Woke up this morning with extreme pain in my hand. anyone know why?

Frit0z

this may be a shot in the dark but i figured i would ask.

i wok up this morning my right hand in extreme pain. only the joints like its arthritis. which is very possible. but im not sure if arthritis can suddenly come on like that. my hands been in pain all day and no over the counter pain relievers even touch it. i can use my hand fine. no stiffness at all no numbness. i did injure it in the past and my latest injury was about 2 weeks ago squished it between a car dolley and truck bumper (dont ask) it swelled up instantly. never went to the doc. i hate docs. it didnt hinder my ability to use my hand at all. i was able to grab stuff and type with no discomfort. it only hurt when i poked it. so i didnt think it was to serious. but now this god damn pain is so fucking annoying i cant concentrate on anything because its constant and its just barely bearable. on a scale of 1-10 id say the pain runs around a 5-7. so anyone ever have this happen to them or have any idea what it could be?

i was thinking pinched nerve ill use the doc as a last resort. i dont even know what kind of doc i should see anyway. emergency room will just take xrays and give me meds.

if the pain is dull and centered in the joints it could indicate something more severe. While a pinched nerve would be constant pain it would also be a sharp pain and would originate where the pinched nerve is. I would check to see that you have enough red meat in your diet. A lack of creatine in your system may cause pre mature osteoperosis. Ice it and elevate it for at few days. You can go to your local Health food/supplement store (GNC) and get some creatine to help with faster repairs. If the cold makes the pain increase discontinue right away and go to the doctor.
For pain over the counter use neproxin (Alieve) its more suited to control multiple pains not just muscle pain or inflammation like a motrin. Its also very soft on your system.
Take a few days to let it rest. Do your best to immobilize your hand and use it as little as possible over the next few days. If after a few days of honest rest it still aches or hurts go have it checked out.

its not by far a dull pain. what i would consider a dull pain is stubbing my toe on the kitchen chair, well the aftermath of it. this is more like having a fresh bruise then having someone stand on it all day. if that makes any sense. i havent tried icing it yet ill give that a shot.

oh and as for red meat in my diet. i dont have alot. i eat maybe a hamburger once a week and the occasional steak. you really think creatine would help? i thought that was a steroid.

I had the same thing...But I switched to my left hand when I play with my monkey,and my right one stop hurting....;)

I have experienced pain in my hand a d wrist before that was about a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to 10...I did however break a knuckle in this hand a few years ago...Also it only doe's it randomly like after days of constant gameplay...So i think mine is arthuritis...

I would also suggest possibly inflamation of the tendons or bursa. I was suprised by how much of a stabbing pain I got from each of these. Prednesone is my friend...

i iced it and it was instant relief. i went through this god damn pain all day because i didnt think icing it would do anything. thank you very much rayzor and everyone else. ill let you guys know if it comes back.

Glad I could help. Creatine is a natural substance produced by your bodys bone marrow. As a supplement it sort of overloads the system and allows for faster recovery of both muscle and bone injuries. It is commonly used by vegatarians to supplement their body for lack of red meat.

If you think you need to see a doctor about this, go to an orthopedic.

Other than that, start punching the clown with your other hand. Besides not hurting your primary hand, it will feel like a stranger which is always exciting :)

lol six. to make it really feel like a stranger i gotta sit on it till it goes numb

you may have interal damage inside. You really need to go get it check. Don't wait!!

but i dont like docs. all they want to do is fill me with meds. i hate taking meds.

Look at the bright side... At least you weren't camping and woke up with a sore ass and you boxers on backwards!

On an up note, take care of the hand before you get old like me with pains that you can't remember what you did years ago.

it's called a Soulzz distollerence, one coversation and the punch monkey is all takencare of

but i dont like docs. all they want to do is fill me with meds. i hate taking meds.

OK, then when it really gets bad, when you are wanking it, it will become some bizarre S&M thing.

Back