Woodwork

MAN, VERY NICE WORK!!

Its time consuming but fun and rewarding at the same time.
My old man has so many tools, I gave it a try some time ago an with a bit of help I managed to make 4 of these, 3 sold almost instantly.
Kept this one one for myself.
5RZqX2V.jpg

Some of you asked me how long it took to do these projects and is it to do as first project. First if it's your first project don't be as stupid as I was and do that big fat cabinet as first project... It might not look like it but this one is 7 feet high... 7x4x3...

The wine rack is way more reasonable but still take a lot of patience and practice before being able to do such a thing. It might not look like it but all the half circles was done one by one with a jumping saw, it's not that easy to do these right next to each other and not scrap everything. Also all little piece of wood behind those half circles for the bottle to slide in was cut and fit one by one... Patience my friends, that's why I do this just once every few weekend ;)

Nice work man. I wish I had the patience to make attempts at building things I could use. I know the basics of joining wood, making things line up, smoothing things out, how to use a lot of the power tools, but I'm lazy and don't want to be disappointed in myself for failure.

about the worst shit gigs with woodworking I hated, was constructing 10th mtns TOC..Fucking ply wood for fucking days....DAYS!...for "tactical construction"(2 year max), I cut 2.5 inch trim[because knee-pads needed more wear](all horizontal, and corners, AND baseboards) from 3/4" plywood for 1300 linear feet of wall with 16foot walls.....with a Circular Saw....needless to say, I became friends with that beast over the months I spent taming it!
By the by, my trim was fucking straight too. Nothing was all super wavy. Woodworking isn't just making fancy pieces. I can build a set of stairs/handrailing out of wood that will make you bounce on every step and tug on the rail all the way up, and then back down in admiration of stability.

There just aren't enough hours in the day, nor the tools we need at my immediate disposal for wood working. thanks for posting pics of your work man.

I have gotten some very good deals on router bits and abrasives on the following sites. MLCS provided micro thin shims with their raised panel router bits. Great products and prices. https://www.woodworkingshop.com/

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/

Thanks for the tips H4wk! But I am not sure if they ship in Canada, I have to verify more deeply cause it doesn't say anything about that on both sites. I just saw some big router bits set for amazing price... like this one https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/set66.html

I would like to diversify my router bits to try something different next time.

I would like to diversify my router bits to try something different next time.
cutting bits are what I like. that isn't the "term" for them, but they pretty much rout the inner area of wood(not edges to desired depth) for designs(however not as intricate as a dremmel), unless you find the right bit size. But once you do that, you can go back over with your egder and trim the "intereior" designs of your piece (for example side of wine rack or bookshelf, head/foot board for bed etc..)

takes a lot of practice, otherwise you will go through some bits....its almost like a floor buffer in terms of control and letting the tool do its job instead of forcing it

takes a lot of practice, otherwise you will go through some bits....its almost like a floor buffer in terms of control and letting the tool do its job instead of forcing it

I did practice a lot especialy with the first project and with the second but I still have hard time to be fully constant with it. Sometime it kicks in and there is nothing to do it marks it. But I am more regular that I use to be. I guess that router bits quality is important too and type of wood have something to do as well?

Good day folks!

Well if you guys did not notice I am slowly but surely back on track to play! Here is something that I have been working on while I was gone to not turn crazy with the shit town of work I got. Some of you might remember that I'm collecting some Montreal Canadian Carey Price collectible item's. Well since they did so good this year as a team the collectibles are way more negotiable if I can say like that. I won a bet on Ebay reduced cost on this Carey Price certified game used hockey stick. So I decided to build a frame to go around it instead of paying big box to have one made.

So here is how it started, different steps and the final result at the end:
IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

This was the first frame witch is the exterior one, next pics are the assembly with the interior frame to cover the junction of the Plexiglas and the wood.
IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

Next is the fitting of the Plexiglas and a frame that both have difficult angles. I destroyed half of my Plexiglas because I did not cut it with the right tool and I swear quite a bit to make all of these parts fit together. It is not perfect but I am satisfy considering it was my first try.
IMG_2969.jpg

San done and prep for painting on the next
IMG_2996.jpg

Painting on it's way and you can see the bottom plate painted as well
IMG_3001.jpg

And the final result :)
IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

Looks good. Woodworking is a skill I'd like to learn one day. I'd like to make nightstands and end tables for my house.

Why did you put your crutch in a display case? And why's the top so funny? Doesn't that hurt your armpits? :confused::cool:

Cause I knew that if I would of left it in my room free to take some one like you would of use it as a expensive crutch or worst... You know that this white tapes get dirty pretty easily and it's difficult to remove ;) Don't worry about the pain after a while pleasure comes ;)

Looks good. Woodworking is a skill I'd like to learn one day. I'd like to make nightstands and end tables for my house.

For me it's therapeutic, with all the shit we have in our lives this make me think about nothing else than what I am doing. The two projects you're mentioning are great to learn, don't do the same mistake than me by starting with a too big project.

Back