Ark

Samo the mods are kind of big but once they are downloaded you have them forever, like Herpes. I had a lot of issues DL'ing mods and patches yesterday, for whatever reason installing them all corrupted them and our server wouldn't communicate with my machine. I eventually restarted my machine and that seems to have fixed it. You should verify your file integrity before you launch the game, I always have 3 corrupted files. When you verify it automatically repairs the files. Takes about 3-4 minutes. Right click on ARK in your Steam library, click on properties, local files, verify game cache.

As i discussed with soulzz, NFO does not publicly advertise they have ark but can install it for us if we request it. GTX seems to be ok however i understand the panel can be really slow. Looks like we'll be making a move again purchasing a new box which means we have room to bring back squad too.

Some people are willing to pitch in more for the time being for the box which will help.

To follow up with @FAST 's announcement regarding server moves, I'll be in the process of testing on a spare computer the feasibility of moving our current world over to the new dedicated box once everything is lined up with NFO. The main issue is the size of the world as it will be at most 1GB or more. This includes any incremental saves and backups. Along with this setup, we are also backing up the game and GUS.ini settings as these are the items we will be needing to maintain the settings on the new sever. Hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday I will have some good news regarding moving worlds, that way we won't have to go back and wipe again.

On top of that, we're looking into a few mods that allow for structures to decay if the tribesmen or owner does not log on in a set amount of time. This is to ensure two things:
1. This will reduce clutter on the server and help with the server performance
2. As ORP (Offline Raid Protection) will prevent demolition of the structures by other players, we can ensure, with the mod, spaces can be opened up for new players.
The server for the most part is tweaked just about right with the exception of the PVP setting (still working on that and should have that going by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.) Once we have everything tweaked, we'll make sure to post the change log of what I've done and the list of mods currently used. If any one has any questions or concerns, please PM myself or if I'm on TeamSpeak, just stop by for a chat. We'll also see about posting a steam page for the server with all the mods and changes enabled for advertising. I'll get with @FAST and @Soulzz on how we go about that change.

Otherwise, have at it as I've got some errands to run.

GhstOps6

bought the box, should be in by the end of the week @Soulzz you will need to kick start the squad server again and add the server configs back up when it comes.

Is there a multiplier to the breeding? I've been reading up on it. I think I may try it out.

Server is back up and running. I've updated the script to include enabled PvP so please someone test that out for me (With the opposing player's consent first! Don't want to kill anyone off while they are offline.) Looks like there was a new sever version that is out so i'll need to make sure the mods and the sever are current. Otherwise we are back up.

Not to be unappreciative but could you check and see if anyone is on before shutting it down so we can get our affairs in order? I'm playing unreasonable hours these days...

I checked the console and showed no players on at 0740 CST. That's when I initiated the shut down and restart for the server. I was back up by 0810. I'm looking at what would be a best time and also how often we want to restart the server.

Assuming this server transfer is completed soon, we should have good hardware that will reduce the downtime and frequency of the restarts.

I thought you brought them down at 5am, disregard good sir.

No worries. It was originally the plan by since no one was on when I got up this morning I jumped at the chance. We'll need to put up a sticky on server restart times and what not to make sure everyone is aware.

Not sure why the server was offline around 5 or so in the morning... I was surprised to see that myself

Server is back up and running. I've updated the script to include enabled PvP so please someone test that out for me (With the opposing player's consent first! Don't want to kill anyone off while they are offline.) Looks like there was a new sever version that is out so i'll need to make sure the mods and the sever are current. Otherwise we are back up.

Pvp is not enabled. Everything else is business as usual.

DAMN. IT.

I'll take a look. The changes should have been implemented but not sure why it's not going. Bah.

I brought the server down at 7pm to apply the necessary changes to enable PvP. As of 7:30pm Eastern, PvP was enabled and confirmed to be active. Please take precautions to protect your gear.

@Ghstops6 we'll have to get together and I'll show you how to enable it.

Last edited:
So let me know as soon as it's ready. PM me the details on accessing and managing the server as I want to test load the world from our current sever before going live.

Can the dino spawn be turned down? It is insane the amount of dinos that are spawned in right now. I even saw a carno spawned in the south, a freshly started player cant do anything against one of those.

Back