Taste The Wave

shockwave

Now that we are finally done with the holidays (Thank God) I thought I would take a few minutes to introduce myself.

My name is Navin R. Johnson It was never easy for me, I was born a poor black child and I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi..lol sorry I stole that from a movie can you guess which one?

My actual name is Tom but most folks just call me Mitch, I am 44 years old from Cincinnati OH, retired back in 2004 divorced twice not looking for #3 too damn expensive, I have a 20 year old son who is in his 2nd year of college at The University Of Cincinnati and that is costing me enough. :)

I first got involved in online gaming about 15 years ago playing "Duke Nukem" back in those days there were no servers or broadband internet connections, so to play we would all dial in to one persons PC or we had to carry our entire PC to a friend's house to play and you were usually limited to 2 to 4 players at most so online gaming was much different back then than it is today. While I have both played and hosted servers for pretty much every FPS game ever released as it stands right now the only FPS game I play is BF2 because most of my gaming time is spent doing flight sim's but I am looking to get more involved with the FPS games again, so if anyone has any suggestions on which FPS games I should get please don't hesitate to post suggestions.

While I do own several other FPS games such as BF2142, COD4 & MOHA I was never able to warm up to any of these games. I am not sure why, it could be that I simply didn't like the games or god forbid I am just getting too old & lazy to take them time to learn how to play them proficiently. What's that old saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :) One game I will be purchasing for sure when it's released is BF3 but as I mentioned previously, I would like some suggestions or feedback on other FPS games you guys might recommend I try because as much as I enjoy the flight sim stuff there is only so much you can do with it before it feels more like work than gaming.

It's been about 3 or 4 years since I hosted servers or was involved with a clan or gaming community in any capacity. The reason I got out was because it wasn't fun anymore it seemed that I was spending more of my time admining the servers, website & forums not to mention dealing with member issues than I was gaming and when I did have time to play, I was constantly having to babysit the ass hats that would inevitability show up to try and ruin everyone's fun. Now after a roaming as a lone wolf for a few years I have decided it may be time to try the clan thing again and find myself a place to call home, so I decided to applied for membership with =TBG= last month because I like what I see here and how the admins handle things.

Applying right before the holidays was probably not the best timing because like most folks I didn't have much free time to focus on the application process or getting accepted but as I mentioned to Mega a few days ago that will change now that the holidays are behind us. As it stands right now the only =TBG= members I really know at all are Mega, FAST & Ss750rdr however, I look forward to meeting more of you guys over the next few days & weeks.

I am usually a man of few words and since it appears I am beginning to write a book here as opposed to an introduction let me close by saying I enjoy playing on the =TBG= servers and I appreciate all the hard work, effort & money that you guys put in to running what appears to be a great gaming community/ clan and I look forward to joining you guys if you will have me. :)

Let me officially welcome you and wish you good luck on your application. There are times when we all feel your pain about administering servers. It is a bonus to have many more administrators and one of the reasons we give admin to members. Not the only reason, but that helps eleviate the job.

I have recently started playing a little BF2 again, but find it difficult to hit anyone with the beginning weapons (Sigh...I'm a noob again). I think the guns work much better in 2142 and even better still in BC2 (just my opinion though). I do like the style of game play that BF2 and 2142 offer over BC2 any day. I persoanlly don't think there should be any choke points in any Battlefield game, but that's me.

Many of us are people of few words. Most of my talking is game related when playing, and usually have to stop playing to have an actual conversation with others if it involves something other than what is happening on the field.

You'll find many of us that span the age group from younger to older here and from many different backgrounds. We all pull together though for the betterment of our little niche in the world. I have been in a few other groups over the years as well and you, I can honestly say their is no better community anywhere else.

Good luck and welcome again.

+1 for the effort. I love it when people devote time to a proper introduction.

