Bad news for mw2

Activision PC software sales = 5% +/- of total revenue per quarter/
They don't give a shit.

Well, they should. Without the PC, the console would be toast.

You're using common sense.
Activision no longer thinks like that. They need to spend all their time grabbing their ankles.
One with their Wal-mart hand and the other with their Microsoft hand.

they could lose even more if people switch to other games in the genre like BFBC2 and possibly stick with that series, and not go back to COD. then they are losing out on the pc market even if they make dedicated servers next time. People just don't think nowadays...

Its no different than Atari or Midway still making arcades today... they dont. The PC to them is ancient history and console gaming will always be around.

But fear not. With emulators the PC will live on.

There are entire communities right now that are using the old Star Wars games like X-Wing and Rebel Assault. These guys set up clans, design and modify their own X-wings and TIE fighters to have huge space battles on private servers for clan bragging rights. Its awesome! These are games that are 10+ years old that have been revived and are played more than 2142 and Counter Strike combined.

PC games may eventually die, but we will always play what we have. I hope.

I don't see PC Gaming dying. It's a popular thing to say now-a-days. 3 things can happen:

1. Developers make an engine that is easy to develop PC games, dedicated server browser, player browser (for consoles), and console games.

2. OnLive becomes mainstream

3. Developers continue to support the PC gaming industry.

The reason PC gaming is not doing that well is purely because developers don't want to spend the extra money to make quality PC games. It's all about time and money now-a-days. Now if options 1 or 2 that I listed ever become widespread, either everyone (console and PC) plays on the same system, or development for future games and porting is made MUCH easier.

When I first heard this... I'm became pissed.. But now I can't wait when all the pissed off fans dont buy the product or just pirate the product just to get back at IW... I cant wait when Battlefield series kills the COD series in sales... cant wait.. And just by them doing this Battlefield has a huge advantage now in the PC Gaming market.

I call for boycott.... seriously..

i like the BF series for its teamwork aspect. and COD for its mindless killing aspect. i will definitely switch to BF series if they dont address this the way they should. at least 402 is gonna make sure they know about the petitions and everything.

rofl 101000+ signatures. still climbing strong. im curious to see what retailers numbers are for canceled preorders world wide.

im gonna say that they will address this issue before it hits 200k. and at the rate its been going that will be around friday or saturday

just a little update, infinity ward community manager said on twitter that he is aware of the petition and are paying attention.

Of the roughly 15 million copies of COD 4 sold since inception, only 500,000 copies represent pc sales.
Probably costs more to promote and support at this % of unit sales than to even produce.
Activisions actions are clear.

Then why make the PC game at all? BTW.... 500K copies @ 35 in IW's pocket = 1.75M dollars, enough to keep several dev teams in business.

IW released a statement touting how wonderful this solution is... it is being shit on in a significant manner on their forums.

Even if they wanted to do a left4dead-type lobby/closed server search deal (what IWNet sounds like), they should do like Valve and still allow the community to run servers for mods and such.

Forcing a completely closed server model is teh gay.

Edit: LMFAO I just had this thought... I wonder how admining is going to be done LULZ EPICALLY. Votekicks? If so, they'll be flying like pieces of shit from a rapidly spinning fan...

i didn't buy cod 4 because i thought it was like the console version, which i hated

I bought CoD 4 even though it's not my favorite game, because I found it cheaply ($10ish), and it's a GOOD console port (although its console origins are somewhat apparent). It's probably the best console port that I've seen of a game... well perhaps GTA:SA was also really really good.

Back