Zombie MMO that looks like it might actually happen.

Douglas_G

Hello All,

I've been following a few "zombie mmo" developers websites over the past year, and I wanted to share one with you all which to me seems like it will happen. They are active in their postings of news related to development, regularly respond to the community, and have support from Microsoft. Now this zombie MMO will most likely be on the XBOX 360 only, so some of you may want to just secretly check out their link and not discuss it here, so you can keep up your persona of hating consoles. They call themselves Undead Labs.

The game is being developed in two stages. There are class3 and class4. Class3 is being developed as a XBL Arcade game so they can work on the core gameplay mechanics and story. Class4 will be developed after class3 and focus on the massive player driven/controlled/affected dynamic world.

Perhaps you may want to check out their writings. Zombie MMO!!! Would you really not want to experience this?

Undead Labs

-Douglas

Well, game updates and news are always interesting, no matter the platform. I'm not particularly a zombie nut, but if the game-play looked decent enough, I might give it go.

But more important than the news...

...so some of you may want to just secretly check out their link and not discuss it here, so you can keep up your persona of hating consoles.

B U R N
T H E
H E R E T I C !

I literary had a dream about a zombie MMO like a week ago. It looks to me from the site it has a far ways to go, especially with the upcoming jump in console generation this might cause a problem (duke nukem forever anyones?)

And why the hell are they saying console only. There are very few good console MMO's and when it comes to MMO's updates have to be made almost everyday, and consoles suck at that

And why the hell are they saying console only. There are very few good console MMO's and when it comes to MMO's updates have to be made almost everyday, and consoles suck at that

consoles can apply hot fixes with out the user having to downloaded. obvisouly small fixes, but fig fixes, like patches, just like any pc game have to be downloaded manualy.

i dont know why people hate on consoles, i love fps gaming on console.. i just came back to pc gaming... every thing seems the same to me..

I can feel the love, and it is quite warm!

Well, game updates and news are always interesting, no matter the platform. I'm not particularly a zombie nut, but if the game-play looked decent enough, I might give it go.

But more important than the news...

B U R N
T H E
H E R E T I C !

Yeah it does have a ways to go, I just have the feeling that this one is actually going to come through. Their game is going to be an xbox live arcade game at first, so even with a new console out, microsoft may make it to play the xbox360 downloadable games in that case it would still be viable.

They say they want to make it console only because so they can keep working on the game and not spending time on porting it to other platforms, they haven't hinted towards other platforms in the future, but they haven't said it won't ever happen either.

very few good console mmo's? I believe there are just very few console mmo's. Final fantasy Xsomething and they had 2 different everquests for the ps2.

I literary had a dream about a zombie MMO like a week ago. It looks to me from the site it has a far ways to go, especially with the upcoming jump in console generation this might cause a problem (duke nukem forever anyones?)

consoles can apply hot fixes with out the user having to downloaded. obvisouly small fixes, but fig fixes, like patches, just like any pc game have to be downloaded manualy.

i dont know why people hate on consoles, i love fps gaming on console.. i just came back to pc gaming... every thing seems the same to me..

I don't know, perhaps the low player count online, limited bandwidth, no dedicated servers, no mod tools, almost zero community support, and not to mention, capped graphics vs. overall performance limitations that must be kept within certain parameters.

Im not hate'n, trust me, I logged a shit load of console MMO time on Everquest Online Adventures on the PS2 by SOE, back before WoW was but a twinkle in some Dev's eye. It was that game, (so primitive by today's standards that I would make your head explode with "WTF!!?") that made me fall in love with MMO's.

Just the facts jim, just the facts.

Come back to the PC world dude, devote more time and you will see that the cosole world moves in slow motion compared to your time in PC.

You are in correct there doaker.....;)

Consoles still have to download an update.... to update. Though it may be automatic.
However...

BC2 does an automatic check for updates everytime you start the game.

As the same with another game called iracing.com, once you confirm that you need to update it prompts you to do so. IT auto installs too.

Back