I told you that TBG is the best community out there. Before coming here, I never entertained the idea of joining a clan. There is no need to kiss ass or to be a "follower" - or else, here.
The biggest difference that TBG makes, and the reason I joined, is because independent/different/contra opinions are not only tolerated - but welcomed and taken seriously. I am not afraid to express my opinions to any of the founders or head admins.

You obviously have my vote, and I think that you would be a great addition to our team.

By the way you still need a proper introduction with a proper trial date set. Somebody please get this addressed. Thx!

Shockwave,

Renno or I should be speaking with you tonight on ventrilo. Then we can formally start your process. I think you would fit in here perfect but it is vital that you consistently show up on ventrilo that way people can get familiar with your name (part of the process). We want all our members to be acquainted others. You don't need to get BC2 or 2142 just come introduce yourself for a bit. Nobody is a stranger in here :p

Shockwave,

Renno or I should be speaking with you tonight on ventrilo. Then we can formally start your process. I think you would fit in here perfect but it is vital that you consistently show up on ventrilo that way people can get familiar with your name (part of the process). We want all our members to be acquainted others. You don't need to get BC2 or 2142 just come introduce yourself for a bit. Nobody is a stranger in here :p

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> I will look for you guys on Vent after dinner this evening. If you let me know an approximate time that would be great. Also just so you guys know I do hang on Vent from time to time in the Karkand channel but as it stands so far, I have only had the opportunity to speak with a small handful of people. I see folks on in other channels but I hate to pop in and just start talking because I feel like I am inferring with their enjoyment while they are playing.

you won't intrude at all. Maybe Balls2dawall's focus but who cares really :)

I can come with you and make the introduction of some sort if you like. No biggie really. I think Mega did it too if i'm not mistaken

lol sorry I stole that from a movie can you guess which one?

Ah, one of my favorites...The Jerk

.Navin, don't forget The lord loves a working man.
And son, don't never, ever trust whitey...
Don't trust whitey. The Lord loves a working man, don't
trust whitey.

Nice into. I look forward seeing you online.
</pre>

Ah, one of my favorites...The Jerk

.Navin, don't forget The lord loves a working man.
And son, don't never, ever trust whitey...
Don't trust whitey. The Lord loves a working man, don't
trust whitey.

Nice into. I look forward seeing you online.

Here is one of my favorite scenes :)

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OxQl71viEIk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

...about 15 years ago playing "Duke Nukem" back in those days there were no servers or broadband internet connections, so to play we would all dial in to one persons PC or we had to carry our entire PC to a friend's house to play and you were usually limited to 2 to 4 players at most so online gaming was much different back then than it is today.
Aye! But weren't those the days? Duke ( with the Penthouse Mod installed ), Hexxen ( Loved my NIN nail gun ) and all the Doom mods you could fit into a a stack of floppy disks! What a trip down memory lane...

Welcome, brother! Can't wait to do some gaming with ya. Maybe I can regale you with memoirs of me ol' 486 DX-4/100, my mighty 80MB Hard Drive, and my lightning-fast 9600-bps modem! Hah! Those were the days, indeed...

That's the best...

Harry! Look at this!
What's the matter with these cans?
These cans are defective. They're springing leaks.
Come and look at this.
You better run for cover or you'll spring a leak.
We don't have defective cans. We have a defective person!
He hates these cans.
Stay away from the cans!

</pre>

Man of few words huh!. Nice intro and good luck with the application. See you on the battlefield.

Hey dude pleasure to meet you.

Good to see that you are looking for a new place to call home. Looking forward to seeing you in game Tom, stay active in vent and lets rock and roll.

I have recently started playing a little BF2 again, but find it difficult to hit anyone with the beginning weapons (Sigh...I'm a noob again).

I have the unlocks and still suck at BF2! Welcome, Shockwave. I hope I have the opportunity to join up with you in some BF2 soon.

I kinda find it funny another Ohioan in the clan. I was born and raised in Cleveland.

Shockwave,

Not sure if I misunderstood you but I waited on Ventrilo from 7PM-11PM last night, however no one showed up to talk to me? I also went to one of the 2142 channels to talk with the guys there but I immediately got the impression I was intruding on their enjoyment, so I went back and sat in the Karkand channel like I have been doing for several days now however once again no one showed up.

