Project Squad (From the makers of Project Reality)

PM me your email address that you use for PayPal and I'll send you over 35.

Count me in.
If we go for any purchase together, just pm me before.

One of the programmers wrote a response regarding the status of vehicles:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/4...ax-pandemonium-at-the-disco/page-4#entry75394

For the record we always try to upgrade to the latest engine version when possible. Newer engine versions give us many bug fixes and additional tools to make the game even better. See this link for all of the new UE4 features in the latest edition: https://www.unrealen...ine-49-released and yes, we even provide patches and updates back to Epic to fix certain issues with the engine as some of our names show up in the list of contributors. These are mostly bug fixes that prevent certain things like sounds when equipping or unequipping weapons, doing sinusoidal interpolations properly with non-standard alpha clamps, or allowing proper clean-up of audio data upon buffers being cleared. Many things that people do not "see". I'll leak a bit of info here though, we have really been trying to get this build stable enough for most people to play and it is no where near that right now, hence why we had to delay it, but what is coming will be a big game changer. Imagine your SL now being able to tell you where to attack or defend and it showing up on your map or that you require your medic to heal you before you bleed out and become incapacitated (then you'll need a revive). We really wanted to get this release out for this weekend but with PAX, the 4.9 engine update, the new UI, and new medic mechanics, it was just too many things to properly test and fix in the short time we had. In addition, you can expect prone and crouching to be a much more stable shooting platform than off-hand (standing). And also for the record, we try to give you guys the latest and greatest as long as it works half-way decently. This is why you guys don't have vehicles yet, we had many issues actually getting them to work properly and the UI and medic system is much more important at this time, so please enjoy the walk knowing that vehicles will be getting some attention very soon.

Take care and enjoy!

Kory

This looks pretty cool, I hope it turns out as cool as it looks and they dont just push out a turd.
they wont push out a turd. this game might get out of "testing" end of 2016. Hopefully this game comes out when they have Hardline 3 or 4 releasing.
Browse on their forums, the donations on that site pay the devs to work on the game. They are open to suggestions and professional in responses as to reasonings. The team that is working on this game will have TOO much time and HARD work invested/dedicated in it to make a flop.

The only conflict I see with any "turdness", is they are trying to venture away from 3rd party VOIP software. They are treating it as an exploit to the mechanics/teamwork of how the game was designed. Which I am with them 100%.

Attachments

• Goatsimulator Squad!.jpg
    Goatsimulator Squad!.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 306
they wont push out a turd. this game might get out of "testing" end of 2016. Hopefully this game comes out when they have Hardline 3 or 4 releasing.
Browse on their forums, the donations on that site pay the devs to work on the game. They are open to suggestions and professional in responses as to reasonings. The team that is working on this game will have TOO much time and HARD work invested/dedicated in it to make a flop.

The only conflict I see with any "turdness", is they are trying to venture away from 3rd party VOIP software. They are treating it as an exploit to the mechanics/teamwork of how the game was designed. Which I am with them 100%.
Thanks for the info. Never even looked at the forums yet. I like the idea behind not using 3rd part VOIP seems kinda cool.

The game, for being a pre-alpha, is pretty slick. Several servers with 40+ people, so a total of around 400-500 testers.

It's much faster than ARMA in getting into combat, we're talking Battlefield times somewhat, but it is very immersive.

I should add that it's missing some functionality, namely scopes for the insurgents, easy to read spawn indicators (I initially had trouble spawning). The spawn screen could use a little work, but it's just the first re-design.

From the 30 minutes I played, my squad seemed to be playing together, and I enjoyed the experience. Going to bed, will play more tomorrow.

I should add that it's missing some functionality, namely scopes for the insurgents, easy to read spawn indicators (I initially had trouble spawning).
well, insurgents dont have the high powered optics technology for one....and the spawn indicators...depending on what map mode you play on (you only have 1 main base) otherwise you gotta wait to spawn at a FOB, or Squad leader Rally point.

I mean the map indicators. I just started playing but it is very easy to understand most of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes, they've simplified many of the icons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So, the dev's just did a 100 person test. 50 on 50. We sat for a group picture, which they'll post, then fired our guns in the air, simultaneously. EPIC!!! The only lag was when 80-100 rifles were firing at once. It was choppy at 80, but very solid for an alpha. @Strange was there.

It was a lot of fun! 50 vs 50 is going to be amazing.

I shot 20 players despite my potato aim, and some of them were enemies :confused:

Hope to see more of you in Squad.

TBG has a good name is Squad. People ask me quite a bit "Do you know @Soulzz? Hes a good SL/ or hes a nice guy" and when I join squads with people that know me, the SL says "So and so switch to ____, let Strange play the AT/LMG/grenadier" :cool:

By the way @Soulzz, we're on the front of the Squad website. You're just above the "Closed Alpha" text, I'm in the middle of the street facing away from the camera.

Back