World War 3 NDA has been lifted. New Gameplay/Map and my Impressions

Graphic-J

From what i placed on the YT description:

YT said:
Impressions of the pre-release build of the early access version : Game runs smooth and sometimes a bit glitchy but the core gameplay is fun and I can tell it'll be great if they get it smoothed out.I got to say that I was really impressed. Had a great experience with it. What a difference 2-3 patches makes. much more polished than before. PC specs below...

I love the gunplay and the amount of customizations. It brings back that good old battlefield BF3 and BF4 feeling mixed in with the strategical nature of Battlefield 2. If you want a more modern shooter this will be the game for you. I hope it does very well cause it has so much potential. It's like a fan of Battlefield 3/4 made the game.

Pros:
- High Skill Ceiling than most AAA shooters out there.
- Not too milsim as Arma and not too casual as Cod or BF
- Maps are very detailed.

Cons:
- Jets and Choppers are still not in the game. Will have to wait.
- Proning sometimes gets auto pops me up kinds like BF1 did before.
- UI Hud is a bit too small at the moment

My PC Specs:
- GTX 980 GPU
- Intel i7 4700k CPU
- 16GB Ram
- 2x 550GB SSD

Early Access release is this Friday, Oct. 19th The game will stay in early access for 12-15 more months.

Gracias for sharing your perspective of the game. I'm intrigued, but no choppers or jets make me :(.

So the new WW3 trailer and the game released today.
You guys can get this for $25 at GMG or $28 on Steam.

[youtube]

Looks like they are working hard on hotfix#2 related to authentication issues.

wow almost like a real BF game to have issues on launch /s

ive been excited for this game for awhile.

BF was gold, this is alpha. while frustrating, it's understandable. Squad similar launch issues. EA seems to get a pass. i'll wait it out because this is just the beginning :).

I'm not refunding it until the end of the window to give them a chance to fix the issues.

So after the latest patch, i verified my game integrity and it replaced a few files. was able to finally play a few rounds. MY LORD IS IT FUN. BF3 Hardcore but with better gunplay and movement mechanics is what it feels like. fiddled around with some settings and was able to get 70fps steady. Overall i was actually really impressed with the game. The biggest Con i see (other than the connecting issues) is sound design. some of the explosion sounds, are terrible. like it sounds like a generic "Bass Drum" track youd find on a sound board app. of course they can fix that eventually. Also, the customization is just mind blowing. you can even customize your call-ins(like choose what kind of rounds the mortars fire, or what kind of bombing run is dropped). TBH i would not have even tried this game if it was just another start-up russian dev team. But the Farm 51 has shipped multiple games(most with positive reviews), so id like to think i put my money into a game that will be finished.

It feels a lot like Insurgency with bigger maps and vehicles. I agree some of the sounds are not the greatest. Gameplay is fun though, and that's what counts.

Cant the sounds be polished eventually? What stage is the game in again?

Sounds can be polished, absolutely. It's in Alpha.

So after the latest patch, i verified my game integrity and it replaced a few files. was able to finally play a few rounds. MY LORD IS IT FUN. BF3 Hardcore but with better gunplay and movement mechanics is what it feels like. fiddled around with some settings and was able to get 70fps steady. Overall i was actually really impressed with the game. The biggest Con i see (other than the connecting issues) is sound design. some of the explosion sounds, are terrible. like it sounds like a generic "Bass Drum" track youd find on a sound board app. of course they can fix that eventually. Also, the customization is just mind blowing. you can even customize your call-ins(like choose what kind of rounds the mortars fire, or what kind of bombing run is dropped). TBH i would not have even tried this game if it was just another start-up russian dev team. But the Farm 51 has shipped multiple games(most with positive reviews), so id like to think i put my money into a game that will be finished.

Darn it, here I am waiting to play this game, now I got sick and then immediately the game gets patched and fixed enough to play. hehheh.

But I agree, it's a very fun and addicting game. I would say it plays like an improved Battlefield 2 : Project Reality but looks more like BF3/BF4. Awesome recipe if you ask me.

