BF1 Analysis so far, Post here your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, its free and you're complaining. Relax.

The whole point of a demo, which this is, is to entice people to buy it. They call it a "Beta" all they like but when the full game releases in less than two months it isn't a Beta. It's kind of hard to get people to like a game they can't play whether it's free or not.

You seem to really enjoy it and that's great for you but if the last 4 battlefield titles are indicative of this ones quality I'll probably pass.

Last edited:
After I unlocked the first class of weapons for support, the game just got more fun, the new gun I have does a shit load more damage. Also the impact grenades to the face are awesome

Played in a squad with three friends tonight. Had a fantastic time.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Idk. I have very limited time to play anything now. I have to say I had fun just running around bayonet charging people

Go to Battlefield.com
click on career
choose BF1
go to Loadout
buy everything, no worries, its free
profit !

Last edited:
Some cons I've noticed so far:

Anti-vehicle weapons are way under-powered in the beta. You need 2 assault to attack one vehicle successfully most times.
Shotguns are for shit at anything other than point blank range-otherwise they are the shit.
There needs to be an easy way to level buildings...I swear to god every damn building in the beta map has at least two twats camping in it the whole time. I've gotten kills just taking out walls with the AT rocket in an attempt to open up the buildings. It's like whak-a-mole.
There are still problems with the jumping mechanics...not being able to go over a 2 foot incline while we can leap a 5 foot high wall in one jump...wtf?
The melee charge of 20 foot rush is too long. That should be for short distances, not across a building or open ground insta-kill.
It takes a lot of shots to kill with any of the rifles except sniper...pistols work better most times.

Positives:
The planes are pretty well balanced, and fly without most of the quirks in BF3 and BF4.
It's fun to play, especially if you have a squad that sticks together.
AT mines do the job :)
Gas grenade is a great way to flush out campers :)
The graphics are fantastic and the variation in classes balance each other out.

I've played about an hour or so.

I like the new menu setup, I really liked how I just have to scroll over my friends list to pull that up.
The graphics look good to me but I'm not picky.
You can run people over with a horse and no counter knife +1
The guns probably need some balancing they always do I like all the starting guns except for the LMG I couldn't figure out how to bipod it.

I don't like the map, its either wide open or a million little buildings that look the same with multiple levels and ways to get to them.
I'm not sure if I like how the 3-D spotting works. I never seem to see the enemy shooting on it makes me wish I had 5.1 headphones... also spotting the enemy or their vehicles seemed broken to me I spotted a guy sniping at least 300M but I couldn't get the tank right in front of me.
I can't turn down the games music volume.

I'm definitely going to get it, I'm just not sure if I will pre-order it.

I've played about an hour or so.

I like the new menu setup, I really liked how I just have to scroll over my friends list to pull that up.
The graphics look good to me but I'm not picky.
You can run people over with a horse and no counter knife +1
The guns probably need some balancing they always do I like all the starting guns except for the LMG I couldn't figure out how to bipod it.

I don't like the map, its either wide open or a million little buildings that look the same with multiple levels and ways to get to them.
I'm not sure if I like how the 3-D spotting works. I never seem to see the enemy shooting on it makes me wish I had 5.1 headphones... also spotting the enemy or their vehicles seemed broken to me I spotted a guy sniping at least 300M but I couldn't get the tank right in front of me.
I can't turn down the games music volume.

I'm definitely going to get it, I'm just not sure if I will pre-order it.
I am going to be pre-ordering the game only without premium. I saw enough difference in the game when I finally got my first Support LVL up. Wish I would of known to play a round than leave in order for the lvl up process to work. Once I got the lvl up, my gun all the sudden stopped shooting peas and was firing lead killing guys. The impact grenade is awesome. Threw one at a guys head and it killed him instantly.

I am on the hype train now. Anyone else want to get on board?

I have been enjoying it, although I usually die more than I kill. Most of the time it is from a sniper way far away on another flag while we try to clear a flag. I fucking love the AA, but it respawns way too slowly (someone said they think it should spawn as quickly as the planes). Tanks are fun to ride in when you have the chance, but a bitch to kill.

Last edited:
I like it a lot. A do think it should have been Battlefield 5's "hardline" if you will. I love the bayonet and the horse & sword. Miss my UCAV's

Use your war bonds guys, upgrade your weapons. It will change the game big time for you

cant get my joystick to work with the game hopefully thats fixed on release... game is kind of arcade like all most little to much for me.. but its fun I will be buying it.

its a hard pass for me ive tried sober drunk and high but not feelin it at all on any of those lvls. i think with will be like hardline and battlefront and just flop

No comment. Can't even get the game to launch after trying to install is 6 different times, on all 3 of my drives.

No comment. Can't even get the game to launch after trying to install is 6 different times, on all 3 of my drives.[/QUOIt

It doesn't launch at all or opens to a black screen?

The number one problem I see right now with Nvidia cards is the very latest driver sucks ass for BF1....use the previous driver and it's fine.

It doesn't even open. Origin recognized I started it, and then when it closes a few seconds later. No screen or anything.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

What driver are you using?

Edit: I take it you tried the repair option in Origin also?

I love it the more I play. The other night with all the tbg members tearing it up for a few hours was crazy fun.

I played the HL beta and hated the feel/mechanics of the game. For me, it didn't played like BF; which is main reason that I didn't buy it.

BF1 reminds me of HL so much so that I want to skip it. However, I believe most of my SAS mates will move onto BF1, as well as TBG, so I'll more than likely will buy the game. But I won't be happy about it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back