voteban or votekick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raisinless

I know we have chatted about this before but i see there was 4 bans today that means ppl took 5 minutes out of the game play to post in forums and it usually the same ppl and yesterday there was 3ish im thinking and ya its only 5 minutes maybe less but its a PAIN in the ASS,, Ive see chocolate cherry in server (feels good to shoot him) thats great to see him for 2 or 3 maps but we need a voteban or kick ive read the reasons bah bah bah.. but your server it populated 24/7 and theres other servers that have voteban or kick and there still full or half full and ppl wont abuse coz half the time they dont vote, but give the option for US players to have a say and for the ppl recording the vids and posting them its not just a few minutes its like 10 minutes to post a vid sooooo save us the PAIN and TRY votekick or ban and i said TRY Amen

I agree entirely. You guys have done as good a job as possible admining while not even playing but there's a limit to how much can but done without actually being in the server. I've seen at least 3 hackers tonight and while you guys get to them as quick as you can, hackers can easily stay 3-4 full games before getting banned. And even when that happens, they get a new $5 account and come back. I think the best option would be to add a voteban but only for the reason hacking or to deputize one of the frequent players. I understand your hesitation in adding a voteban for fear that it's abused but if you set a high enough vote threshold, there's not much room for that to happen.

I agree. The game I was just playing on the bf3 server was hacker vs hacker. That's ridiculous.

We've been over this like a million times...

We've been over this like a million times...
not trying to be a smart ass, but this is a serious question, Im interested in buyin the bf3 server. is there a chance or am I crossing the line??

If you want to run your own server, then go get one. Do you think we would let something that has been tied to our name for that long go to someone we don't know?

And what about trying it just to see ?
Maybe there will be abuse, but the forum is still there for those who want to appeal their ban. I know you don't really want it but see it as an opportunity to release yourself from having to check every single report and discussing whether this guy is legit or not. It's a win/win situation, less report for us, less work for you. (and i'd really appreciate not having to upload full cheaters clips with my 3rd world connection)

Btw it's not really necessary to add a voteban. A votekick is enough if you set it to ban a player after a certain amount of kick (let's say 2 but as you want).

I have spoken with the admins and head admins who do their best to keep this server clean. I get it the server is constantly active and these admins have provided some feedback.

We will look into something very simple and very basic. I can tell you right now it would not give you the ability to permanently ban other players . Whatever we end up doing will not be modified after.

Not going to point fingers but some reports submitted don't always show irrefutable proof that a particular player is cheating. And this would be very concerning. We've had extreme bad experience with certain players teaming up and removing other players they accused of cheating (without concrete proof) or players they didn't like whether for their style of play or something else.

As an alternative, you can drop an app, get involved with the community, go through a trial period, possibly become an admin.

I will post a thread when we have something in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back