Bad news for mw2

boog22

Not sure if you guys have heard. I see you console reading you will have a huge part in mw2 but unfortunaly it was confirmed by fourtwozero on a live podcast. Do a quick google search and you will find recording of it and posts everywere. Seems it may be the end of the pc cod communities. It is going to be on listen servers similar to console games.

I've heard it. Not sure what to think at this point.

guess i should of added a little more detail, didnt realize i didnt. No dedicated servers which means clans cant start there own servers. All servers will be iw controlled. So lame.

I'm hoping for a Day 1 patch. Waiting for more info to come out :).

Another good past PC title flushed down the drain because of the faggy xShitIn360DegreesOnYourFace server model?

I'm starting to wonder what's next... Doom? Quake? Counter-Strike (2)?

Wolfenstein was already shitted on too... even though the SP is mildly fun.

Well, there goes, a large chunk of their hardcore PC, community, apparently they don't care about millions of dollars worth of revenue. meh oh well they did it to themselves, way to ruin the game for a large ammount of people who were gonna lay out mad dough for it. too bad INFWARD

Can someone post a link to something. I searched but didn't find anything. Its still coming out on PC right? You guys are just talking about the servers being blown to shit, right?

yes its still coming out on PC, but TBG can't host servers unless you run it from someone else computer (listen servers) and I doubt everyone can see your server like that.
Also they will put out their own servers, you can't build a community with that.

What was wrong with COD4 or 5? They would be stupid not to have server files. I really do think they will come out with a server files.....eventually...whether its 1 or 2 months later. I sure hope so.

402 is a fucking idiot. The whole point of running servers is to let communities/clan run them! What kind of fools are they thinking that this IW.NET is going to be a 'good' change. I can't believe this.

Well this ruins it for me. Im not buying it until they decide to allow dedicated servers or give us some confirmation that it will be patched in at a later date and this is only a temporary thing to prevent delaying release.

it can actually be quite fun playing like that
like u all party up together, and then u go into a random server with random people and just crush them. It's actually quite fun, albeit very different from what we're used to (having our own servers that we just play on and own on).
maybe its just cuz I'm a console gamer also and am used to it, it's not that bad

I'm going to cancel my pre-order for MW2. Sure I'll buy it but only if its any good. Thats done. Ruined the fucking game. Fucking Activision....

[quote1255833655=x=FAST=x]
Also there Might be a pay per month to play online. LULZ!
[/quote1255833655]

I never cared overly much for COD, so if it's not at least as good as a port as Cod4 (pb, dedicated servers, nice menus, polished feel, definitely NO monthly subscription, and simple CD Key protection or Steam at the worst), I definitely won't even come near "the PC SKU." LULZ indeed!

Punch the corporate balls and let the franchise die mwahhaha.

to supplement my earlier post, granted, you cant build much of a community/any community without dedicated servers

Yeah, Gamestop called me a month ago and told me my reserve copy was cancelled and they wanted me to know if I wanted to get a copy for XBOX360 instead.

Well, least BF3 is comfirmed for PC....

[quote1255860519=Space_Ace76]
Well, least BF3 is comfirmed for PC....
[/quote1255860519]

So far...

I'm gonna laugh epically if they announce that there won't be dedicated servers for BF1943 and BF:BC2 and that the games will be played by peer 2lag peer matching people via Microsoft's Live piece of shit, AND that you have to have EA Download manager active in the background AND a new EA software which displays popup advertisements every 5 minutes AND that you have to pay $15 for new weapons in the game AND keep paying or cashing in game points like Heroes AND when it's released it crashes all the time for no reason AND the menu takes 30 seconds to load.

I dont know if any of you have been following Infinity wards forums for mw2 but there have been alot of posts being deleted by them. all of them had to do with people complaining about there being no dedicated servers. Petitions and just regular discussions. go here to sign the petition. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw

Back