Bad news for mw2

yeah i signed dont think they care though lulz!

boony should go jihad them!

I dont understand why game companies do shit like this. Its what they do, to make money! Really?

This same thing happend over at Sony Online with Star Wars Galaxy if some of you remember. So many console noobs complained and bitched that the game was "too much like a PC game". Which it is a PC game for fuck sake. And what did the idiots do at Sony? Changed the RPG aspect of Galaxies to a FPS game. No shit! We already had Battlefront I & II for PS2 and XBOX, why convert it to a console game?

Just stupid. PC games are dying and dying fast.

wow signatures going up fast. about 5000 signs in 2 hours

GSPs are speaking out about it, obviously they will lose tons of money on this, if it happens. I really do think some sort of game images can be made to make a dedicated server out of them. COD 4 and 5 do not have dedicated server files, the GSP has a copy of the game and make images to install on your server. Anyways this is whats on the forum.

[blockquote]The owner of our company has been working with the producers of the game, and they said servers will work, for everything but the coop of the game.

Thank You
Dallas Behling[/blockquote]

For multiplay users, Do NOT buy the game until they confirmed that the communities can set up their own servers.

[quote1255986336=BuckFutter75]
I will not buy MW2 unless the MP is unchanged.
[/quote1255986336]
im right there with ya buck.

Edit: lol 75000+ signatures already. went up about 25k since 8am est
i added the petition link as a signature so people shouldnt have problems finding it if they read this stuff

Let's do some numbers here:

75000 on the petition, 30% actually follow through (assuming 75K copies possible bought) = 22500

22500 * 45 (on a 60 dollar game probably what IW's take is) = 1,012,500 dollars of revenue gone.

lol buck. and all that is over a what 3 day span since the petition started. so if it keeps going at this pace they can expect to lose $300,000+ each day this goes unanswered.

And it doesn't stop there... did some more thought:

1) All the distributors who were going to be making 5ish/copy are now losing their ass and possibly refunding money.

2) Hosting companies are going to take this up the ass hardcore. Many of them must be buying new hardware to handle the switch. Sure some of the WaW could eventually be re-used but servers were pre-sold which means boxes were being built. That's a lot of cap-ex's without the revenue to back it up.

IW really screwed themselves on this one.

[quote1255996031=x=FAST=x]
yeah i signed dont think they care though lulz!

boony should go jihad them!
[/quote1255996031]

FUCK YEAH I SHOULD!

Allahu Akbar!

Back