target practice

it's a Crosman Storm XT break barrel air rifle. rated @ 1200 feet per second.

Nice! You should post some pics of it here ;).

DSC00275.jpg

We had ground hogs at work. On the weekends I work I take the rifle to work and shoot at the ground hogs. I got 3 baby hogs last weekend. The adult hogs are tough, need a head shot to take a big one down.

Great fun shooting ground hogs. I used to shoot them with a 22 250 Weatherby Varmint gun. Nothing stops them like a core-loc round,

I said in the video. About 20 yards. Not too far. Most shots taken at the ground hogs are at 15 to 20 yards so that is where I set my scope at. Last year you walk right up to one of the ground hog babies and cap it. This year they're smart, they run when you get close. So we park our cars where the ground hogs are and use them for blinds. Little buggers don't see you as quick.

you know what works really well against ground hogs aka woodchucks in the NE, are explosives, well technically they work great against anything.......especially those nasty ground hogs. if you wire a small explosive device inside a bagel and leave it by their den, its well worth the wait.

also you can detonate their burrow with a chlorine bomb, made out of rubbing alcohol and bleach or CL- tablets if you have a pool. that stuffs works great. tis all fun and games when you declare chemical warefare on small woodland creatures.

I dont know why I find this so funny... Maybe cause you make it seem like they are fighting back! Declaring war... LOL

Usually it was 300 yards (Leopold scope). Nothing left but fur and blood!

I used to kill those things when they invaded my farm back home, you soak a bunch of rags in grease and kerosene, light them and stuff them into one their burrow holes, and wait with a shotgun above the other hole, and when they come scurrying out.......you Clark-B that bitch

as seen here:

shotgunchuck.jpg

Lex, you are a cruel, heartless bastard...I really like that in a person.

Back