BF1 Analysis so far, Post here your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TESTEFY-HD

BANNED
BANNED
I have played it for a couple hours now and have come to this conclusion so far.

1. Map is pretty
2. A lot of new toys to play with
3. Tanks are awesome, you can destroy just about everything
4. Horses are fun once you learn how to control them properly

Now the problems

1. BF1 is just a new theme built on the same design as Battlefront
2. The game is made for casual play just like Battlefront
3. If you look at the Battlefield.com Forums, almost everyone is coming to the same conclusion I have

If you never played Battlefront, you will be in for a treat. The graphics are great. But, it was made for casual players so anyone could play and be on almost the same level as "Good Players". They really need to release another map or maps before the game goes to launch. The map you play on the beta gets boring quick, where I can only stand playing it for about 15 minutes now and want to go back to BF4. I am going to keep playing it over the next 8 days since the beta ends on September 8th, and hope maybe I can get a better opinion. I don't think my opinion is going to change without having more than the 1 map. I am also glad, I haven't pre-ordered it yet and possibly wasted 130.00.

I look forward to seeing what others think.

Graphics are awesome. Netcode is abysmal. Takes a L-O-N-G time to kill anything. Snipers can damage tanks. Joystick, gamepad options all greyed out and non functional. Has potential.

Played 2 rounds of conquest before work. runs smoothly and love the game play.

They really need to release another map or maps before the game goes to launch. The map you play on the beta gets boring quick, where I can only stand playing it for about 15 minutes now and want to go back to BF4.

That is NOT a good sign for me. I played the FLATline (hardline) beta and got tired of it fast but I played it to the point of forcing myself to give it a chance. Didn't buy. Battlefront grabbed my attention even less with the way the flight mechanics were different, didn't buy. Need for Speed: Most Wanted was free, I played it for about as long as hardline and then got tired of it, got boring fast.

So far the graphics, to me, look ridiculously cartoonish like hardline. I don't mind cartoonish looks like Overwatch or Borderlands---but not in Battlefield. I have already had one "BF1 stopped working" and it was on the loading screen to get in a game. The second time I was able to get in without issues.

EDIT: BF4 beta was really fun despite it only having Seige of Shanghai. Beta's are pretty reliable for telling if a game will be a keeper or not; for me anyways.

Can gadget designations be switched (for example have #3 bring up ammo or a medpack)? By default it's #4 to bring them up.

I'm not impressed so far. It's a complete change from what I'm used to with BF4 and I hate the new menu changes. Does remind me alot of Battlefront which turned me off playing the Beta. I kinda feel the same way about this game. Can't scroll down to my gadgets with mouse wheel instead of pushing 3 or 4 (Unless there is a setting i'm missing). Can't figure out how to change vehicle loadouts, horses have clunky movements. I only have played 3-4 games and will keep playing and maybe my opinion will change. We'll see. But as far as right now goes. I'll wait till after release and reviews come out. I'm glad I didn't buy Hardline or Battlefront either. Both of their Betas failed to impress me.

The graphics are great. But, it was made for casual players so anyone could play and be on almost the same level as "Good Players". They really need to release another map or maps before the game goes to launch. The map you play on the beta gets boring quick, where I can only stand playing it for about 15 minutes now and want to go back to BF4. I am going to keep playing it over the next 8 days since the beta ends on September 8th, and hope maybe I can get a better opinion. I don't think my opinion is going to change without having more than the 1 map. I am also glad, I haven't pre-ordered it yet and possibly wasted 130.00.

I look forward to seeing what others think.
I disagree to a point about " it was made for casual players so anyone could play and be on almost the same level as "Good Players"."
Ive played 4 rounds so far flying the fighter jet and ive yet to be actually shot down by some one because im better at flying than them. True its not the same as BF4 but keep in mind its a DEMO. im sure the actually game will be a hell of a lot better. I am optimistic about bf1, it does seem to take skill.

I played one game and thought it was alright but I love modern weapons not antiques for a warfare game. Enjoyed jumping on the train and shooting 100's of rounds and killing nothing :)

Been watching a stream all day today and yesterday... so far I'm not really impressed with what I'm seeing, and this is EA, so I'm 95% sure it's going to be more of what I'm already watching.

