Take a Trip in the U-2 Spy Plane

Wow... What a view... "Breathtaking" really was the best word for it.

that shit is absolutely amazing

My uncle who is now a retired Colonel from the USAF worked in the Skunk works program at Edwards AFB and Palmdale Ca. He has flown both, the U2 and the SR-71. He told me many stories of "other" countries that he flew over and was fired upon. All he said they did was kick the after-burner on and would outrun a missle easily. Of course they could go up high enough where the missle couldnt go. Would be a thing of sweetness to be able to do some of that stuff.

Amazing footage. 'Breathtaking'.

That is quite possibly one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. Imagine being able to fly on the verge of space, where the only trace of atmosphere, are ionized particles and ozone. like a flying fish, leaping out of the ocean into the air for only a brief few seconds. The U2 has now captivate me, I have never seen footage like that before and the ability to skim through the atmosphere like that is a very humbling experience knowing that only 108 years ago our first aircraft was skipping off the dunes at Kitty Hawk. I am intensely interested on how the engine systems work on that aircraft, excellent find. Also I really wonder what an ejection at that altitude would do a person.

Back