Medal of Honor Open PC Beta

Lol, yeah the weapons are quite accurate, but I don't mind really - as long as mine are as accurate as the enemy's, which is the case.

The terrain is fine w/ me - the frostbite engine with no trees I guess. What kinda is really lame IMO is that they put really REALLY ridiculous bloom on everything - like smeared bloom across the screen really far from the edges and all.

I don't really expect things to blow up, actually one thing that I like about it is the nerfed area-effect weapons (rocket launcher, 40mm, nade). You really have to land them right next to people to kill unlike BC2 where it's a lot more prone to spamming. No more gustav n00bage! Most people actually use bullet weapons 90% of the time from what I've seen, with the occasional nade. People don't use the launchers much, which I find sad, because they can really own actually (I've gotten multikills) in the right situation.

Snipers are actually really fine IMO. They still kill very well (not in my hands, but I've been pwnzd by bolt-action), and the "battle rifles" are perfect for run & gun IMO which is what I prefer.

It is small, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, it's basically a COD clone with the frostbite engine, which is OK. I would've loved more destructability, but I haven't seen all maps yet I suppose.

Edit: BTW there was already a hack out 5 hours or so into the beta - some guy kept teleporting behind the base and aimbotting everyone with an MG. Pretty gay - hope they start streaming soon.

YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD!!!!!
I have tried. :)

*cough* <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiJ9fy1qSFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiJ9fy1qSFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

After high having expectations that this game would absolutely suck dick, its actually a lot of fun.

The Learning curve is about 25 minutes. Once you get used to it, its litteraly a better build of BC2. the weapons behave better, the hit registry is much much better and you can actually see where you're getting shot from.

I was expecting a really shitty game, but the movements is crisp, the animations are smooth and the graphics are pretty decent. Of course it needs some tweaks, like in game control adjustments, a spotting system, medics etc.

The only complaints I have is the user interface, the lack of on the fly "in game" settings adjustments, Opening up some terrain for better freedom of movement and tweak the information on the HUD a little bit. Other than that, it would be awesome if they added some Helicopters and opened up the maps. Could be an AMAZING PR mod.

I think you can access the settings from ingame, you just have to click on "Menu" in the upper left corner on the class screen I think. I don't think this game will get a spotting system or medics though. They've pretty much n00bed the spotting system to "when someone shoots, they flash on the minimap" and the UAV streak. As far as medics go - if you get injured, you can take a break for 15 secs and you self-heal. I don't think reviving is a good idea, because it will become insane with the choke points, like reviving over and over and over like you've never seen.

Choppers... heh, wishful thinking. I think it will severely unbalance the maps and the weapons aren't designed with that in mind either.

I think you can access the settings from ingame, you just have to click on "Menu" in the upper left corner on the class screen I think. I don't think this game will get a spotting system or medics though. They've pretty much n00bed the spotting system to "when someone shoots, they flash on the minimap" and the UAV streak. As far as medics go - if you get injured, you can take a break for 15 secs and you self-heal. I don't think reviving is a good idea, because it will become insane with the choke points, like reviving over and over and over like you've never seen.

Choppers... heh, wishful thinking. I think it will severely unbalance the maps and the weapons aren't designed with that in mind either.

I disagree, If you look at Kunar base for example all of the area around it would be ideal for choppers, make the map the size of Suez for example, add a few more fire bases as Objectives, throw in a striker, a few humvees, and a ZPU-23 for the Taliban and it would sit pretty well imo. Also the spec ops class has anti tank already built in, so it would be very easy to shoot RPG's at anything that flys

if not that, than it poses as a ideal candidate for the project reality mod community with some tweaks of course

Actually, I really like the music in the game too. I hope someone releases a "soundtrack" from it when it comes out...

After high having expectations that this game would absolutely suck dick, its actually a lot of fun.

The Learning curve is about 25 minutes. Once you get used to it, its litteraly a better build of BC2. the weapons behave better, the hit registry is much much better and you can actually see where you're getting shot from.

I was expecting a really shitty game, but the movements is crisp, the animations are smooth and the graphics are pretty decent. Of course it needs some tweaks, like in game control adjustments, a spotting system, medics etc.

The only complaints I have is the user interface, the lack of on the fly "in game" settings adjustments, Opening up some terrain for better freedom of movement and tweak the information on the HUD a little bit. Other than that, it would be awesome if they added some Helicopters and opened up the maps. Could be an AMAZING PR mod.

It's not the greatest more like "meh" but it is a better build than bc2. I actually played for more than 1 round.

It probably is a better build than bc2, but the game play itself is weak and toyish to me.

It's not ground-breaking, but it should be fun, especially if I can find it for $15-20... might wait a few months after release. It's been a good beta, but it's over for me... gets boring to play the same map over and over :-/ I guess there's going to only be 8 maps in the retail? That's not too many, but like I say it should be fun for a bit.

If it lasts even a few months,it can be beneficial to us. If Black Ops details change down the road, so be it.

It's not the greatest more like "meh" but it is a better build than bc2. I actually played for more than 1 round.

I played two-and-a-half ;) Will be playing zero when it comes out. Who was it at EA that compared this to COD4 and 5?? Waaaay off the mark, IMO it isn't even half-decent. I feel as if I'm running through mud all the time, heavy, bulky. When I'm playing COD5, I feel like I'm slick and can manoeuvre quickly. Shots seem to register easier. With this game, I am not instantly sure if I actually killed anybody or not! :D

I realise it's a Beta and kudos should be given to EA for doing this, however I haven't seen enough to make me want to buy this. Even if Black Ops is a failure, I'll go back to COD5 if I have to. Still some cracking mods out there :)

Yeah I don't know what people are thinking when they compare this to cod4 or even MW2, obviously they never played either because it is nothing close to that. The only thing that is slightly similar is the lack of weapon recoil and sway, as well as a small amount of more RNG then tactical gameplay. The movement is incredibly restricted and the lack of prone, lean, and toggle to aim down sights is very annoying. I'm sure if I continued playing it might smooth out a bit but I find it insulting that EA would try to release a game that is so similar to one I have already purchased, at least the mp anyways.

I would play cod5 any day over this. Not really related but worth mentioning, there is a mw2 mod/conversion for cod4 that is pretty awesome, no reason to ever install that POS mw2 ever again.

Back