BF1 update

Questions without answers so far:

1) Will there be some form of RCON communication that we can use?
2) Will there be ability to kill, kick or ban players?
3) Will we have reserved slots?
4) Will there be customization levels for weapons? Assuming by the screenshots I’m guessing yes but confirmation would be nice.
Examples: Pistols Only, No Explosives, Infantry Only, Fast Vehicle Respawn.
5) Can we swap maps at will, or are we limited to adjusting the map rotation only?
6) Can we restart game rounds at will?
7) Do we have access to admin yell / say commands?
8) What game mode limitations will be present?
9) Will there by ping limits or region locking?
10) Will we be put in “unranked” if we choose to customize the server with the items in question 4?
11) What will determine ranked v. unranked?
12) Will we have the ability to rent private passworded servers?
13) Will the game modes be locked to specific player counts? Like how rush is limited to 24 players now. Can we set rush to 64 players like conquest?
14) What type of hardware and connection will these servers be hosted on? Latest Xeon based? Multiple backbone providers?
15) What type of DDoS protection will be implemented against attacks?
16) Will server rentals be locked to East Coast, West Coast, Europe, Asia? Or will we have more options like we do with BF4? Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, Frankfurt, London, Tokyo etc.
17) What kind of level of support can we expect? What kind of turnaround times on support tickets can we expect to see? Will everyone have the same level of support?
18) Ability to report cheaters and griefers to the admins.
19.) If EA is hosting all the servers will we FINALLY have an effective way of reporting admins blatantly violating the EA ToU?
20.) If there is a way to ban players, will there be any limitations on such? And will there be any provisions for a central ban list of known cheaters?
21.) Custom messages when players get vanity kills with such weapons as knives, revive mechanic, flare gun etc.
22) In game balancing?
23) Language filters?
24) Punishment system (warn/kill/kick/tban/pban)?
25) Banlist across servers rented by clan/group?
26) Votemap / Votekick?
27) What will be the Cost of the server per slot?
28) Can you rent less than a 32 man server?
29) Will tick rates be configurable?
30) What type of presets will we have for those that want those options?
31) Will admins need to be in-game to use/monitor server activity of players playing? Monitor from outside server?
32) Will HARDCORE and/or CLASSIC modes be presets you can search for, or would these setups count as "CUSTOM"?
33) How will you deal with vanilla map server rotations INCLUDING the DLC maps for players WITHOUT DLC/PREMIUM?
34) What actual company/companies will be providing the servers to EA/DICE and can we choose where the server is located?
35) Is mixed mode possible?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...ng-the-battlefield-1-rental-server-program/p2

Face it...
All 35 of your questions can be summed into two questions.

1. Rcon/Procon or not? (Answer = no)
2. 3rd party hosting or not ? (Answer = no)

Either we play BF4 lockers for another 2 years while waiting for a video for BF5 or 2145 to come out...(both of which carry the uncertainty of having PROcon again)

OR-

We play a 64 player FPS game thats made for PC only...
that encourages mods via STEAM workshop and player run servers...
that has Beta (not Alpha) sign ups already with a release date of Q1 2017...

THE ANSWER LOOKS TO BE:

http://www.risingstorm2.com/

The details of their plans should have been released by now, but if they want to make more money and limit third party software that leads to a hacker's paradise that is fine by me. If they are making their own admin tool great, but we need to have the ability to control the server environment we pay for. They fucked up by not having this ready to go and releasing details, but until full details are released just relax. It didn't really say what is and is not included. I also see this as a move towards play anywhere; several xbox one games are coming out (with a couple released) that let you play the same game on console or pc depending on your mood. With that concept their move makes sense, but what we need to do is wait for the actual details.

Dont believe they will release admin tool. 99% sure it will be renting Official server directly from them and you cant admin the server only change server settings and brand it with your name.

I'm willing to bet on that too lol

Well I am definitely skeptical about how this is going to pan out, but I think we need to wait and see what it is exactly when it is released before we throw in the towel altogether. I think EA is a money grubbing whore, but none the less we don't know for sure what kind of control that will available to us just yet. We also don't know what this will cost in comparison to what the third party servers currently charge either. Let's wait and see, we have nothing to lose buy waiting. No need to get all worked up over this just yet. That's my 2 cents.

Back