it was the type of computer I learned on and the one that I became fluent (somewhat) in computer work. I understood how a computer worked.

I spent a great deal of time utilizing both platforms for a ton of different applications from music and sound editing to gaming.

and I have to say that the PC was the platform that made me computer savvy. It was the PC, (Not the Mac) that educated me on how to use complex programs, editing software, gaming, and coding.

When I worked at the Radio Station in NY we only had Mac machines to edit sound on, they served their purpose and worked well with ProTools and FinalCut. but they took a very long time to boot up, process data, format and reformat studio data, and it became rather frustrating and eventually the Station Manager said he wanted them out.

My Program director asked me "Alex your a computer guy right? is there anyway we can upgrade these things? " I had no idea how to upgrade a Mac, But I told him that we could have a PC put in that does just as well if not better for half the amount of money we spent on both Mac Pros.

We brought in an HP machine that was twice as fast and could hand way more of work load that both Macs running at the same time.

Now when It comes to portability here we go:

When I went to college I had about 1500 bucks to buy a laptop computer that I could game on and still be portable. I baught an ASUS AV7s which was about $1200, the Macbook that I was looking at was $1400 for the base model and had a puny processor and an 80GB hard drive as compared to my Dual core 2.36mhz w/ a 120GB hard drive (2007 numbers)

also if it is any cosolation (which it is), the $300 I saved in cash ran me around campus to about 4-5 frat parties, a weekend at the bar and getting laid thrice that weekend

so, what would you have done buy the Mac?? Lol!

Gaming:

My pledge brother bought the Mac book that I was going to buy, and saw me playing 2142 one day. He said "dude where can I get that game?" and we went to best buy and picked on up.

Now... when we got back to the dorms he installed 2142, patched it and got like 25fps on his computer and I got about 85-90fps. He became utterly frustrated that he kept getting knifed, got belligerently drunk and then we went back to best buy for an exchange.

I am not using flawed logic, or screaming from the peanut gallery that "Macs suck", I'm telling you strait out that my experience with both machines makes PC the victor, Botman is right, Macs look all sexy and futuristic, but you are paying for just that aesthetics, really simple programs that any chimp or coffe sipping hipster can use, and not feel completely overwhelmed. To be honest dude, its not fair to the consumer, they are buying something that they have no idea about, but just "looks really good"
So sure, if Apple wants to market to people who are not computer savvy and have fat wallets than let them, its not my loss, or my $3000 out of my pocket. Then again most of the people who buy Macs arn't super computer savvy or have fat wallets; otherwise they would realize they are paying waaaay to much to receive so little

for all that shit you talk about windows sheep, how much of the mac kool aid did you drink.
About $1,359.57 after some extra software and 3-years of AppleCare ( insurance that will replace the entire machine if anything dies. )

And after that much Kool Aid, I will defend my Mac until the death!

--

So, I stick with my original points:

But hey, if Mac was so terrible, they probably would have went out of business years ago...
Well, in all fairness, I guess people did spend hundreds of years of screaming about how the world was flat...
I'm always right, you foolish mortals.
And there was that whole thing with earth being the center of the universe...
27 years of making and selling computers -- and still going strong -- is quite a fad...
The bottom line is, people pay ( way too much ) for a quality experience that just cannot be had with a PC...

About $1,359.57 after some extra software and 3-years of AppleCare ( insurance that will replace the entire machine if anything dies. )

And after that much Kool Aid, I will defend my Mac until the death!

--

So, I stick with my original points:

That is the argument everyone with a Mac makes.

Oh, there is software preloaded and it costs this much more!

That's a bunch of bullshit. You can get the same software on Windows for so much less.

Again, Steve Jobs is all about manipulating the value of the product into something it is not.

I hate Mac's for a reason.

That is the argument everyone with a Mac makes.

Oh, there is software preloaded and it costs this much more!

That's a bunch of bullshit. You can get the same software on Windows for so much less.

Again, Steve Jobs is all about manipulating the value of the product into something it is not.

I hate Mac's for a reason.

Forget it dude it's like yelling at the wall with this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back