My Character and the Tampa Server?

Killer24242

The Tampa Server used to be my favorite server and I spent lots of time on it....
Ever since I put it on my favourites list, now whenever I join it says "there is a problem with your connection" after about 5 seconds of being on the server and then loses connection, any ideas, it is a great server and I want to play but this is rather restricting.

Do you have the latest PB updates? That could be a cause. Is your PunkBuster A and B running?

Check out the Tutorials and Guides section of our forums for the PB guide. That should help you :).

As a last resort, give me your IP to make sure you aren't accidentally on the IP Ban mask.

I can confirm that PB is fully up to date, I manually update punkbuster relatively often and also PBA and B are also running
I think my IP is: 81.153.64.58 if that does not sound right then it might not be I am not great at IPs and stuff like that
Thanks for your help though, and an update it is all TBG servers that now do that (not just TGB, some others too)
I do not ping high so it is not that and BF2142 is fully patched.

I'm sure that's your IP. If your in doubt, go to www.whatismyip.com to find out what your IP is. It could be related to PB, that's my guess, if it's not only our server. If I don't see your IP on the banlist, I'd recommend chatting with me over Vent and we can sort it out there.

Killer24242, do as Soulzz said, get on Vent, he is our tech guy I am sure he can straighten your shit up

srry for taking a while to reply
that IP came from whatismyip so it is right,
as for vent, noob speaking here, I will get it now

You are not on the ban mask. I'll send you the Ventrilo info via PM.

Got the info, I will talk to you as soon as I have time, which is not as I post this I am afraid
On an interest point is it just BF2142 u ppl operate on or do you do other games too?
Its just that I got CoD4 a couple of days ago and want to know do you host servers for it?

Currently only 2142. We will be putting up servers for BF2 in a month or 2.

UPDATE: I think it might be a lag issue as I managed to get onto the tampa server today when it was nearly empty (8 other people aside from myself). However whenever I try and join when the server is busy or nearly full then I cannot connect, I also notice this pattern with the other servers I lose con with, so shall I talk to ea about stuff like that?
Thanks for all your help so far

EDIT: Lolz while I was writing this thread I was kicked by PB for being afk :p

EDIT: It is certainly a ping issue as I was not kicked for AFK, I was kicked, as I discovered the second time, for high ping, after playing on the server for 2 mins or so my ping suddenly jumps to ludicrous levels like 1k of ping. Any ideas why this is happening on most servers but not on some?

i believe its your internet connection. If it happens to 1 server it probably does for other servers. Check with your provider and see whats up. Server does kick when you have a high ping. I think over 300 consistently for 5 secs

Back