Oh yeah the base gameplay is definitely tons of fun.
FInally got in to play last night and I agree with all the comments in this thread so far. Some things aren't polished yet like the sounds but the gunplay is straight up gangster and even though I didn't know what I was doing other than following squad orders, I had a lot of fun.

I still don't know how a bunch of shit works in game but it was a lot of fun to play. The only thing that threw me off is when you first spawn you seem tall and then shrink lol. It looks like your viewpoint is higher than the your player's head and then when you fully spawn you seem to get shorter...which is odd.

The highly exaggerated rolling gait of your player is a bit odd to me too. I know they try to give the impression of realism but if I walked like that IRL I'd be shitfaced drunk and doing my best Linda Blair imitation.

But so far that's it for my gripes.

The weapons are tons of fun and you can use rpgs on infantry just like BF :)

It's definitely a different take on FPS. I like it. Time will only make it better.

Sounds are definitely odd. And weapon sounds are really quiet it seems compared to the rest of the game but not big deal, hope they're just placeholder sounds I'm pretty big on realistic sounds and having loud things, minus the vics in squad.. too loud.

Took me a few to get used to the weapons. Sensitivity change of course was a must, need mine faster, once that got change I was finally killing people. Recoil is pretty accurate I would say, didn't get into many medium to long range engagements so can't speak for other than cqb. But for the most part it's pretty crisp and easy enough can't complain about it. Gameplay seemed pretty straightforward, attack and defend. As long as your team cares enough to do either it's decent. Coms would be great though or playing with a squad of friends would make it tons better.

Graphics are.. odd for me at least. The game itself looks good for sure but it may not be so much so on my monitor (3440x1440) No matter my fov the whole game has a fish bowl effect the whole time, playable and get used to it but still makes it feel off. I run an average of 80fps with everything maxed, don't reach my refresh of 100 all the time but can't expect to push the resolution with a 1070sc. No frame dips though which is awesome. Overall it's above 60fps for me on max so a decent to high end rig should have no problems, lower ends shouldn't have problems either with lower settings as it seems pretty optimized graphically. For reference I'm running: I7-8700k@5.0Ghz, 16gb ram, EVGA 1070 SC game installed on SSD, 3440x1440 res

The customization is obnoxious. Just about anything and everything can be changed, have yet to compare attachments and all that to see if most the stats really do matter. But I'm able to setup my 416 just as I did in the battlefields so that pleases me so. Didn't try the mgs, but hoping they have close to realistic recoil like they finally got correct in bf4 or close enough to. I'm tired of a automatic weapon like a 249 kicking like a mule for your first shot, I was a saw gunner and I hate when they put mgs with obnoxious recoil. Enough of that though, when your squad or other players toss down their gadgets it helps a lot, especially health packs. Started carrying those, though most people it seems die way before they could use one, do come in handy when a bullet just grazes guys.

The score streaks are pretty cool, I stuck with the default ones. Got the wolverine and that was badass, fended off 2 outside points for half the game until the end. Will have to see more of them.

Overall happy I got it, it works didn't have a problem connecting after I closed the game the first time it was hanging on joining and got to the menus. So that could be a potential problem until fixed when you first launch the game. But easy enough to close and open back up, especially if running it on an ssd which I do. It's definitely playable as it is but obviously needs a lot of polish, so I wouldn't be afraid of this early access like a lot of others that are just crap when they come out. I know there was problems day 1 but that's expected with anything either way people will still complain and give a bad review instead of actually waiting to play.

Weapon customization is nice, but right now it's also a huge impediment to gameplay.

You have to change weapons and mixes out of game (as far as I know) and you can't do that on the fly in game either before a match starts or during gameplay, like when you get killed. Why?
Do I have that wrong? That really bugs the ever loving shit out of me.

Gunfights are still the strong suit here and the tanks and vehicles are very maneuverable, much more so than BF, IMO. They just turn and move more like they should.

Back