Which game should be my next????

DeathPanx

im looking into buying a new FPS game im not really into anything else...

im looking for something to keep me entertained
i recently bought Crisis Warhead but it wasnt what i totally expected i dont play it as much as i would like.. too me i kinda wasted my money and dont want to this time what are some games you would recommend yourself??

i currently play
COD4
and have other games such as CSS and and i recently torrented TC HAWX which turned out to be a great game to bad i cant play online i may purchase this in the future..
mostly but am into modern or futuristic has to have great gameplay getting tired of the old capture bases..
FPS mostly but some of you other players not what kinda games are good and may know what i like shoot them at me..

looking into arma2 but not sure let me know what you think ill like...008 001

sorry for my shitty ass teen writing haha

Fallout 3 is a combination of FPS and RPG genre's. It was almost unanimously voted as "game of the year" last year. If you haven't tried it you definitely should. Probably one of the greatest games I've ever played. As far as true FPSs go there really isn't anything out right now that I'm excited about. I'm not even all that pumped about the new BF titles or ARMA II and Operation Flashpoint II. The level of realism on the latter two might be too over the top.

If you enjoy CS:S, you might enjoy Left 4 Dead a lot. It feels a lot like CS:S (duh same engine) and Versus mode is amazingly great imo.

There's also "killing floor" which is kind of a budget title coming out today... off the top of my head. I don't really recommend that one, unless you're a fan of the Red Orchestra feel kind of (same engine), although it's not released yet... I'm judging from gameplay videos. I've preordered to save $5 lol... it's just $15 for the next 3 hours if you wanna take the risk.

I agree Crysis Warhead sucked. I don't know what exactly, but the gameplay was just really boring as hell really, and glitchy. Felt like lag all over (not FPS, mostly netcode) and the vehicles really sucked.

Sadly, there aren't really many (if any!) futuristic games with vehicles that are good. UT3 isn't really most people's cup of tea, even though I find it mildly entertaining...

So, for now stick with 2142 I guess.

The demo for ET: Quake Wars was really kind of very lame and disappointing. The game did sound very promising, and had incredible potential, but there's just something about it that makes it feel really stupid (perhaps the incredibly lame voiceovers + really nerfed weapons!? IDK). I tried to get into it, but just couldn't.

Anyone played Quake IV online? The single-player rocked some serious ass, but I never played online. Did anyone? It had a tank vehicle in SP, but online it's probably just person vs person.

I like far cry 2. Vehicles and fast paced.
Comes with a cool ass map editor too!
Building some maps of my own lately - but you should play some of the user created maps... just insane.

call of duty modern warfare 2 will be the next cod 4. I hope to see vehicles in there but it will probably be the next big thing along with bad company 2.
Arma2 i hope there is a way to get into the battlefield very quickly. And not take a long time to find our enemy.

I believe he is looking to buy within a couple days or so - as he didn't ask whats new coming out... He just asked what should he buy as if he was going out this second. I would suggest far cry 2 - game play is ok - map editor a huge perk - etc.

the map editor will keep you entertained - as it has for me. plus i dont feel like i'm over doing it gaming.
you can actually test in game as you edit it... good stuff. can't say enough about it.

whoops, hmm....battlefield2? Nice and cheap. Or maybe source game? Very reliable and no bugs

Meh, fast action games are getting old :-|.

[quote1242335905=x=FAST=x]
whoops, hmm....battlefield2? Nice and cheap. Or maybe source game? Very reliable and no bugs
[/quote1242335905]

its funny because out of all the new games out i find myself leaning towards older games i think i might purchase BF2 looks similiar to 2142 but modern warfare.. im not sure on any games right now nothing is catching my eyes..

I play UT3 once a year, LAN party with co-workers, and it's ok. I thought UT2003 was a lot of fun, addicted till I bet the game; so many different aspects to that game that made it fun to play. UT3 the graphics were a bonus but gameplay was a little lame. IMP go with the BF2 it was the foundation to BF2142

Yay get old Battle field games. I believe BF2 with all expansion packs is 30 dollars.

If you want more for your money BF1942 with all expansion packs and BF Vietnam is 10 dollars.

If you want a cheap rpg there is Oblivion Game of the year edition for 20.

Or for 50 dollars you could get Empire total war, a massive strategy with outrageous graphics for 50 dollars.

Back