Ark

H1Z1 is still alive, just had several players leave to play with Barney the Dinosaur in ARK

Sadanko

Ark is better looking, hiccups less, is updated more often, has dedicated servers, allows mods, a better way to craft. Multiple maps to choose ( all of which are the same size or bigger than h1z1 map). Oh and it's our server.

I've played it a little bit. The problem I find is that it's tough to get going. Unless you can find other players to play with on a regular basis and team up with, it will take hours and hours of gathering shit before you ultimately starve/freeze/fall off some cliff/walk into a pack of raptors, and then you've basically got to start all over again. If you guys are just starting, I'd consider playing with you all; but playing solo is just too much work and too little reward.

kids_barney_n_friends_640x480_featured_01.jpg

Which 1 is Iguanidon??

Just playing with Joe!

I've played it a little bit. The problem I find is that it's tough to get going. Unless you can find other players to play with on a regular basis and team up with, it will take hours and hours of gathering shit before you ultimately starve/freeze/fall off some cliff/walk into a pack of raptors, and then you've basically got to start all over again. If you guys are just starting, I'd consider playing with you all; but playing solo is just too much work and too little reward.

I would recommend spawning in the south. There are a lot less dangerous dinos to deal with also I would recommend that you immediately make a small hut and get a bed going ASAP, that way you can spawn there if you should die. It is difficult at first but once you get to around lvl 10 you should be able to handle most things that come your way, in the south once you get up north or go near a mountain you will want to be higher level or have friends with you.

I thought this was a private server, got killed by a pub tonight.

unless by pubber he means someone who goes to pubs to party i have no idea what that means

Folks, as most of you know the server took a dump last night. After trying to do everything that soulz and I could try we wiped the world. In order to try and recover your lost progress, the first 50 levels have greatly reduced xp. I'll leave it like this until Saturday night - regular xp per level will resume sunday.

On another note the following changes have been made.

Dino spawn multiplier down to 4x from 7x.

Reduced pirahna, megaladon, and ant spawn chance from 6% to 3%.

Reduced dino damage from 4x to 2x.

Enabled offline raid protection mod.

Pubber means a random person joining our server. Pub means public for short

Iguanidon is their an official ark forum we could advertise? And what happened with the server did it lose everything saved? No backup?

@FAST I tried doing a rollback. That didn't work. I tried doing a restore back to day 2.... also didn't work. Disabled all mods and restarted. Didn't work. Wiped the server and loaded 1 mod. Server is working. I think there is a conflict between 1 mod and the rest.

OK next time it happens something similar, let me know so I can contact the provider and possibly avoid that hassle.

I started to have some success last night after I figured out the tranq arrows, left a forge and compost bin in the stone home. I'm getting the hang of it slowly but surely. For some reason half my engrams don't show up in my crafting menu.

Back