Ark

The dino spawn looked okay last night along the coast. Granted it was mostly dodo, trike, and the usual coastal crew, but my trike tore through about 5 of them at once. I think I'd rather have a little density than faster spawns... but larger packs would mean you'd need a lot more prep before going into a fight.

We are going to have to start getting actual bases set up pretty soon. Now that the server is dialed in we will want to be set up when the server is moved over to the new box and provider. I'm going to set up by Bama, if anyone needs it I'm setting up a metal mine in the volcano. Steel building with a forge, storage and a smitty. You can mine tons of metal and there are no dinos in the caldera. Bama and I are going to collect a couple of Quetzals tomorrow as well, they can fly a ton of weight and pick up most creatures for Megalodon feeding. Brown and I got one today but it suffered a painful glitch death.

Got the box, ark server files will be accessible tonight most likely since still isn't available to the public using NFO. I have to get it from them.

Let me know. Send me the info via PM and we'll start testing the world transfer and migrate the settings. Sooner the better. I'll post something up tonight regarding downtime

The Engram points per level are not set very good, maybe even below default levels. Leveled from 70 - 71 and then 71-72 and got 80 engram points total for those 2 levels. At these rates/per level you can learn maybe 1-2 engram skills, pretty crappy when some of the items cost between 50 -85 points.

Set a lot higher than default. It can be adjusted

All engrams in total cost 5091 plus the mod engram cost. Engram points on default mode, you can only learn 2464 engram points at a max player lvl of 94. I had suggested that you make all engrams/points available or add 100 points per level, so you can learn everything available per level and in the entire game including the mod engrams. Also being that the max player lvl is 110 those additional engrams that arent used could be reserved for additional game patches or mods. That way you guys dont have to adjust the engram point settings every time something is added.

Looking forward to it. If everything is setup and we have access to the console, I'll start taking the other server offline to download and transfer the settings and the world.

squad is online now. Ark seems to be having issue installing on the box. I've notified the provider.

Install is stalling, it won't finish. CEO is going to respond probably in the next few hours.

The server is up and running but the dino spawns are way to high IMO. There is nowhere to build a decent base in the south that isnt just full of top end predators to deal with.

The server is up and running but the dino spawns are way to high IMO. There is nowhere to build a decent base in the south that isnt just full of top end predators to deal with.

Yes thats in your opinion. The spawns are fine the server is set for to be hard (120 lvl max wild dinos). Lowering that setting will make the server too easy. Plenty of spots to build.

Its not the level of the dinos its the amount. All over the south spawns there are massive amounts of carnivores to deal with and not just dilos. When I first joined I was killed within the first few minutes the first 4 times I spawned. Up north it should be game on but down in the south were new people spawn should be somewhat easy to build a base and get your leveling going . I assume that the early boost wont last forever and we would want to attract new players to the server.

We just got this server on the dedicated box, we need to re-configure it.

We just got this server on the dedicated box, we need to re-configure it.

You mean I have to reconfigure it. I've been waiting for updates and I know we have some major issues like @F1tzwell with the dino amounts and the engram points being very low/non-existent. Until this server is ready for me to access, I cannot make the changes needed to keep us going.

You mean I have to reconfigure it. I've been waiting for updates and I know we have some major issues like @F1tzwell with the dino amounts and the engram points being very low/non-existent. Until this server is ready for me to access, I cannot make the changes needed to keep us going.
We = team effort. I'm on TS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Currently have the new sever offline while i transfer files from the current sever to the new one.

The GTX Gaming server is taking forever to transfer the files over for the mods. Currently working on getting the world moved over. For that I'll be bringing down the current server in the morning to institute the download. Will update as progress continues.

Back