Post 9/11 GI Bill

Im a bit late to this but Im using Post 9/11. Your BAH rate is dependent on your location and your rating. If you pulled at least 4yrs on AD then you'll qual 100% unless you did something stupid and got a BCD.

Use VONAPP through the VA.gov website. If you have questions ask man, if it involves PII then private message me. Youll have to sacrifice one of your entitlements under Chpt 33 (P9/11). Its complicated just as any federal govt program but theres plenty of other (such as myself) who have clusterfucked thier way through it and will guide you.

-Joe aka Flight Medic/RN School Idiot

http://newgibill.org/calculator/ This should help you calculate it. Online courses pay less.

Im a bit late to this but Im using Post 9/11. Your BAH rate is dependent on your location and your rating. If you pulled at least 4yrs on AD then you'll qual 100% unless you did something stupid and got a BCD.

Use VONAPP through the VA.gov website. If you have questions ask man, if it involves PII then private message me. Youll have to sacrifice one of your entitlements under Chpt 33 (P9/11). Its complicated just as any federal govt program but theres plenty of other (such as myself) who have clusterfucked thier way through it and will guide you.

-Joe aka Flight Medic/RN School Idiot

http://newgibill.org/calculator/ This should help you calculate it. Online courses pay less.

Just to add, if you attend full time, you can have 3 online courses and 1 physical-at-the-campus course and still qualify for the E-5 BAH goodness :)

One thing to add, as of like 2 yrs ago or so, they pro rated BAH so that holidays and periods between semesters and/or classes is not factored in. So say you have Christmas break which is 2 weeks in December and a week of January, do not expect the post 9/11 gi bill to cover those weeks BAH. It was a concession so that we could cover guardsmen with the GI bill, but make sure you check with the Vonapp/VA website and your schools VA rep to verify this is still the case.

Well, BAH (or BAQ as it was called in the Marines) would have saved me working 40 hours per week while taking 15-18 hours of class per semester. Still had all A's, but I was one tired mother.

The BAH isn't dependent on your location. It's dependent on your school's location.

Back