little off topic from gaming

killingseed

hope this isnt too far off topic.
figured i'd let you all get to know me a little more other then that fact that i get owned on 2124 all the time.
one of my other hobbies
some images from my reef tank not sure anyone in TBG has a reef or not but what the hey. a lot of the stuff in the images i grow out from 1 inch frags as we call them , takes some time to grow them out.

caps.jpg

oraenchnata.jpg

102_1848.jpg

yelful.jpg

thanks for viewing.

How many gallons is your tank? Gorgeous pics btw ;).

Soulzz , its only a 75 gl(4ft x 18" x 21") tank with a 40 gl filter sytem tank under the main tank that is half full but i have been working on an inwall/room divder tank for more then a year . which is a 125 gl(6ft x18x21) tank with a 55 gl sump/filter system tank under it. you can kind of see the 75gl tank behide it on the left.

pic of the newer tank still not finished.
pffull.jpg

Arturo_Fuente , yes there are fish but they move too much to get a good pic, here is a pic i pulled from googles of one of the nicer fish i have. not my pic just googles it. i like taking pictures of the corals to monitor growth and they dont move.
flame2.jpg

Wow Seed that looks awesome. I'm loving how vivid the colors are. Nothing like chillin' in front of fish tank to relax. Did you know that it's been proven that it lowers your blood pressure? I don't have any fish now but I have in the past. It can be a very expensive "hobby" but then again what isn't.

I'm just glad I'm not an audiophile.. now THAT'S an expensive hobby. At least 50k for some setups.

Good speakers can be had for $1000-ish...

Of course you can take anything to the extreme...

What I'm saying is, an extreme PC doesn't cost nearly as much as an high quality speaker system.

solider4real , yes its very relaxing to site in front of it.

corals arent cheep, some can be as low as 5 per heads and lower. some can get up there in price, way up there, 1200.oo per head or something that is 600.oo for a 1/4 inch. i have one that can go for 80 to 1500 for for an 8inch's round coral. some people do get carried away with both pricing and buying.

I like my snakes, they are good looking and inexpensive. But coral tanks blow my mind (good way)

Killingsee, it makes me wish that I still lived in Hawaii (or even Okinawa). Very nice!

[quote1249558996=Soulzz]
What I'm saying is, an extreme PC doesn't cost nearly as much as an high quality speaker system.
[/quote1249558996]

Heh... just for fun I decided to configure the most expensive overpriced Alienware shit ever (had never done it before).

The results: Desktop costing $11,500, laptop costing $5,600. That is with all components to the max available... about twice more expensive than I thought!

Also, with audio equipment - you buy it now, and it might still be pretty current in 10 years... it's pretty hard to really make groundbreaking innovations in the audio industry I think (not so sure as I'm not following). I've heard of people still using 10-15 year-old speaker designs though and praising them as the best ever...

On the other hand, that Alienware PC will cost 1/4 of the current price next year by this time almost guaranteed...

Both hobbies have their pros/cons 027

I had a 55 gallon tank set up for salt water. I had a lion fish that was about 8 inches from spine to spine. Very poisonous! A jewel ele, different tangs. It was a really nice tank. I'd like to set up another salt water again sometime. All I have now is a small 10 gallon tank with one killer fish. I had about 6 fish and this fish killed all other fish in the tank. There can be only one fish!
DSC00301.jpg

I always wanted to get a huge tank, fill it with fish just to go fishing in my living room. I would cast in from the recliner!

Mancave! Mancave!

Back