TeamSpeak 3 and Overlays

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
As cool and convenient as they are, there is a chance you can get banned from PB games for a game hook by using a TS3 overlay.

Save yourself the headache and don't use overlays. Why take the risk?

So how is this any different than using PlayClaw and enabling the TS/Ventrilo Overlay? And why would this be considered a game hook (whatever that is) if it's part of a video capture program?

So how is this any different than using PlayClaw and enabling the TS/Ventrilo Overlay? And why would this be considered a game hook (whatever that is) if it's part of a video capture program?

I don't know, to be honest. Soldier was saying that Benway from PBBans says there is a chance of getting banned if PB rolls out an update.

I'm just saying, even if there is a 5% chance, it can happen to a legitimate person.

I wouldn't take the risk.

Nobody has an explanation for why a piece of a video recording program could get you banned? It just is? That makes no sense at all.

That was part of my initial question; does this apply only to TS3 or does that include Ventrilo?

From what I can read, this is related to PBans detecting overlay, in TS or in Ventrilo.....

not recommended to use overlay. Shouldn't give you problems. But nobody ever did use it on ventrilo anyway so why start in ts3?

TS3 is more popular than ventrilo and never heard of any issues.

From what I can read, this is related to PBans detecting overlay, in TS or in Ventrilo.....

Here's the problem I have with that-in PlayClaw, which is what I use instead of FRAPS, the Ventrilo overlay is part and parcel of the program. In TS it is a add on. So now, according to PBBANS, my video capture program is a hack of some sort? Really? Does it lend me any special abilities, let me do anything in game I normally couldn't do, give me an advantage in game? No. So why is it all of a sudden a bannable offense to have this as part of a vid capture program?

I've contacted pbbans to get their input. I don't see why it would be a problem. But wait until they say something about it. Did you use any overlay on ventrilo?

Fast, on PlayClaw the overlay .dll is part of the program for ventrilo TS it's an add on .dll, and yes I've used it since May 2010 no problems.

Also, from what I've been able to gather, in previous updates of PB it might sometimes see the overlay as "multiple instances of direct3d. It has been suggested by evenbalance previously to "enable "lternate Direct X in the options of the application" to avoid this problem.

If you hear anything useful, we'd love to know. Thanks for contacting pbbans on our behalf.

Looks like we're talking about 2 different things here. One is a TS overlay addon that changes the TS look as Soldier posted above and the other is an overlay in PlayClaw that allows you to see who's speaking in Ventrilo or TS3 in game like pictured here:

sample.png

Sixer I was talking about the overlay but I just wanted to post a screenie of a modified TS3 client theme so others could see that there are options as far as what it looks like.

sixer did you see the screen i posted it might be what you are looking for.

Yeah, I saw but it still gives no information about why evenbalance would potentially flag this as a game hook nor does it say what a game hook is.

I guess that PBbans detection algorithm for the overlay misinterpret Ventrilo/TS overlay with the hack overlay......I suppose.
From th picture you can see in PBBams, some hack add an square over all enemies in the map..

Yeah, I saw but it still gives no information about why evenbalance would potentially flag this as a game hook nor does it say what a game hook is.

you could put in a ticket at evenbalance's website and see what they say. A staff member also uses playclaw and he doesn't find any issues with it.

Back