MechWarrior wanted?

No idea when it's coming out. I'm sure we will have a server for it though :).

Dice got the 2142 walkers idea obviously from the previous mech series

Gees, I used to play MechWarrior the RPG when I was like 8 years old. Old school shit man. Awesome to see it come to PC.

mech 4 and all its expension packs had multiplayer. Pretty fun, lots of teamwork involved.

NIce.

I never played the original Mechwarrior series before... never even tried it. Meh.

Might give this a whirl.

Mechwarrior 4 and all expansions will be released for FREE on Mektek.net on its anniversary. Mechwarrior 5 will have Multi, and it will be cross platform. Xbox & PC. Release date is unknown, sometime soon though. It will be the first Mechwarrior Series game since 2002 and it will be a complete re-launch. Name will be Mechwarrior: Reboot, hence the re-launch. I personally cannot wait till this is released! You guys better have a server for it! lol.

Yes, lots of multiplayer gameplay.
Not a direct port from the X-Box because two teams are working on it one console team and one PC team.
PC version is the main focus at this time. Console is an afterthought so they say.
PC version has different controls from what I hear so far.
Multiplayer modes are suppose to include Assault.
Its like one team hides in the city and the other tries to find them. I like that mode.
I hear capture the flag is also one game mode but not confirmed yet.

mech 4 had capture the flag. The game is all based on strategy./tactical, and ive you like working in squads you will definitely enjoy this.
For example, back in the day you let the lighter mechs grab the flag because they can run faster (but less firepower) and had the capability of flying for 1 mins (then you recharge it), then you have medium size mechs protect them and larger mechs protecting the medium size mechs.

I remember when i would do scrims in that game, there would be baiters who would run up front on the main road and then the rest of the pack went around the city and boxed the enemy...they were so boned!

There are still multiplayer games going on right now. Just download the PR1 patch, then download mektek's 3.02b patch. After that, go though the files and find the file MekMatch.reg, click it, click yes, then ok, then start game, set up multiplayer, choose zonematch, then finish that up and you can join one of many games! Oh. Also go to http://www.mechwarriorleagues.com/cgi-bin/ops/mapman.cgi and download the map packs. If you cant see it, make an account, and then click the link. Oh and the mektek patch adds about 50 brand new mechs. Check it out if you still have the game, if not wait till MekTek.net releases them.

Mech 4 is still fun but all the configuring to get the game to see anyones servers is long an tedious. After you have done it a few times it gets to be old hack.

Back