testing higher HZ for DICE

Played for about 4 hours last night on All Maps server. Reg was solid. Zero rubberbanding. So far, lovin this change.

40hz is still too much for all maps... all 3 alerts are showing red and getting some bad rubberbanding.

just kicked 12 people from lockers

Can we upgrade our boxes?

We have the best NFO box that money can buy.

Boxes are 3.9 ghz haswell. That's the highest in the market for gaming machines. This has nothing to do with boxes. The servers lost connection to Battlelog

You guys need to realize it's not the servers there are other factors here.

server has crashed twice in 1 hour. ts crashed also.

This would appear to be datacenter issue or DDOS attack. Nothing we can do about this. When TS goes down that means something beyond our reach.

The 60Hz setting was causing issues with vehicles and the like so FAST dropped it down to 40.

@x=FAST=x can you try setting the Infantry Only server at 40Hz?

It appears it is already at 40? Did you check in game? I made the changes yesterday just waited for a crash or restart which happened.

I'll check right now

*edit: I just checked and it's at the 40Hz. Thank you sir

40hz has been doing really good on the all maps and lockers. No problems with me.

word is everyone who owns a server will have the ability to upgrade from 30 to 144 tomorrow. I think 40HZ seems pretty steady?

Too bad. Maybe they'll optimize it in the future.

On a side note... I can't stop watching your banana man there @x=FAST=x
@x=FAST=x I think Iguanidon wants to do this to your banana.

these-people-tried-and-failed-at-being-sexy-33-photos-3.gif

Time to re-test 60 Hz?

Under Fall Patch notes, there are quite a few tweaks related to servers and high tick rates including:

"Significantly reduced bandwidth usage at higher tick rates"

"Several low level optimizations related to bandwidth and ordering"

"Fixed stability issue regarding RSP servers"

Also reduced rubber banding, fixed aircraft performance issues, etc.

Patch notes: https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dic...ssets/patch_notes/Patchnotes_FallPatch_EN.pdf

Last edited:
Back