BF Hardline

Yeah new and better games are on the way, and even though bf4 isn't completed yet it is probably better then HL. lolz.

I played the first beta, it had a lot of issues that BF4 has (random chatbox lag as one example that has yet to be fixed). The reason for similar glitches is most likely because it uses Frostbite 3 and also the tick rate is subpar. When it comes to teamwork, in the Hardline beta you could self-revive which to me, further enhances the already lack of teamwork in Battlefield.

If the game was sold with its original title (Omaha) then it wouldn't be put under such scrutiny but EA wants to put Battlefield in the title to make some $, which follows their mission statement that they might as well have which is to put quantity over quality

The graphics are eh. Hardline is something that the gaming community could have made as a mod (like a game called Saints Row IV) but EA is attempting to sell Hardline for full price.

I'ma end with a lil quote: "EA should just make a game called "Bugs and Lag" already...... It amazes me how many fools there are on this planet EA still being in business proves Humanity has only gotten stupider with time."

Amen to that!!!

"Will not pre-order or play...I think id rather play that clown mask robber game than this..or L4D2, or Evolve when it comes out."

The grass is always greener on the other side. I loved the idea of Payday 2 (clown mask robber game). I played it today and it is RIFE with cheating. So much so the company doesn't even care. Instead of a ban there is just red text above the player's head indicating he is a cheater. L4D2 was great in the beginning. Now there are no vanilla servers to be found. Pretty much all of the servers are heavily modded and the mods range anywhere from the server admins hacking to just stupidly complex gameplay.

I'm with you on Evolve though. I have high hopes for that game. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll pick up Hardline. Its not like its some subscription BS. I've wasted more than that on a 10 minute lapdance with 2 girls. Maybe there will be another BF4 expansion but if anything else it will hold me over until BF5.

So are they letting private servers in the open beta? Will there be a TBG server? I'm pretty excited about this. The hardwire game mode seems like it might actually be pretty damn fun.

During the beta we can't host but can definitely host once full version is out. Depends how much power this thing uses and if we can fit in any of our boxes with negatively affecting other servers. We'll probably run only one server since there isn't a huge demand here for it.

I imagine it would be conquest or team death match something like that.

What is hardwire about?

During the beta we can't host but can definitely host once full version is out. Depends how much power this thing uses and if we can fit in any of our boxes with negatively affecting other servers. We'll probably run only one server since there isn't a huge demand here for it.

I imagine it would be conquest or team death match something like that.

What is hardwire about?

In essence the control points become the cars. You have to drive a certain speed to gain points for capture points.

Here's a link to an article and video.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/02/02/hotwire-best-thing-battlefields-done-ages

Sorry its not hardwire. I meant hotwire.

so I decided to try the second beta out I didn't even finish the first round I joined. so this is a for sure no for me

Crashed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

nah didn't crash. game play was just terrible physics all of it didn't flow at all

PROS:
the vehicle icons on the deploy screen have a status bar showing when the vehicle will respawn
you can spray your emblem (too bad you can't upload a pic like in CounterStrike and spray them)
FPS is slightly higher than in BF4

CONS:
still no Battlescreen
there's a constant sound in the background that is pretty unnecessary
my CPU is being worked about 20% more than in BF4 (I expect it will eventually be optimized)
in BF3 my LED keyboard would flash red when health was low (BF4 and Hardline need to get on that!)

I've gotten 2 DirextX errors with my GTX 770m's in SLI. The last one froze my computer up and I had to force it to shut down by holding the power button.

Last edited:
I tried HL and I get about 117 to 121 fps. But the game seems to lag/stutter, and with only two players, and really low ping. AA doesn't seem to work either.
Stupid game ... most fun is busting windows with a bat. lol
Not wasting my money on it!

Played 2 games. It's not BAD, but it isn't great either. I'm not sure if I will purchase it or not honestly. I'll have to put in more time during the beta. It's like playing a GTA multiplayer. The graphics are meh. Seems like a step back from BF3/4 to me honestly. With my 970 I'm getting the same FPS as with BF4 if not higher. Servers for me ran fine, I have a nice selection of 30 or lower ping servers. I will deffinately put in a lot of play time during the beta to make my decision on the purchase. I would be happy with more remake BF maps till BF5 v this game though.

You guys are shitting on this game to much. Its still in beta!

Side note: I wont preorder Ill wait till on sale.

I think if you go into this expecting it to be a Battlefield game you might be disappointed. I'm looking at it like a GTA game with better multiplayer and better destructible physics system. I'm still trying to download it too. Ugh. I hate hate hate Origin. Nothing else downloads this slow for me. The free copy of Theme Hospital is like a slap in the face on top of it.

well since everyone is on the beta and bf4 servers are dead. I decided id give it another go and started playing that hotwire mode. I like that way better than heist still not gonna pre order or buy right out the gate but figured after my first negative replies I should give some positive feedback now that I finally found some to give. I still have yet to play conquest mode plan to do that here in a bit

Back