Very Confused?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

|Z|Zboss

BANNED
BANNED
Just wondering how all of your servers have at least 12 people in, all with low ranks, all players idle for at least 10 hours. Now I understand that you can get players to throw their guys in when sleeping to keep the servers running but how do they all have the same IP and the same Ping?

Surely this is padding server stats? No?

no its not... completely legal. They are profiles (ghosts). You need one computer of your own to run it. As long as you dont touch EA server files thats makes it legal. You still need 8 people to start a server. And obviously nobody has access to their FTP. We already asked our provider and even suggested some things. Nothing to be confused about. Thats a silly remark to make as you know none of us our that stupid to even consider padding.

Sorry was supposed to put a smile at the end of that remark.

I was more confused as to how you've done it as I've been looking for answers to it for so long. Any chance you can drop me an email as to what I need to do to set this up myself?

Thanks

Z

well first it would cost you money. And lots of it. We pay a great amount to do it.

we pay one child worker in the former yugoslavia (sp?) for every profile in the server. we pay them with spree candy.

Well IMO, this practice, of placing these "ghosts" on the server, in theory sounds good.
But yesterday, after playing 2 rounds, I gave up on it. It was kinda frustrating not knowing who was real and who was a bot. I was a commander, and I asked for ALL non-bots to join a squad. The reply I got, " we have", that was stated by a TBG guy. (can't remember who)
The answer may be to lower the number of bots you have on there. And to start kicking them as REAL players do join.

The ghosts will never interfere with a "real" player who wants to join the server, they work in mysterious ways.

the reason why is more of a problem these days is because of Server browser issues, people cant see server they cant join. They automatically leave when you have people in there.

GiJoe from WOLFServers is going to try a work-around by enabling NAT in the 2142cc Dashboard. If it works I'll let you guys know.

:D.

um they arent bots. They are ghosts. Big difference. They will never play, spawn in, nor join a squad. You dont need to ask who is real and who is not LOL.

GiJoe fixed it! All -|TBG|- servers show up in the browser now.

Frag on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back