I disagree to a point about " it was made for casual players so anyone could play and be on almost the same level as "Good Players"."
Ive played 4 rounds so far flying the fighter jet and ive yet to be actually shot down by some one because im better at flying than them. True its not the same as BF4 but keep in mind its a DEMO. im sure the actually game will be a hell of a lot better. I am optimistic about bf1, it does seem to take skill.

Thank you. I agree. I've had a lot of fun with the game so far, and actually find it more difficult to excel at than in previous battlefield titles. I have a hard time on the ground fighting and playing the objective while living for more than two kills, there's a new flow that the game is forcing me to learn and I like it. I will say that Automatics are pretty annoying and I look forward to servers that take out or limit automatic weapons. The damage feels weird, like I should be doing more but it might just take some adjustment. So far my biggest disappointment is performance, I'm barely achieving 40fps on low with a 970 and FX-8350. Pretty sure that's playing into my perceived difficulty of the weapons, as well.

Just played one full round, solo with a random squad. More impressions to come

1. Game looks beautiful. I love the way things look and change. I don't think this looks cartoony at all.
2. No framerate issues on ultra or weird stuff with the graphics. 1
3. Nothing like Battlefront. I played a good amount of battlefront, and enjoyed it for what it was. The closets thing that makes this like battlefront is the limited weapon options. However, with this being a WW1 shooter, I'm OK with that. Menu system is more like battlefront, but actually quite a bit improved from that.
4. I don't that a sniper can do a bit of damage to a tank with the K bullets. The damage is very minimal
5. Netcode is a bit hit or miss right now, but thats OK and something that can be tightened up.
6. Beta map is a bit to open in some spots for my taste, some tanks had some pretty good runs just sitting in open areas. However, I think a part of that a lack teamwork.
7. Of the few weapons I handled all seemed fairly responsive.
8. I love how minimal spotting is. When I was running in the buildings and around I could feel really vulnerable - which is a good thing. I didn't have a magical radar that pretty much had people spotted on it all the time.

More to come.

Edit: I am using the 372.54 drivers, I have not updated to the "optimized" ones and don't plan to unless I have issues.

It opens to a black screen for me, and nothing else. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver but so far nothing.

Tried the repair game and same shit...all I see is white text saying BF1 Beta

Sorry, it says "open beta"

Last edited:
So here's a fucked up thing...and it was a problem with battlefront as well.

To fix this, hit alt + enter this takes the game out of fullscreen which apparently causes the black screen...fuking dice.

Here is a question, Did you play battlefront other than the beta? I never said it is "the same" as battlefront, the graphics are identical just in a desert setting now. The game play also feels the same to me.

My opinion is about 90/10 that the game is a modification of Battlefront if you read all the opinions so far. The big difference between the BF4 beta and this one was that Siege of Shanghi had DEPTH. All the aspects of BF and new ones people were looking for. I did not get the feeling that everyone was on the same level in the BF4 beta. I also spawned in on a point and was killed instantly 9 times by some sniper camping outside the flag, who figured out the spawn points.

I played the game yesterday and had a great time. It is a big change from BF4 though I find that refreshing. My squad rolled around in a heavy tank for half a round and it is amazing how long a tank can last when there are no lock ons. The AT Mine seems effective though since they are harder to spot without thermal. I agree the beta map is open in some areas and this makes you vulnerable to snipers. The game runs fine on my system and looks beautiful. I do not like some of the new controls. Not being able to scroll through all my weapons is annoying.

Gameplay was smooth, no getting stuck on random objects on the ground, the 60hz made the gameplay smoother and hit detection was way better than BF4...for me eat least.
Game mechanics are good for the tanks, vehicles, and planes, haven't tried a horse yet. Melee is funny as shit in this game and pistols kill the fuck out of people quickly :)
Shotguns, as I learned, are the bomb at close quarters.

Bottom line for me so far is the game looks fantastic, the gameplay is smooth and enjoyable, and it's just an all around fun game to play. I like what I see so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back