BF3 anti-cheat measures?

Zappypants

Yes, the tank footage, frosbite engine prowess, singleplayer videos, etc. are all fine and dandy. Has anyone read if there will be 1st person spectate? New anti-cheat measures? I realize not alot of MP information has come out, but please dear Flying Spaghetti Monster, let there be something better than what we have now. It boggles my mind how some of these guys have over 1000hrs in this game that are obviously 'botting (esp/no fog seem to be gaining popularity imo). Sorry for the rant :)

I really really hope spectate is available.

p.s. Six (or anybody else, but I remember Six mentioning it), do you still use Playclaw, and do you still like it over FRAPS or Xfire for recording? Thanks!

I likez Playclaw over Fraps. I recorded my Gunship video entirely with playclaw, I think its better in turns of not lagging.

And the best way to beat hackers is....NOT PLAY THE GAME!!!!
Seriously though, EA really doesn't care about that stuff. They leave it to server admins and PB to deal with it. Even directly reporting to EA does not always fix it.

p.s. Six (or anybody else, but I remember Six mentioning it), do you still use Playclaw, and do you still like it over FRAPS or Xfire for recording? Thanks!

Yeah, still use it and haven't used Fraps since I got it either. You can assign how many cores of your cpu are dedicated to capturing video which gets rid of the lag when recording.

You're right, I haven't read anything concerning anti-cheat measurements... but I'd be willing to bet they've learned from the mistakes of several other developers lately. As long as it's though PB (valve sucks azz), we have dedi server files, and mod tools, and... I'm good! :)

Well, you don't have mod tools :(. They've already confirmed this. Which is one of the reasons I'm hesitant.

ITS HACKER CITY FOR ALL!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

*Note sarcasm*

Maybe they have some new secret anti-cheat program...

I know PB isn't the best, but if it has that, I think it is at least better than nothing, or what Value has which is about the same as nothing. That is why Admins play such a large roll in a successful server.

If battlefield 3 goes with valve anti cheat, Evenbalance will go out of business. But you can ping to pbs master server for bf3 already so its safe to assume they are with them.

Valve blows, plain and simple. I was extremely disappointed that the COD series went to Valve... well disappointed with a lot of things they did, but especially that. If BF3 went to valve, I'd... I'd... I'd... well I'd prolly still play it, but I wouldn't be happy about it :p Yeah if they're pinging to it already, then safe it to assume we're gonna be happy killers come September.

Slighly related note, is TBG going to have a beta server up and running?

during a interview with one of the makers, they asked them if bf3 will have a anti cheat system, and he said "yes of course punk buster", then quickly said "we cant go into details yet"

And maybe the sun shines out of my ass every morning.

But it does....

during a interview with one of the makers, they asked them if bf3 will have a anti cheat system, and he said "yes of course punk buster", then quickly said "we cant go into details yet"

Can't trust em. So many times on stream they went back on stuff, it was ridiculous.

VAC with COD is terrible, agreed. We haven't seen a PC game with great VAC implementation.. yet.

That's why I pray that spectate is available. While no cheat protection is 100%, it'd be nice to be able to record snapping, etc. I think that, coupled with PB and the knowledge of the clan in knowing what to look for would certainly help. Like this douchebag, who at one point had above a 31 to 1 k/d. 12yearOldBoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Stats Verse That's one of the reasons I asked about Playclaw...just preparing for the inevitable idiots that we'll have to chase around and record once BF3 comes out in case spectate isn't available.

Back