BACK!

druinfly

With the subtle ferocity of a velociraptor, beekman aka druinfly returns to the primordial ground from which he spawned.

I would like to express an all around apology to TBG, my sudden and sporadic existence this past year was somewhat rude.

Been working at i-tec, (in a hanger set up next to this sick piece of machinery) working as a Simulation/Game Designer- and I am proud to announce that I with the help of collaborators will be releasing the first ever simulation mod of Maverick (LSA)'s Flying Car. (x-plane 9, and later this year in my very own game engine).

-www.mavericklsa.com
-it does actually fly
-it is actually road legal
-it is actually registered with the FAA

My mod will be launched between July 13th-23rd. And will be as far as I know the first time Powered Parachute Flight has been successfully emulated in a simulator. Or at the very least the first time a real and legal flying car been in a simulation.

The amount of work I have been doing would more or less make even the most stoic and hardened workaholic cringe. With countless gallons of coffee- amphetamine salts- and nicotine. And IMHO the grace of God, The project seems to be winding down to completion.

Aside from simulation design, I have been working on creating the tools to produce procedural seamless textures.

Polishing my 3d Modeling skills, and learning how to work with engineers (the amount of compatibility issues I have had trying import/export their designs is a bigger headache that I have time to relate).

So long story short- Beekman actually had to do work for once, and not only did he have to do work but he pretty much did the work of a development team of 5, Is still doing this work. But will slowly trying to make time to actually playing video games again- instead of just making them.

Iv'e missed you guys. Can't wait to play with you as soon as this product is out of my hair.

druinfly to local static, I'll catch ya 'round.

btw- i am in Ocala FL, Dunnelon Marion Airport (X35) for you pilots out there-

Watch out, or ZPilot might drop in on you. Any chance they will take it to OshKosh? That would create some buzz. Welcome back, now get your ass in a server!

i actually got to see it at oshkosh last year :) you guys don't know what you are missing

BROS! ime going to present the sim Mod at Oshkosh, and about 2-4 of the production models will be there on static or active display not quite sure yet.... dude- Zpilot ile try and hook you up with a ride in it.

Totally forgot you went last year man... I didn't make it. But ime stoked about this one.

@Soulz... you better be ready for me, cause I might just hijack some of this action and get TBG making a game- but this time with a real studio behind us.

- give me about 2 months to let things wind down with this project and ile shoot you a game proposal.

Back