I have a request for a mod/server admin

mrcojocaru

Hello. I'm not super active on this forum, but I am on your bf4 tdm server. It's an awesome server and I spend a lot of time on it. There's one thing that plagues it, though.. cheaters. I appreciate that you can report them here, but by the time action is taken, your night usually has gone to shit. People come on and just farm hundreds of kills, ruining it for everyone. Because of that, I feel like a votekick would be a godsend for that server. Would it be something difficult to implement? I know bf4 is an old game, but there are those of us that love it and I believe that the people in the server are good and will police it well.

I admit that there may be reasons for not having a votekick enabled that I am not aware of, but I am confident that it would be more of an asset than a detriment to the server.

Thanks for your time!

That may be true, but the servers are regularly abused by hackers. In my experience in other servers, it's generally hackers or very toxic people who get votekicked.

Might look into a votekick option for that server only due to lack of admins but ultimately, reporting here can be the best approach as we do not need to be in game to remove a cheater

If you did, you'd make a lot of players very happy! That single server seems to have it the worst, and it's my favorite.

I agree that reporting is the best option, but sometimes it can take a couple days for the player to get banned, and by then or soon after there's already another hacker, so it feels like a frustrating game of whack-a-mole. Either way, thanks for for taking the time to read and respond.

If you did, you'd make a lot of players very happy! That single server seems to have it the worst, and it's my favorite.

I agree that reporting is the best option, but sometimes it can take a couple days for the player to get banned, and by then or soon after there's already another hacker, so it feels like a frustrating game of whack-a-mole. Either way, thanks for for taking the time to read and respond.
Get evidence like video or pics. The more people who report and send in info will help to catch cheaters. Evidence is what the admins like to see.

i under stand the vid's and the evidence and reporting in the forums but its not a quick fix coz really no admion is just waiting to read reports of fishy players but the bf3 vote kick works but it takes FOREVER for that person to get removed after we get the votes and of your BF4 sever gets it the kick has to be quick coz if its not that hacker will keep playing until the next map and next until the vote kick kicks in..but that what ive noticed with the vote kick

Get evidence like video or pics. The more people who report and send in info will help to catch cheaters. Evidence is what the admins like to see.

When I encounter one, this is what I generally do. It's not usually the issue, though. It's that you guys are busy, understandably, and it will take a 1-3 days for action to be taken. I encourage other people to report, but they don't even believe that it works. Most of the people in the server will just leave.

The other option is to join and be an admin.

I dont think that will happen. Most of the admins know that a vote kick option is abused more than what it is intended for. Unless the upper admins have a change of heart, I dont think that it will ever happen. Its too easy to gang up on players who are good.

The best option is to record a video and send it in. We do watch the videos along with looking at detailed stats and chat logs. When we find a cheater we ban and send the evidence into bf4db etc. The hard part for admins is getting the evidence. No evidence, no actions can be taken on our part or globally on Battlefield.

I have to agree with @Gojoz on this one. Too many people struggle to see the difference between a hacker and someone who is a high tier player. @pinchylillobster wouldn't be allowed on our servers if it were up to a majority of the community, but some players are just that good.

Most of the players I encounter, automatically call hacks on anyone who gets more than 60 kills, they simply don't understand that there are really good players out there, that like vehicles like militarydan and Santa

Santa's noth'n good player but eaa. what about me though Altersdacer ;)

You guys have good arguments. I do well enough that a rando will say that I'm hacking sometimes, but I've never been vote kicked before on any server. I have been unjustly kicked by an admin when I used to play bf3 and that soured me.. I wouldn't want that for anyone.

I guess I've never considered to try and be an admin, but the idea does appeal to me. The Battlefield franchise had been my main go to since Bad Company 2, though I haven't played the newer games a whole lot.

The only problem is that I don't play a ton, so I wouldn't be able to help all the time. I'd be happy to take it up when I do play and also help with reported players when I have time throughout the day.

I feel like I'm pretty good at spotting a hacker for the most part while I'm in game, even differentiate between them and elite players.

If you guys want to look me up, my BF SN is VaIarMorghu1is (the first L is actually a capital i). I used to go by iRainMak3r on bf3 and bc2 (though I'm not 100% on that one).

What's the process like and what are the responsibilities/required tasks?

Oh, I've been tagged. That's neat.

In my experience vote kick options cause more harm than good. Here is a pretty common exchange I experience a few times a week

Player: Pinchy is hacking
Player: !votekick pinchylillobster aimbot/damage hacks/esp
Player: wtf this server doesn't let you votekick hackers?
Me: No but this server does have spectator. You're welcome to report me via the forums/BF4DB. Make sure you have some evidence besides "He killed me too much"
-Player swaps to spectator-
Player: He's totally hacking. Knows where everyone is and always headshots them
Me: So report me with that evidence and I'll get banned.

To this day I've yet to be reported or banned, but if the votekick option existed? I would have been gone long ago. Mob mentality is real strong in that regard. I'm glad TBG handles each ban instead of leaving it up to the players. It's why I've played here for years and hope I'm fortunate enough to continue doing so.

Applying to be an admin seems to be the best way to handle this issue. That seems to be the right fix for you. Personally I've never been a fan of big clans so I just throw BF4DB a few bucks a month to expedite my reports of suspicious players.

As always, keep up the good work guys/gals. Love your servers :)

Last edited:
Back