DOD Payday $

Zappypants

Just a heads up, because I know there are several active duty folks like myself (and retirees) in the clan, not sure about GS slots and contractors. The government fuckuppery pay snafu is on the front page of DFAS:

DFAS -- HOME

Several of us at work checked our LES and are missing 1/2 our paycheck for the 15th. Not sure how it'll affect Guard/Reserve/Retirees. Was told by Group CC that AAFES will be open, but not the commisary and other things, who knows. Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there.

Hope everyone is doing well, good to see the clan running strong!

Update:

Due to the potential shutdown of the federal government, we have "taken down" all Leave and Earnings Statements (LESes) or "Advice of Pays" for Active Duty Military and Reservists. We will re-post LESes when we receive more information on the shutdown or enacted legislation that authorizes pay beyond April 8

All military will get paid on April 15.

If a CRA or appropriation is not passed before April 15, military members will be paid on April 15 for the period of April 1-8, approximately one half their normal mid month pay.

If a CRA or appropriation is passed by Tuesday, April 12, military members will receive their full pay for duty served from April 1-15 on April 15.

If a CRA or appropriation is not until after April 12, DFAS will pay military members for the period of April 9-15 within 3 days of an appropriation or CRA being passed.

The shutdown will not affect payments to retirees or annuitants because they are not paid from CRA appropriations.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to a little vacation. But yesterday I was told I was "essential" so there goes that idea.

I wonder if congress will continue to receive their pay? As per usual, they probably exempted themselves.

Sweet just in time to fuck up my taxes........

This kind of shit disgusts me dude, how pathetic do we look to the world, where we, the most powerful and influential nation on the planet has to shut down our federal fucking government because we can't balance a check book.

and whats up with the whole planned parant hood bullshit? Bitches stop fuckin' for 1 week, put and out to lunch sign on the bitch and lets call it an early weekend.

@Mac Of course they did how could they fund their expensive wine and cheese gatherings and vacations utilizing Airforce.

I just heard from some of my coworkers that they only received half of their pay. But on the bright side at least my shit is fine. They better realize that playing with my money is like playing with my emotions.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JWUGgcjihFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The most amazing thing about all of this, to me, is....Congress didn't get an email Wednesday saying "Oh hell, we have to have a budget by midnight Friday!" And Lex, you're right, how embarrassing is it for the U.S. Government to be so incompetent as to not even have a budget? Really? Really? Going to shut up now, this is just amazing to me.

I'm speechless.

2012. God help us all.

The most amazing thing about all of this, to me, is....Congress didn't get an email Wednesday saying "Oh hell, we have to have a budget by midnight Friday!" And Lex, you're right, how embarrassing is it for the U.S. Government to be so incompetent as to not even have a budget? Really? Really? Going to shut up now, this is just amazing to me.
we are good now they passed the budget! :)

I bet a lot of people are breathing a sigh of relief this morning and while it's easy for me to say this now, there was never really any doubt in my mind that the government was going to shut down again. This was nothing more than a childish game of political chicken but when it came right down to it neither party was going to let this happen again and suffer the backlash after the 1995 debacle. One major difference between present day and 1995 is we currently have troops deployed in active combat operations and if these folks didn't get paid and their families suffered as a result, it would be a major public relations nightmare for both parties

Back