Our Karkand IO Server

Dirty-Lex

Admin
Admin
My fellow members, HA's and Regulars,

I would like to get a general consensus and community wide feedback on our Karkand server.

We try to provide the best possible Battlefield experience to all of our players, and members. Most importantly I want to take this opportunity to gather not only TBG input on our servers, but hear the voices of the people who enjoy playing there: our players, our regulars: the people who make our servers what they are.

Now I have a few suggestions for our karkand server, please tell me what you the player think. I want to try to mitigate the nade spamming and players taking advantage of the FF off by relying on grenades rather than the ability to shoot people.

If TBG adjusted our FF=Off to FF=On would you consider that a positive change to the server, or a negative change? do you think that would attract more people, or cause more grief?

The second thing is: what do you think we could improve upon in our Karkand IO to make it a more enjoyable place to play?

Please... Discuss! :)

Lex

grenades-1.png

The picture sums it up. p:

I'm indifferent as far as friendly fire goes. Turning it on would possibly reduce nade spam, and claymores everywhere. But I also know thats part of Karkand, and some people might not like it if that was removed. I for one hate it when allies hit my claymores....

But you are right in saying so many people just nade spam rather than rely on shooting people....

Perhaps trying a trial period with FF on might help with decisions?

I wish there was some way to remove the bots since they can cause uneven teams, but I know you all have already gone over that before.

Otherwise, I've always enjoyed the server.

with ff on you get more teamkills and more griefers, it won't really stop nade spamming.

FF= off, nade spaming is what makes karkland such a great map... doesnt matter ff on or ff off, i know ill be throwing all my gernades.. and i know the rest of players will do the same, only differnce is now, i get to curese out the ass hole that tk'd me.

people come in all the time saying what a great server it is.... KARKAND is a nade spam map always has always will be, FF wont change that. If it stays populated dont fuck with it. Just my 2 cents

just a quick suggestion,ff i would prefer off,but also you guys need admins i do play there soemtimes,and theres rule breakers everywhere,but i mean,even though to even the teams,and keep that server more in control.

just a quick suggestion,ff i would prefer off,but also you guys need admins i do play there soemtimes,and theres rule breakers everywhere,but i mean,even though to even the teams,and keep that server more in control.

don't hesistate to make a chatbox post, forum post or get someone in TS. They can gladly help you. Most of our admins are in all maps but they can lend you hand if you need it.

There is one german karkand only server.they have two rules:no baseraping and NO NADES:D This server is always full and there are no rulebreakers.

There is one german karkand only server.they have two rules:no baseraping and NO NADES:D This server is always full and there are no rulebreakers.

no nades? and 64? I doubt that. Karkand meant to have nades in there. And take up our time administrating. Thats something i am personally not interested.

I may bitch about the nades and the camping at the two forward USMC spawns, but I am fine with it as is. I play there about 1/3 the time I do on All Maps. Mostly to work on sniping or for medic/support time. I never camp the front spawns if I am MEC, but loads do. I just wait for them to come to me. It is frequently crowded and the roofers have been reduced, which is good.

I have seen a lot of servers attempt to restrict nades over the years, but none successfully :-(

FF On would help out a lot, also the only problem and I know you guys aren't robots, but I rarely see any admins on your servers. Would be nice if there was a presence and you won't be able to deal with the nade spam without admins :)

Just my .02 and I'm not trying to offend anybody

you can find most in all maps. Shockwave usually is on karkand but has been away recently. You can report anything on our website, we are pretty quick with this.

minimizing nades on bf2 wouldn't matter imho. you can't even minimize it to a min of 3 nades (like you said earlier) with FF on, I think it's better because, A LOT of players tend to teamkill for no reason causing more grief. I think karkand I/O should stay the same as it is already or we might end up losing a lot of players if FF goes on. Now on the other hand, I know this isn't the right thread to bring it up but, I think we need some map changes on "all maps" the reason why I think this is players get bored of playing the same maps over n over n over again. So, I'd ask the higher admins that are above me to switch out a few maps on our other server. that would bring more players onto the all maps server. That's all I can think out of honesty to be the truth. I just put in my suggestion n hope everything goes well.

TBG represent
-darksteppa =)

all maps runs all maps. It has some of the same maps here and there but it runs all of them

all maps runs all maps. It has some of the same maps here and there but it runs all of them

Would we be able to swap out Fushe Pass for Pearl Harbor or whatever the name of that map is? just curious! don't have to do it but I think change of scenery is always nice. up to you guys though. not me. lol.

Would we be able to swap out Fushe Pass for Pearl Harbor or whatever the name of that map is? just curious! don't have to do it but I think change of scenery is always nice. up to you guys though. not me. lol.

Are you talking about Operaton Blue Pearl?

we had blue pearl a longtime ago and that was the only we had to take out. Every other map is on it.

Back