Why I own a BMW...

boondokk

BANNED
BANNED
Why I own a BMW M3 as opposed to the other German sports cars.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaZExdTHHjY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

lol nice. "m3 drivers have no friends" funny quote there at the end. i wouldnt mind having one.

Nothing like a M6 Bmw Coupe =D <3 I miss driving that car.

I recently traded my six back to a three. I forgot how insanely tight through the turns it is. It's a smaller car so you can literally throw it around through the twisties.

Practicality is a big key in choosing these vehicles. I can fit 4 adults comfortably in my car. I can haul 3 extra people while flying through the twisties and my local BMW repair shop can maintain it for me at a relatively good price for stuff not covered by warranty. Also, the M has a faster 0-60 than the Lotus by about .5 seconds. Also, the Lotus uses the same engine that is in the Toyota Camry, heavily modified, but a Toyota Camry engine doesn't exactly translate into 'power and engineering'. I mean, shit, my sister drives a Camry.

Which one has better build Quality? M3
Which one is more refined? – M3
Which one has more features – M3
Which one has a better engine? – M3
Which one is faster? – M3
Which one is more practical? – M3
Which one is more comfortable? – M3
Which one is safer – M3
Which one is rarer? – Evora

So if you want a car that screams, "Look at me I'm rare!" then maybe the Lotus is for you. Otherwise... yeah, I'll take my BMW.

Heat's car is be faster in the 0-60 as the car weighs basically nothing and I'm pretty sure it hits the slalom like a guided missile (agreed the GTR is quite a machine) it doesn't have carbon fiber trim (Nissan really likes their black plastic), a 7-piece surround stereo system, heated/cooled seats, and the white and blue emblem on the front that says, not screams, "I'm better than you". I've driven the GTR and its quite a machine, but it feels like a toy, a videogame made of steel and aluminum rather than a super-sport coupe. I'd get one for a weekend car, but hardly for a daily driver. My M gets me back and forth to work every day and earns me looks of ire and envy from my coworkers. THat, and mine would have cost me 82.2k with every option imaginable (if I hadn't traded my older, heavily customized M to them as a show car to even out the price) while a base GTR costs 86k!

It's all about practicality, meine freunde.

You want the real deal? Ask any German what they would choose, and BMW is at the Bottom of that list. It's been known for about 15 years that BMW can't compete with Merc or Audi( Even the Sports car racing world) Look up DTM. Most Germans think that BMW are an Over Priced Piece of SHIZA. Americans typcially Like BMW over MERC due to price. And I'm not trying to bust your bubble because it's your MONEY that you earned ( or stolen LOL) so you choose to see fit what you want to spend it on.
But, I partial to the Porsche GT3 really..... I told my wife if I owned one of those I probally stick my cock in the crack of the seat every now and then and show the car how Much I love it. Kinda like I do her......

Here is a picture of that hot peice of Ass

i find a lot of cars to be overpriced pieces of shiza, i just like the looks/performance/price match up of the evora. no idea how most of these cars would fit 6' of canadian though. Oh and in terms of speed a good plane will beat you everytime while fitting 6 people in airconditioned comfort with a view that can't be beat.

one of these is usually under 80 grand
piper_pa24_240_1.jpg

Yes, because you can land a plane in your driveway. When all else fails, compare apples to oranges.

Also, to the BMW hater, have you actually DRIVEN any of the vehicles you are talkiing about or do you take your talking points from Car and Driver? Because I actually own the said E92 M3 and I can tell you from firsthand experience it is NOT a piece of crap and I chose it over the Audi and Mercedes Benz because of the sheer enjoyment I got from driving it. In the twisties weaving in and out of the North Georgia mountains, I want a machine with the handling and power of a true Autobahn-eating sports car. And I love that 'ask anybody' crap people use in an argument. 'They said' this and 'they said' that. I WORKED for a German company for 3 years between stints at IBM and the Germans there LOVED their BMWs. Maybe it was the region your supposed, but likely a lie, census came from? In the Munich area, where my coworkers came from, they hail BMW as the king. And rightfully so. They are fun, sleek, sexy, and fast. You can keep your Mercedes-Benz and its lack of a real manual gearbox.

Lulz! Actually, I dream to own a plane someday (even if it's a $30k kit/old plane), so hopefully this will happen in the next 10 years or so... if everything goes well :)

Back