BF1 update

Is it too late to pick up BF4? Was interested in getting BF1, but with this news, they can kma.

Where does it say we can't kick/ban people, maybe I missed it on the official page?

You can kick/ban/adjust ticket like on console i think, but third party tool like PROcon will not be available

Where does it say we can't kick/ban people, maybe I missed it on the official page?
That's the problem. They don't specify many things. You have to buy in order to find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You can kick/ban/adjust ticket like on console i think, but third party tool like PROcon will not be available

This I believe is what they've been trying to get to, to stop relying on plug-ins and to have a set of admin tools that can be used to perform the most popular tasks. Until we get those details, while it sounds like a bum deal, we still don't have all the info. If the only thing missing is clan prioritization from the server, but everything else is the same, big whoop. If we can do everything except set auto ban scripts for slurs etc, we are still in good shape!

Calm your tits people. More and more you all make Overwatch sound better and better. Hey at least hit detection works right there ;-)

Calm your tits people. More and more you all make Overwatch sound better and better. Hey at least hit detection works right there ;-)

You mean like road hogs chain through the wall AOE hit detection right? ;) shhh. every game has its flaws.

Let us talk about bf1 here. what happens will happen. it may even work out better than we expect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This I believe is what they've been trying to get to, to stop relying on plug-ins and to have a set of admin tools that can be used to perform the most popular tasks. Until we get those details, while it sounds like a bum deal, we still don't have all the info. If the only thing missing is clan prioritization from the server, but everything else is the same, big whoop. If we can do everything except set auto ban scripts for slurs etc, we are still in good shape!

The difference is speculation versus fact. I don't recall ever seeing the there would be kick/ban.

No hard info yet no but we don't have all the hard info on how the servers will be managed and run right and what the console tools will or won't allow. Like I said this isn't the perfect peach we want but it's not spoiled beyond repair yet either.

No hard info yet no but we don't have all the hard info on how the servers will be managed and run right and what the console tools will or won't allow. Like I said this isn't the perfect peach we want but it's not spoiled beyond repair yet either.
Can't polish a turd.

What is the Rent a Server Program for Battlefield 1?

This will let you set up your own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.

How do I rent a server?
You will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1.
In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support.

When will I be able to rent servers?
You will be able to rent servers close after the launch of Battlefield 1. Stay tuned for a more exact date.

What customization options will the players have?
On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016 and beyond.

What does renting servers cost?
Rental server costs will vary depending on the length of your rental and whether you’re playing on PC or console. Stay tuned for exact pricing info.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program#latest

Questions without answers so far:

1) Will there be some form of RCON communication that we can use?
2) Will there be ability to kill, kick or ban players?
3) Will we have reserved slots?
4) Will there be customization levels for weapons? Assuming by the screenshots I’m guessing yes but confirmation would be nice.
Examples: Pistols Only, No Explosives, Infantry Only, Fast Vehicle Respawn.
5) Can we swap maps at will, or are we limited to adjusting the map rotation only?
6) Can we restart game rounds at will?
7) Do we have access to admin yell / say commands?
8) What game mode limitations will be present?
9) Will there by ping limits or region locking?
10) Will we be put in “unranked” if we choose to customize the server with the items in question 4?
11) What will determine ranked v. unranked?
12) Will we have the ability to rent private passworded servers?
13) Will the game modes be locked to specific player counts? Like how rush is limited to 24 players now. Can we set rush to 64 players like conquest?
14) What type of hardware and connection will these servers be hosted on? Latest Xeon based? Multiple backbone providers?
15) What type of DDoS protection will be implemented against attacks?
16) Will server rentals be locked to East Coast, West Coast, Europe, Asia? Or will we have more options like we do with BF4? Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, Frankfurt, London, Tokyo etc.
17) What kind of level of support can we expect? What kind of turnaround times on support tickets can we expect to see? Will everyone have the same level of support?
18) Ability to report cheaters and griefers to the admins.
19.) If EA is hosting all the servers will we FINALLY have an effective way of reporting admins blatantly violating the EA ToU?
20.) If there is a way to ban players, will there be any limitations on such? And will there be any provisions for a central ban list of known cheaters?
21.) Custom messages when players get vanity kills with such weapons as knives, revive mechanic, flare gun etc.
22) In game balancing?
23) Language filters?
24) Punishment system (warn/kill/kick/tban/pban)?
25) Banlist across servers rented by clan/group?
26) Votemap / Votekick?
27) What will be the Cost of the server per slot?
28) Can you rent less than a 32 man server?
29) Will tick rates be configurable?
30) What type of presets will we have for those that want those options?
31) Will admins need to be in-game to use/monitor server activity of players playing? Monitor from outside server?
32) Will HARDCORE and/or CLASSIC modes be presets you can search for, or would these setups count as "CUSTOM"?
33) How will you deal with vanilla map server rotations INCLUDING the DLC maps for players WITHOUT DLC/PREMIUM?
34) What actual company/companies will be providing the servers to EA/DICE and can we choose where the server is located?
35) Is mixed mode possible?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...ng-the-battlefield-1-rental-server-program/p2

Back