Requesting BF4 servers be either US v US or Rus/China vs Rus/China

IgnoreMyName

Depending on the map (and dlc) one team can get an instant advantage over the other depending on what country they're fighting for. If 32 players were cloned and put on opposing teams, being on the Rus/China team on Golmund would give the advantage to them whereas being on the US team on Hainan Resort would give the advantage to them.

Comparison of Little Bird vs Z11. The bird can take a significantly harder beating between bumping into rocks, trees, buildings, and landing. The long tail on the Z11 prevents it from being as agile as the Little Bird so whenever one is trying to manevuer it through tight spaces whether to engage or disengage, the bird has a significantly easier time doing so whereas with the Z11, it can be a death sentence. If if you do bump the environment with the bird, it's less likely to take a critical hit, especially with its shorter tail which can spells disaster for the Z11.

Comparison of US and Chinese attack boats. In this particular case, the Chinese and Russian attack boats edge out not only because gunners on those boats have a wider angle to shoot in, the white box on the back of the Chinese and Russian boats also makes them easier to repair than their US counterpart. Especially on maps where the waves are really going.

For tanks, the advantage again goes to Rus/China. The Rus/Chinese tanks have better angles (not that big of a deal tbh) and significantly faster acceleration. This is especially evident on maps with hills and rocks to climb over as the Rus/Chinese tanks are less likely to spin out like their US counterpart. Additionally, the behind of the Abrams is slightly bigger as well making for easier critical hits from behind.

For attack helis, the advantage without a second thought goes to the Viper. The US attack heli is not only faster, smaller in size (like Bird and Z11 comparison), but also far more nimble and able to turn much quicker. It is much easier to land hits not only with tows and rocket pods but also by infantry shooting smaws and rpgs. While the Z10 shares a similar size and shape, the Viper still edges it out in speed and mobility.

I can't speak for other vehicles as these are the ones I mainly use but I hope this is enough to warrant a discussion and maybe even a change. I do know most find Rus/Chinese jets to be superior to US' and while one may think that having different factions be advantageous with different vehicles is good and balanced, it makes any game dependent on who the dominating player is. Even though the US team may get the Little Bird and Viper, if the dominating player knows how to fly a jet well, the advantage goes to his/her team. I play mostly on the Naval Strike and Second Assault dlc servers and I always prefer being on a losing US side than a winning Rus/China as the attack heli and scout are better to use.

ew. as a jet whore i really hate the changes. On the bf3 maps it feels horrible, played for 5 mins and quit, bunch of ppl complaining in chat.

ew. as a jet whore i really hate the changes. On the bf3 maps it feels horrible, played for 5 mins and quit, bunch of ppl complaining in chat.
I don't think you've flown jets long enough to consider your self a jet whore--if you did, you would know the vast differences that are present for the various jets. This video explains it more:

Here is more evidence to add to add to your bias comment:
  • J-20: 1,922 kills
  • SU-50: 8,135 kills
  • F35: 24,413 kills
These are your stats, it seems to me you favor the f35 over any jet, and would go so far to switch to US team so that you don't fly the j-20. I wonder why every jet pilot in bf4 has more kills in the f35 than any other jet... I would like to say you don't like the changes as it disturbs with your f35 farming against the j20. These changes are essential for keeping an even match on a server like silk road and the only players who would complain against it are farmers.

i prefaced my comment by stating that i like to fly jets. Of course i like the f 35 better. in the bf3 maps server we dont have the J 20 (unitl the changes) so that is a moot point. U seem upset.

i prefaced my comment by stating that i like to fly jets. Of course i like the f 35 better. in the bf3 maps server we dont have the J 20 (unitl the changes) so that is a moot point. U seem upset.
I guess you should learn how to fly against a fair opponent then.

I made changes to Second assault and silk road. If there is too much negative feedback, im switching it back.
I appreciate ya'll looking into the matter. Have ya'll explain in chat or server description about the faction changes or no?

I played on a server where it has all the vanilla maps US v US and imo, makes it a far better match. Even Rus v Rus would've been nice but still, makes the game more balanced in that regard. I hope the change sticks but if people don't like the change, then it is what it is. Health of the servers over balance ;)

I appreciate ya'll looking into the matter. Have ya'll explain in chat or server description about the faction changes or no?

I played on a server where it has all the vanilla maps US v US and imo, makes it a far better match. Even Rus v Rus would've been nice but still, makes the game more balanced in that regard. I hope the change sticks but if people don't like the change, then it is what it is. Health of the servers over balance ;)
I agree, even CN vs RU is much more balanced and then they changed it back to CN vs US again... I really saw more balanced games

Back