Ark

Because some of the recipes are selected through the equipment required to make it....e.g pestle and mortar, smithy

Just bought game, hope to join up with you guys in the next few days!!!

hope to be on a bit this weekend, will have to join up with the crew

All right guys. I've made some headway into adding the mods in for our server. So far we've added the following:

ORP - Offline Raiding Protection: Should protect structures from being destroyed when you're offline. Only raidable when the tribe is on.

Better Beacons Redux! Map extension

Cooking Extras - allows for adding kitchen / containers to help preserve food

Improved balanced Stacks - allows for higher stacks of materials (note, as this does modify some of the mechanics of storage, you will see some issues with already collected items. Once those are used up, the mod will work normally.)

Morecrafting ARK II - allows for additional items, like a first aid kit, tents that you can deploy and take without without burning mats, and additional items.

So far it's been a very painful process of getting these mods and tweaks installed. If you want my humble opinion, I would recommend we add one mod at a time as there are issues with multiple mods affecting each other. Additionally, I found out the only way to clear out a mod is to set up an FTP connection and delete it from the server's file structure (apparently the server launcher adds mods, but does not have a way to delete them from the console)

One last thing, even though I backed up the world before starting down the path of enabling the mods, I was not able to successfully reset the server to the latest version. So any work that was completed may be undone (looking at maybe an hour or two worth of work.) I will leave this up to the group but I would recommend either resetting the world and trying again (with 50% less brontos this time) or we can continue on. Either way, it's been a fun trying to get this server going for you guys and I think we are on the right path. @Iguanidon I'll fill you in on the details and have some instructions outlined for you on how to help install and remove mods. I would like to thank @Brownstreaks for staying up with me as long as he could to help with research as he has provided me with several articles helping with the server configuration. Please provide any and all feedback as I'll be monitoring this thread at work (in about 7 hours lol) In the mean time, please feel free to kill as many dinos as you can.

GhstOps6

Edit:

One other thing. With the addition of the mods and the way the world loads on this server, It will take approximately a half hour to complete the server load. I've tried my best to prioritize the mods, but it looks like this is more of an optimization issue as @Brownstreaks pointed out some servers may take up to a few hours to load with 15 - 20 mods installed, so we'll need to not only be judicial on mods, but also determine how often we want to restart the server and when. Otherwise, we'll all be chilling for a half hour trying to entertain ourselves.

Im fine with resetting or wiping the server. But if we wipe I ask that we have some sort of gathering buff to get where we left off. But it may be simpler to just nuke all of them let them respawn. For server rules as asked earlier Id like to see a cap to numbers in tribes. I also think TBG shouldnt cater to gear lost unless there is a way to monitor it. And it would an extreme headache for admin.

Ive spent the entire morn thinning the herd of Bronos it has been successful they are not respawning we are down to like 3

Just bought the game ...
Can't find the server thought.....
I don't see it in the game browser, neither in Steam server browser.
Tried the cmd:
steam://connect/208.115.200.131:7877
and it respond Server is not responding!
HELP!

It's under unofficial servers. On the bottom left of the browser there is a filter. Select unofficial and look there.

So any thoughts on the current server setup? We have a long way to go but getting the mods going was the first major hurdle.

As long as it's fun I'm good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

All right guys. I've made some headway into adding the mods in for our server. So far we've added the following:

ORP - Offline Raiding Protection: Should protect structures from being destroyed when you're offline. Only raidable when the tribe is on.

Better Beacons Redux! Map extension

Cooking Extras - allows for adding kitchen / containers to help preserve food

Improved balanced Stacks - allows for higher stacks of materials (note, as this does modify some of the mechanics of storage, you will see some issues with already collected items. Once those are used up, the mod will work normally.)

Morecrafting ARK II - allows for additional items, like a first aid kit, tents that you can deploy and take without without burning mats, and additional items.

So far it's been a very painful process of getting these mods and tweaks installed. If you want my humble opinion, I would recommend we add one mod at a time as there are issues with multiple mods affecting each other. Additionally, I found out the only way to clear out a mod is to set up an FTP connection and delete it from the server's file structure (apparently the server launcher adds mods, but does not have a way to delete them from the console)

One last thing, even though I backed up the world before starting down the path of enabling the mods, I was not able to successfully reset the server to the latest version. So any work that was completed may be undone (looking at maybe an hour or two worth of work.) I will leave this up to the group but I would recommend either resetting the world and trying again (with 50% less brontos this time) or we can continue on. Either way, it's been a fun trying to get this server going for you guys and I think we are on the right path. @Iguanidon I'll fill you in on the details and have some instructions outlined for you on how to help install and remove mods. I would like to thank @Brownstreaks for staying up with me as long as he could to help with research as he has provided me with several articles helping with the server configuration. Please provide any and all feedback as I'll be monitoring this thread at work (in about 7 hours lol) In the mean time, please feel free to kill as many dinos as you can.

GhstOps6

Edit:

One other thing. With the addition of the mods and the way the world loads on this server, It will take approximately a half hour to complete the server load. I've tried my best to prioritize the mods, but it looks like this is more of an optimization issue as @Brownstreaks pointed out some servers may take up to a few hours to load with 15 - 20 mods installed, so we'll need to not only be judicial on mods, but also determine how often we want to restart the server and when. Otherwise, we'll all be chilling for a half hour trying to entertain ourselves.
So any thoughts on the current server setup? We have a long way to go but getting the mods going was the first major hurdle.

Ok so I tried to run the game and set my screen settings to "Full screen" but that is not working, I need "Windowed Full screen", anyone know where the config file is that I need to delete to put it back to default? Cant seem to find it and don't want to delete the wrong one.

Ok so I tried to run the game and set my screen settings to "Full screen" but that is not working, I need "Windowed Full screen", anyone know where the config file is that I need to delete to put it back to default? Cant seem to find it and don't want to delete the wrong one.

At the load in screen hit Esc and go to options

Server settings are still off, Dino count is perfect now but we lost the inventory stacking mod and the resource gathering mod.

Sure is hard to join our server. It says that it is downloading the mods in the bottom right, but it seems to be taking forever. Are they really that big to download in order to join our server?

Sorry my son had to go to emergency room for an allergic reaction. My connection speed is 57 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload.

Back