Motion Mine Question

MacN8r

Ban Manager
Admin
I know that placing motion mines on the enemy hangar bay is a definite no go. What I am wondering is, if you are on the enemy titan and they are camping the back end with a GS or transport, can you mine there? I haven't done so, but have been victim many times of the sitting on the back deck or hovering right off the tail. If I am using my BGen soldier, MacN8r, I will try to spawn as an engineer and lob a few SAAW at them to discourage them. They usually will just run to the back end and repair, but it keeps them off our people podding in. My other soldier that I just started recently, MacN8rDeus, doesn't have either SAAW or mines yet, so I die frequently in such situations.

Is placing mines on the back forbidden? I know they can follow, which is a problem. But, there are very few options against an air vehicle in such a situation.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves, I am interested in what everyone's thoughts are on this.

rules clearly state that no motion mines are allowed on enemy titan shields....if we have a problem with people putting them on the back deck, we need to rephrase that rule then...I have no problem with mines on the back and mid-decks personally...seems like a sound strategy to me.

As long as air vehicles can take off without coming under fire from the mines then you're ok.

I'd think on the back deck would be ok but I could be wrong. It's a good question.

i say go for it. its smart for keeping your attacking air trans from being enemy occupied too (bonus!). my favorite is a pilum shot. sometimes motion mines get a little jumpy and fall through the titan. last resort, use pods.

Back deck is ok. I regularly mine around both decks when I attack titans if I'm with an engineer kit... just in case somebody wants to land a transport or GS there ;-)

Just don't put them ON the front shield, or close behind it where they can float onto the shield when activated.

motion mines on back deck aren't against the rules

hence: Do NOT put motion mines on the enemy titan SHIELDS

;)

Those landing pads in the uncaps are fair game...I do that regularly just to keep the pilots on their toes

All useful information, thanks. I like the pilum idea, I usually don't spawn as engineer on titan assault, but maybe I should for such instances (still need gold badge). I usually use rdx against transports sitting on the deck, but it can be a risky proposition if someone gets on the guns. I have put apm on the left side of it since that is where they exit. Quite the shock for them. I also have hear of using motion mines and bait on the core and tried it and it seems to be an alternative. Never succeeeded in fully destroying the core, but appears to inflict damage.

Ive never been able to get the mines to explode in the core i throw the bait and the mines just spin and disapear..

I think the back deck is fine. However (just my opinion), the top deck would be kind of a grey area. I'm not sure how big the range is for motion mines. But I could se some punk bitch laying motion mines just off the shields on the top deck. If a GS isn't blown up on takeoff, I'm pretty sure when it comes back to repair (especially when it has to hover because there is another gs already spawned) it probably would be. I personally have not seen this happen (probably because we've either kicked or banned most of the assholes that would do this), so it's merely something to consider.

I think the two decks on the back end is what I am thinking. I would not want to consider the possiblity that they would drift onto the shields. However, if they are drawn off the back into them while they are hoving and shooting into the two doorways, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I put them wherever they are camping in a gunship or transport. If they want to park there they can be my guest. Obviously, not on the shields, and if they are that intent on it, I camp the titan with my pilum and shoot them as they take off and try to park. I enjoy it when they do that :)

To clarify
motion mines are allowed anywhere except on the shields.
meaning pads, back of titan allowed.

I hate that shit on the pads, especially on tampa in the EU base... but gotta live with it I guess. Just always keep an eye out when landing.

Preeettyyyy sure that I got bitched at for having mines on the back decks of the titan. Was a while back but still im positive that somebody yelled at me for it.

Back