New theme launch details (& how to change back if u dare)

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I am sure Soulzz would want some grand announcement. He can give it later. I am here to get you situated.

Features
The new theme has a couple of features we already had such as floating navigation. If like @sixer9682 you might have your paranoid security plugins turned up so far that you didn't see it. But may work on the new theme instead. But there are a ton of new features to enjoy was well.

Vertical navigation on mobile, collapsable forum categories, Persistant new posts button on mobile and much more.

Changes
We are probably still working on a few things. The usergroup banners for example need to be adjusted.

The old theme has temporarily lost the collapsed post edit/delete, etc controls that the new style has. It will be back. The plugin from Pixel Exit that makes it work interferes with the new theme.

Front Page on mobile
You know the seriously lagged side bar adjustment you probably hate on the old theme. Well now you will know why it existed. The left side bar is now on the top on mobile as it is stock. You have to scroll past it to get to recent threads. Enjoy... We will actually be working on a different solution called flexbox within a month. This fix has been planned for some time and will be on all themes.

Switching Themes
At the bottom of the page is the theme chooser. It can also be found in your preferences. Select the theme you desire and enjoy.
upload_2016-7-18_1-11-33.png

I would recommend the new theme to be honest. But if you like and can stand the old theme you can use it. If you like the old theme but don't like its current issues, please know we will be bringing the old theme up to better quality standards in the future. It will gain many features of the new theme that have been planned for some time.

I see the T in TBG is still gay as ever. Seriously can you not choose a different font or just not cut it in half?

I really like it. But the mobile theme is super clunky.

@Irishian88J what phone are you using? The mobile theme on my phone looks much better than what it did 1.5 weeks ago.

Old and new are both painful on mobile. Hence I just use tapatalk.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I have a Galaxy S5. Clunky was too general of a word. I meant to say that there is too much going on. And what used to be a quick shortcut, now takes forever to get to. Also, it is loading painfully slow on both mobile and Desktop.

Scrolling through all the widgets to get to the main body is... not cool. I don't mind the logo but the T does make it look like there's something missing. I'll check out some more when time allows.

I thought the main text was no longer going to be orange

I thought the main text was no longer going to be orange
We didn't have time to fix it. It's changing regardless, but I didn't want to delay the overall laucnh further.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Scrolling through all the widgets to get to the main body is... not cool. I don't mind the logo but the T does make it look like there's something missing. I'll check out some more when time allows.
Mobile or desktop? If mobile, as rain said that's changing soon.

We didn't have time to fix it. It's changing regardless, but I didn't want to delay the overall laucnh further.

It probably could have waited longer. Why rush. Not as though we "had" to have it asap. I'll be sticking with the old theme for awhile.

I have heard very few complaints, hence the switch. Sent you a PM

Back