Project Squad (From the makers of Project Reality)

@Strange any tips on playing? I seem to always end up an insurgent and die without ever seeing where the bullets/nades are coming from.

I think it comes down to good squads and bad squads. If the players in the squad are scanning everything and spotting, contacts should be called out over local/ the squad radio.

Some things that help me a lot:
When moving I have an idea where the squad is ending up, I follow green name tags/ dots/ or a bearing, but I'm scanning everything looking for enemies. If I spot something I call out "CONTACT , BEARING ___ , ___ METERS"
And 99% of the time I'm spamming M and N. Opening the map and zooming in and out, this way I know where my team is, and where the enemy may be coming from.

I recommend staying in the back of the group for a few games. It took me 10 games to get the hang of the guns and how to use them properly, :confused: as well as the loadout expectations.

IMO:
AK Single shot > Full auto (unless breaching) I cant tell you how many times a guy has run up to me with a M4, sprays at me, and hits me ONCE. When they do this, I always have time to acquire the target and single shot kill them.

M4 Full auto < Single shot < 3 round burst aka the "I win click" (not a game mechanic, and takes practice) btw In the forest map an ACOG is almost useless.

EDIT: Pistols are viable at close range. If you find a player that is unaware of you, get right on top of them and use a single pistol shot to the back of the head. The player will die instantly, they cant radio your location, and it makes a much, MUCH quieter bang.

Last edited:
I haven't had time to play lately but will be on tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This game is intense. The more I play, it gets better and better. I prefer being a Squad Leader because I can control the situation much better, and communicate with other SL's. The learning curve is very minimal as a player, you just join a squad and use communication / teamwork. It is an alpha, so certain bugs are expected. Squad Leaders have a bit higher learning curve, but not much.

For those worried about the realism aspect, I will tell you that you are fully immersed in combat. It is crazy how much fun it is when you have 2-3 squads of 8 working together against the other team. @Strange @Experience @HomebrewerCraig are my witnesses :).

This game is intense. The more I play, it gets better and better.
fuck man, I am telling you. This game is going to be THE fps underdog...No matter the outcome of ANY game/mode, if you work well with your squad, you can walk away saying, "At least our/my squad won."

Hey guys just to let you know I did get Squad as well if you want to play hit me up I should be in TS more often nowadays :)

I just got a copy and will be trying it tonight. Hope to squad up soon.

See you tonight. Squad is intense. Especially if you are a squad leader.

I gotta say the few games i have played so far have been fun. Once you learn the commands if your team works together you can beat any opponent.

I haven't had a chance to play as much as I'd like, but it's very enjoyable still, the game gets intense when you're in a Squad, that's for sure.

New version was released on Thursday. Downloading it now, lots of additions, fixes, and improvements.

*http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=54

• Added a small information blurb at the start of each gamemode, explaining the rules and how to win
  • Added an Inventory widget, showing which item you have selected
  • Improved the Ammo widget with a better design to improve its readability
  • Added a game timer
  • Updated the chat boxes with some display features
  • Added a medic icon to medics on the map
  • Improved the Flag and FOB capture widgets
  • Player icons are now smaller, making the map more readable
  • Insurgent flag has been redesigned
  • Compass has been scaled up and modified for easier readability

Improved Main Menu
  • Server Browser now shows Map, Gamemode, and whether or not the server is out of date.
  • Improved feedback when you are kicked from a server, or if the master server goes down.
  • Renamed 'Deploy Now' to 'Start Local' to better describe what it does.
  • Added a FOV Slider.
  • Added Toggle ADS/Lean
  • Added Credits, Founders will soon be added
  • Added two new main menu music tracks from Scott Tobin
  • Added support for special events
  • Added in Founders Skins for the AK, M4, and RPG-7. These will be tied to your Steam Inventory in the future, but for now they are assigned randomly each time you get a new kit (spawning or ammo box)
  • Prevented the game from launching if certain settings were turned off, fixing ini options abuse like no shadows, no smoke particles, etc.
  • Added "Kick from Squad" ability and "Give Squad Leader" ability for the Squad Leader, left click on the "My Squad" list on the player and follow the menu buttons.
  • Added right click on the "My Squad" list on the player and follow the right click menu buttons.
  • New weapon fire sound improvements for AK series, SVD and new distant fire sounds.
  • New projectile flyby sounds.

do you have to go to the website and download the entire game again or just an updated part?

Edit: FOUND IT :) download it overnight cuz interwebs sucks

Last edited:
Yes. With Steam, that will change, but for now that is the case.

