Post your ride.

Kenwood touchscreen cd/dvd player

I too go with Kenwood. I have two 12" subs, the amp, the head unit, and the Music Keg, all Kenwood Excelon.

I like the color of my car but hate that it's a Ford. It already has a rebuilt engine in it because the damn piston went through the oil pan years ago and it's only a 2001. I changed the oil and filter regularly so that sheeeit shouldn't have happened but it's Fixed Or Repaired Daily.

Back when I had an apartment at the university
chop7vQ.jpg

Head unit
cNTdWgW.jpg

Complete system

Gotta mention my bicycle. FSA (Full Speed Ahead) carbon fiber crank.
yoIHXjv.jpg

Easy shifting
G3aXv2K.jpg

Carbon fiber brake lever & hydraulic disc brakes
mcr3QDV.jpg

iK7ue5b.jpg

I love these tires
aRHeIkz.jpg

@Chocolate_Ch3rry and everyone else, as far as a car care product, I highly recommend this to shine your tires
Armor-All-Tire-Foam-Aerosol-20oz.jpg

EDIT: My friend had this song on her phone. It's still not the same as in person but you can see & hear the subwoofers in action better!

Last edited:
I too go with Kenwood. I have two 12" subs, the amp, the head unit, and the Music Keg, all Kenwood Excelon.

I have 2 12's in my focus as well. I love my focus, its an 05 runs great. Trying to see if i can find a custom box for the subie for one of the 12's that I won't have to pay out the ass for.

I have an 03 4runner...I want to put a pair of subs in it....not sure if I should go 12s or 15s. Any pointers on which would be better for my ride?

I have an 03 4runner...I want to put a pair of subs in it....not sure if I should go 12s or 15s. Any pointers on which would be better for my ride?

I would go 15s, I was in an Acura with them and every time the bass hit, it was amazing! It's the best bass I've heard. I have 919 RMS Watts with 2 Ohms of resistance in my setup. I'm considering getting another amp to put each woofer to do what it was really meant to do.

I'm not serious about keeping my car forever so I haven't insulated it with something like Dynamat or HushMat. Being a hatchback, the Acura Integra I was in didn't have to worry about a rattling trunk like I do (which is why I made the subwoofers face me). Having all that glass in the back of your 4Runner is a + to limit metal rattling so you may not want to get/need the insulation.

Last edited:
Snake, I'd go with the 12"s as they provide a better overall hit/range and you can afford more speaker. I'm a Rockford Fosgate fan and if we compare the prices of the 12s vs 15s you end up with an $80 difference per sub when comparing the P3's. Also, build your own box and don't go ported. Use decent lumber, caulk the seams inside, use fiberglass to seal the outside, and then whatever material you want to cover it with.

But hey, that's just like, my opinion man.

HomebrewerCraig brings up a lot of good points. The reason I mentioned 15s is because I personally like deep bass (at low frequencies like ones found in rap & hip hop) which 15s are better at doing. 12s are better for more ranges and more music styles, they too are decent at low frequencies but not as much as 15s.

@HomebrewerCraig I've been considering porting my box...why do you say don't port it?

The reason I've never liked porting boxes is because the bass hits are not as tight due to moving more air (also decreases responsiveness), at least that's the theory of it anyways. Also, with porting, you end up having to spend time, if you choose to do so, tuning each port with different lengths of tubing on the inside.

I rock a lot of black/viking/death/thrash metal, very little hip hop/rap. But I do love me some NWA, Grandmaster Flash and shit. So I am looking for something with ranges.

I've always favored 10" and 12" sub's for the best sound quality. I used 15" for competition back in the day at spring break nationals here in daytona beach. I had a fox body hatchback mustang with the back seat removed and a wall put in with 6 15" matt's comp sub's. I hit 183.4 db. I don't get into any of that these days. As far as ported boxes go.. Slot Ported boxes made correctly and to the specs of your sub's will hit harder and louder than a conventional sealed box. Also a lot of other things factor in such as the brand/size of the sub, what kind of vehicle you're using and if you seal your car properly with a product like dyno mat.

Last edited:
Still not even great quality but all I have to video with is a crappy company issued iphone 5c. However this is one of the little things that I like about this car. Watching the gauges sweep and the christmas tree test.

Finally got the video in presentable format...

Last edited:
Alright. Here is one of my rides and these are when I first picked her up in 2005? 2006? with ~75k miles and she now has ~110k. 2000 Camaro SS 6spd. Eibach springs. UMI three point subframe connectors. Pro 5.0 short throw from ws6store.com. TrickFlow dif cover. On the side of the vehicle I removed the door bumper guards as it looks better.

Picture 003.jpg Picture 007.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 288
I posted pic's of my ride on previous threads in respect to this topic for further reference:

This video was recorded featuring my car with the help of my fellow die-hard American muscle car friends.

Back