I have been trying to spend a few hours each day on Vent but in all honesty it appears to me that most of you guys spend the majority of your time sitting in the AFK channel which tells me your not interested in talking :)

I will be on vent again later this afternoon for a few hours if anyone wants to meet me but there is no way I can sit there all day just waiting for someone to show up. I hope Mega was correct about being able to speak your mind here because I have to say the recruiting process is a two way street and you guys have to be as interested in having me join as I am in joining otherwise we are just spinning our wheels.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I

<o:p></o:p>

Not sure if I misunderstood you but I waited on Ventrilo from 7PM-11PM last night, however no one showed up to talk to me? I also went to one of the 2142 channels to talk with the guys there but I immediately got the impression I was intruding on their enjoyment, so I went back and sat in the Karkand channel like I have been doing for several days now however once again no one showed up.

I have been trying to spend a few hours each day on Vent but in all honesty it appears to me that most of you guys spend the majority of your time sitting in the AFK channel which tells me your not interested in talking :)

I will be on vent again later this afternoon for a few hours if anyone wants to meet me but there is no way I can sit there all day just waiting for someone to show up. I hope Mega was correct about being able to speak your mind here because I have to say the recruiting process is a two way street and you guys have to be as interested in having me join as I am in joining otherwise we are just spinning our wheels.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I

<o:p></o:p>
If you can, try joining the Ventrilo around 3-4 PM EST. Some of us are very focused when we game. That's probably why no one responded to you. Not because they didn't want to, but because they were focused. Go on around the time I mentioned earlier and I think you'll find more people just chatting.

If you can, try joining the Ventrilo around 3-4 PM EST. Some of us are very focused when we game. That's probably why no one responded to you. Not because they didn't want to, but because they were focused. Go on around the time I mentioned earlier and I think you'll find more people just chatting.

Sounds good, I will make sure I am on around 3PM EST today. :)

First off, Shock, I'm no recruiter ( hell, I'm not even a clan member ) but I think those guys that are might get in to their game more than i do, and I have s seriously one track mind when gaming. ( Didn't mean to seem like I was blowing you off last night, I wasn't. These guys have been teaching me how to fly helicopters for longer than the 30-second flights I'm used to, so I was a little absorbed. )

Even more, I certainly can't speak to all the times you've been on Vent, but last night I'm not sure how many of those guys were actually recruiting staff as much as people who specialize in other areas. But I do know that any one of them would answer any questions or even stop their game to help you with yours if you need it. I know that because some of them did just that for me last night. :) And other guys have stopped their games or took around the maps with them to teach me all kinds of other stuff, as well. This is a really kick-ass crew when it comes to teamwork and to training.

About the AFK channel, it's my firm belief that quite a few of these guys live there... But I've found that just because they show up in that channel doesn't mean they are around. I've seen people stuck in that channel for days on end over the holidays. Now, either they were very lonely and very tired by day 3 or they were out somewhere else and just using AFK to keep their connection alive. So, don't take that personally.

Finally, I at least can tell from your posts and from their responses that you'd fit in well around here. So, don't take the lack of people knocking your door down ( so to speak ) as any type of bad sign or any bad omen. A lot of these guys are active duty military ( thanks guys! ) and sometimes they got things that keep them away from their machines for long periods of time.

These guys will catch up with you to cover all the things that need covered, the official welcome and all that. It just might not be as quick you or they hope for it to be. For the most part, I would say that if you see someone in the channel of a game you play, hop in and play also. Or at least stick around for longer than a few minutes. Often people will remain in channel long after they've left a server.

What I'm trying to say, it's probably just been a screwy few days for everyone. I think you would fit in great with those guys, so hang in there, brother! :)

My apologies Shock. I tend to get into the game when playing, but if you need my attention for something I will get out to talk to you or help in anyway I can.

Back