Battlefield 2142 1.51 server patch is here

Hey Lex, I saw the post you made over @ the EA American forums. You posted a bad link to the 1.51 patch. ;) Might want to go and fix it. ;)

Fuck yeah! D/L this motherfucker right now!

I will be there soon to give Vengeance some more puffs of smoke from my modified Mossberg 591. WooT!

i am done with most of the new maps. from time to time i keep getting 2d image/screenshots of the maps overlay in front of my view. this was a know bug when i beta tested with CT. it was not fixed. its may be a video setting cause it. i should not have to change it. i went to recored it and with fraps on the bug does not show its ugly face and i should not have to run frap to play it. its only 2 maps that do it, that i know of. both are new maps. strike and i forget the other one. molokai doesn't do it. i think the other one is perl. dice fucked it up again.

i am done with most of the new maps. from time to time i keep getting 2d image/screenshots of the maps overlay in front of my view. this was a know bug when i beta tested with CT. it was not fixed. its may be a video setting cause it. i should not have to change it. i went to recored it and with fraps on the bug does not show its ugly face and i should not have to run frap to play it. its only 2 maps that do it, that i know of. both are new maps. strike and i forget the other one. molokai doesn't do it. i think the other one is perl. dice fucked it up again.

And that of many reasons is why I'm not going to pre-order BF3 :).

I have been playing 1.51 on the Multiplay.uk servers for the last week now and noticed you guys were playing the new maps and have updated your server files. The thing is, your guy's servers are showing up red to me as if I am running a different version. I think I have the correct 1.51 patch being I've been playing on all the other servers that run 1.51. I was just wondering if you guys have any idea why this is and may be able to help me get on your servsers b/c they ping alot better than the other ones available.

Ok..... Origionally I had downloaded and installed the 1.51 patch from one source or another and went to play, only to discover that all the servers (mostly Multiplay.co.uk) that are running 1.51 were red instead of white for me.

Curious, I decided to try loading into one and I was prompted "you are running a newer version than this server". Even though I was confused I just decided to delete the folder I had installed the patch on (being I made a copy of my 2142 files and renamed one Battlefield 2142-1.50 to be able to switch between the two versions by renaming the file/version I want to play "Battlefield 2142").

I made another copy of the 1.50 file, renamed accordingly, and downloaded and installed the 1.51 patch again and was able to play on the servers that have been running the beta. As you can see by my previous post, after reading that you have recently updated your servers I decided to load up 1.51 and go play with you guys only to discover your servers as red to me and unable to play on.

After some thinking I decided to delete my 1.51 yet again and dowload and install from the link provided here in your forums. After doing so I am now seeing your servers as the same version and all the other servers running 1.51 as red now.

Even though I am happy to be able to play on your servers, I am a bit confused as to why all the other 1.51 servers are running a supposed different version. Which one is the correct 1.51 patch? Are all the other servers that have been running the beta running on an older version of the patch? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Also if anyone has had a failed attempt of installing the patch and then tried again only to be prompted that you already have a newer version. I was able to fix this by going to regedit>Hkey software>Electronic Arts>EA Games>Battlefield 2142> and then selecting the version which says 1.51 and modifying to say 1.50 again, then running the installer successfully.

Try going to the advanced server menu and checking off the boxes next to Show Same Version Only and Show Same Mod Only and see if that makes a difference in what servers you see...

i hope they can actually work on this some more, still some bugs out there, and the verdun glitch is not fixed yet.

Back