The latest update:

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=58

November has come.

middle_separator.png

It's that special time of the month again! This time we want to flesh each of the items out a little bit more than usual and give plenty of WIP shots and eye candy for our hungry hungry fans.
Here we go!
Systems
Steam Integration
We will be migrating onto Steam in the coming month, meaning that we will be able to put out much more regular builds and updates. We are currently on a Monthly update system because of the stress of distribution and the lack of an incremental updater. So once we are on Steam it will mean we can tap into Steam's automatic updater, release more regular content updates and take the stress of searching for updates off YOU as the player.

The latest update:

Steam Integration
We will be migrating onto Steam in the coming month, meaning that we will be able to put out much more regular builds and updates. We are currently on a Monthly update system because of the stress of distribution and the lack of an incremental updater. So once we are on Steam it will mean we can tap into Steam's automatic updater, release more regular content updates and take the stress of searching for updates off YOU as the player.
Pumped for this. I will play it more often since i wont have to manually update it.

And.. the Steam release is very soon!!!

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=60

It has been 14 months since our first public announcement. The effort of 25+ developers, untold gallons of coffee, making thousands of new friends, and putting in tens of thousands of hours of gameplay testing, and were about to make our momentous launch on Steam, this December 15th, 2015.

The time has come, the Founders have laid claim to their titles, have rolled with us through thick and thin, and now we march out together to bring this to the world.
As of Midnight PST November 30th 2015, we are ending pre-purchasing of Squad. You have between now and the end of the month to pre-purchase the game at the Squad Leader Founder level, which grants you access to the following perks on Steam:
  • Founder Patch in-game on your soldier (Delivery date TBD)
  • Founder Tag in the Community Forums
  • Exclusive Alternate Weapon Skins (AK74 and M4)
  • Digital copy of the Squad soundtrack
  • In-game name in Credits
Or at the Rifleman level, for USD 30.00.
We would like to thank every backer and founder that has helped us up to this point, without the financial and moral support of each and every one of you, development would have not been possible.
This next very important step to Steam Early Access launch will rely very heavily on this community to ensure all the newcomers experiences are as great as the ones we have already had over the Alpha period.
On Steam launch, those that have not pre-purchased will be able to purchase Squad and all future content for USD 39.99 via Steam. Going forward all content, past and present, will be open to all players.
For those that have backed us and pre-purchased, you will be receiving your Steam key via the Alpha Portal to redeem on Steam. So please check the Alpha Portal closer to release date.

In summary, there are 2 dates for you to remember:
  • 30th November - End of all Pre-Purchasing
  • 15th December - Release of Squad on Steam Early Access, retailing at USD 39.99.
Offworld Out.

And.. the Steam release is very soon!!!

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=60

It has been 14 months since our first public announcement. The effort of 25+ developers, untold gallons of coffee, making thousands of new friends, and putting in tens of thousands of hours of gameplay testing, and were about to make our momentous launch on Steam, this December 15th, 2015.

The time has come, the Founders have laid claim to their titles, have rolled with us through thick and thin, and now we march out together to bring this to the world.
As of Midnight PST November 30th 2015, we are ending pre-purchasing of Squad. You have between now and the end of the month to pre-purchase the game at the Squad Leader Founder level, which grants you access to the following perks on Steam:
  • Founder Patch in-game on your soldier (Delivery date TBD)
  • Founder Tag in the Community Forums
  • Exclusive Alternate Weapon Skins (AK74 and M4)
  • Digital copy of the Squad soundtrack
  • In-game name in Credits
Or at the Rifleman level, for USD 30.00.
We would like to thank every backer and founder that has helped us up to this point, without the financial and moral support of each and every one of you, development would have not been possible.
This next very important step to Steam Early Access launch will rely very heavily on this community to ensure all the newcomers experiences are as great as the ones we have already had over the Alpha period.
On Steam launch, those that have not pre-purchased will be able to purchase Squad and all future content for USD 39.99 via Steam. Going forward all content, past and present, will be open to all players.
For those that have backed us and pre-purchased, you will be receiving your Steam key via the Alpha Portal to redeem on Steam. So please check the Alpha Portal closer to release date.

In summary, there are 2 dates for you to remember:
  • 30th November - End of all Pre-Purchasing
  • 15th December - Release of Squad on Steam Early Access, retailing at USD 39.99.
Offworld Out.

I may give this try. I have read through the thread and the game sounds very interesting!

Think of battlefield with competent developers.

Sorry, I read the first few threads of this conversation. How much is it now?

30 and you get it Dec 15th

Back