Post your setup!!!

002-5.jpg

It's an i7 2.6 overclocked a little to 3.1, Corsair H70 hydro cooler, Corsair 850 power supply (not sure which model now), ATI HD5770 crossfired, 8 gigs Kingston HyperX 1600 memory, 5 fans keeping everything nice and cool.

It's an i7 2.6 overclocked a little to 3.1, Corsair H70 hydro cooler, Corsair 850 power supply (not sure which model now), ATI HD5770 crossfired, 8 gigs Kingston HyperX 1600 memory, 5 fans keeping everything nice and cool.

Nice looking rig but did you ever think of going with water cooling as opposed to fans? Only reason I ask it it's got to sound like a jet taking off with all those fans running, I can only imagine it's a bit noisy with 5 cooling fans running not to mention the CPU & graphic card fans. :)

I don't have any photos of my current setup but my brother should be bringing my camera back tonight or tomorrow, so I will post a photo & details then.

It may not be flashy or the coolest looking setup in the world but under the hood it has more than enough horse power for what I do.

I have pretty much the exact same setup in the master bedroom with an HP Mini 210 series net book. The only difference is that one has an HP 27" HD Widescreen Monitor with a Radeon HD 5770 graphics card and no Saitek flight controller.

Notice the bottom corner of the window? Let that be a warning not to leave the window open when it's raining too hard. I tried to fix it but as you can see it didn't come out too well so I have someone coming next week to fix it right.

HP Desktop Specs.
AMD Phenom II 1100T Black Edition Six Core Processor @ 3.30GHz
Corsair Dominator PC10666 RAM - 12GB
ATI Radeon HD 5850 Graphics Card
Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply
OCZ VERTEX 2 PRO SERIES SATA II 120GB SSD
2-Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB Hard Drive
Blu-ray player, Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
15-in-1 memory card reader
HP 1TB External Hard Drive
HP 4500 All In One Wireless Printer
Saitek X52 Flight Controller

Pavilion dv6t Notebook Specs.
Intel i7-970 3.2GHz
12GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
160GB SD Drive- Primary drive
1TB 7200 rpm SATA- Secondary drive

PIC_0005.jpg

PIC_0003.jpg

Is that white lighting on the table? And if not who drinks water out of a mason jar?

Is that white lighting on the table? And if not who drinks water out of a mason jar?

Sorry it's only a glass of Sprite you don't put ice in white lighting. lol Don't make fun of my Mason jar glasses, I love those damn things. I have 3 different sizes sets for different beverages including a set with handles that I keep frosted for an occasional Sam Adams Boston Lager when the mood strikes me. :)

lmao. never thought of drinking out of mason jars lol. they always seem like the best place to put jelly.

<hr style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" size="1"> lmao. never thought of drinking out of mason jars lol. they always seem like the best place to put jelly.

I like to use the 32oz plastic mugs from bars or MOE's, etc.

I installed the a water kit in a box today; the Antec Kuhler h20 620.
So far the temps for idle and load are the same as the air cooler I had, Megahalems, but my case temps dropped 5c as well as the N and S bridge temps which are 3 and 5c less now than they were.

It took about 20 minutes to install and get configured the way I wanted but not a pain in the ass.

The goal was to make things cooler with the summer coming up and so far I like that the system's producing less heat. Idle temps 28C and load 56C on the cpu, but not nearly as much hot air is blowing around this room and my office is actually 4F cooler now-mission accomplished :) Oh, and just for Renno, I added my SSD docking bay so you won't see a naked main drive now.

5562139412_93ca71f0a6_b.jpg

5562142144_a30c76cfa3_b.jpg

5561567811_79dd778018_b.jpg

5561570539_e567febab7_b.jpg

I guess I show you my goodies
<script src='http://img824.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=112110268.jpg' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>
<script src='http://img21.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=112110271.jpg' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>
<script src='http://img193.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=112110257.jpg' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>
<script src='http://img824.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=112110256.jpg' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Looks nice guy's. Water does help lower the inside temp's of the case. How do you like it Sixer?

Well i guess i can show you mine

Xclio A380 256 colour case (2x250mm fans, 2x200mm top fans, 1x120mm rear fan)
Gibabyte UD3 MOBO 12 total usb ports, 2 of which are 3.0 and 2 sata 3 ports
i7-920 stock speeds
corsair h-50 cooler
1tb hdd
320gb hdd
sapphire hd 5770 gfx (will upgrade to 6990 for bf3 methinks)
tv tuner and wireless card
razer lachesis mouse, with destructor mousepad
saitek AV8R-01 joystick
logitech G-13 game pad
microsoft multimedia keyboard
24.6" hanns-g 1080p monitor
sennheiser pc-350 headset

picture.php

picture.php

the lights are in the front, side and top fans, and can rotate, or be set to any of 256 colours, the motherboard if a full board, so you can tell it is a huge case, it only lacks in some depth(hence the fan mounted outside) and it needs more cable management

That's a great looking case. I've looked at those and the only thing lacking in them is the cable management which is a shame since they have such great airflow and size.

That's a great looking case. I've looked at those and the only thing lacking in them is the cable management which is a shame since they have such great airflow and size.

I've built in an XClio Windtunnel and was impressed by the size and airflow. Cable management is possible so long as you don't expect to hide everything. Most of the time, binding cables together is enough. As for SATA power cables, you can buy easy connectors and remove the cable bindings and make a nice optimal chain. I've been considering ordering some for myself and doing connectors for my main.

i forgot to add, it is a 750w psu and it is not modular, so that is why there are a few extra cables in there

Wow alot of people with water kits. You guy's should try a push pull system on the radiator. It's easy to do and work's great. Lower water temp. It did make me loud but with 3 180mm and 2 120mm fan's I should have seen that one comming. I did the same set up for my brother but he bought 2 120mm Emerax fans. He is like hush quiet. Blew my mind. Now I have to do fan research :( Here's the 4 pack.....

http://
DSCN1144.jpg

I haven't seen much advantages of push/pull; if you size your radiator correctly for your loop your only talking a few degrees. I like water cooling because it's quiet;

Back