Official GTX 470/480 circle-jerk thread

Yeah, the 250W is actually for the GTX 470. For the GTX 480, it's 295W (lulz).

They're almost violating some PCI-E spec which says power draw needs to be below 300W.

It's going to be a fucking hot GPU - perhaps the hottest ever, beating all dual-GPU cards released so far. However, with better (liquid?) cooling, it might be possible to OC it I'm guessing.

On the stock cooler, I think you'll be lucky to run advertised clocks stable and the fan will probably be at 70%+ constant.

Who knows though, but that's what's "in the air" it seems.

Availability is going to be a bitch from what I hear too - I'm envisioning something far worse than ATI's 58xx launch. GTX 470's being sold for $600+ on ebay, that kind of thing - at least for the first month.

LOL bullshit benchmarks... numbers seem ABOUT right though:

gtx4802.jpg

73529807.jpg

LOL legit disassembly (OMG heatsink):

GTX480nude2.jpg

20100324113523_IMG_0197-copy.jpg

Lots of preinfo with benches from china.

It's a toss-up, but most importantly negligible improvement in Call Of Pripyat and the 3D Mark Vantage (aka Shattered Horizon) engine, SLOWER than the 5870 in Crysis. Hot as fuck, power-hungry as soulzz' sister in heat, and generally a huge disappointment.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/697735-open1your1eyes0s-gtx470-gtx480-collection-thread.html

Edit: BTW it seems like 95C is an acceptable load temperature to nvidia - at 72% fanspeed.

A few preorder places are saying shipping is estimated April 16th, etc.

It looks like availability is going to be an uberbitch... as with every "new best card" in the history of cards :-/

EVGA is already selling a version with a waterblock preinstalled - single slot (oh yeah) - sexy as hell. Kinda pricy though, they want a $100 premium for the waterblock... which is about usual though.

crap sold out everywhere an hour after it showed up on the sites! looks like im stuck with my ge force 210, then when i get my gtx 295 back im stuck with that too : (

LOLZ!

Capture598.jpg

(for those who don't get it, he's making eggs on the GTX 480 heatsink ;-D )

Back